• Yes

Votes: 262 88.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Unsure

Votes: 21 7.1%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You know the drill:

TW: themes of domestic violence & violence towards and eventual murder of a child.

We’ve been following the live updates for the trial for the murder of infant Star Hobson provided by the Telegraph & Argus, they set it as the main banner image daily for anyone who would like to follow.

A verdict was reached this morning of Tuesday 14th December. Day 38 of the trial.

Savanna Brockhill has been found guilty of the murder of Star Hobson.

Frankie Smith, Star’s mother, has been found guilty of causing or allowing the death of a child.

Sentencing is at 2pm on Wednesday 15th December.

May you rest in peace, Star ⭐

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 47
I’m hoping Frankies family are still there for her on the outside, after hearing about the low IQ and domestic violence I think they will be. She needs people to finally help guide her through life even though it’s not to late, hopefully she can turn her life around.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Well, Mary-kates statement was interesting wasn’t it 😏 do these people not know when to read the room and shut the hell up

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I wonder if there will be any grounds for Frankie to appeal?

(I don't understand what is needed to appeal)

I am a bit shook, I didn't expect them to find Frankie guilty.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I agree with Savanna’s verdict. I’m not sure about Frankie’s but I’m not surprised by it. I think it would take a good understanding of how people respond to trauma to find her not guilty. There could also be things we haven’t heard.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
Taking a moment to thank The Crown especially Alister McDonald for being Stars voice. All the Drs police and everyone else involved in getting this baby justice. And also Mr Ali for just being Mr Ali.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
FS I hope she gets the support and help she needs, hoping she has the support and love of her family.

Reactions: 7
Mary-Kate’s spelling is atrocious I could barely made ‘scents’ of that word salad.

Your sister is a murderer, deal with it hun.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
The Facebook post of MaryKate’s was posted weeks ago.

I think Frankie’s only hope is Anita and David tbh. I don’t think Yvonne will be able to give her the guidance she so clearly needs.

I can’t get over how tragic it is. If Savanna hadn’t come along no doubt she would have been a poor mother but well supported by the wider family, and no different to lots of parents. Genuinely saddened.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Honestly I wish Mary Kate would just duck off!! I couldn’t even understand her post but I’m still pissed off

ETA just seen your post @elikayute

Reactions: 11
My friend works in Bradford near the courts and it looks like David is making a statement to the press outside I’m waiting for the lunchtime news…
I think the right verdict has been reached and I cried so many tears for a little girl I never met. I’m glad the trial has finished and pray the right sentences are delivered tomorrow

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
Poor David and family. My heart aches for them.
But justice has been served. Let’s hope SB gets as long at ET.

I’m kind of gutted for FS but I think the Jury went with what was right evidence wise. I just hope her sentence isn’t long and has her family waiting for her.

I feel drained and I’m glad after tomorrow it’s over.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I hope FS has to serve at least another year in prison for the part she played in this tragedy. If she walks tomorrow she won‘t last 2 minutes on the outside.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.