Savanna Brockhill & Frankie Smith #10

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I work in paediatrics. It’s very common for children to be silent with broken bones. We worry more about quiet children than those screaming. My son actually broke his collar bone age 3, and he was the same as the above poster. Pale, quiet, silent and he didn’t actually identify to me where was hurting. Had I have not been a medical professional would I have taken him to be seen? Maybe not Straight away.

I’ve seen many people with a low iq who think screaming child equals serious injury and this isn’t the case (usually) so I can see how FS could be convinced star was ok.
First time poster here but been following closely.
Also to add, every time a child attends a&e. It doesn’t matter who you are or why you are there you will be asked safeguarding questions. And a report will always be sent to SS for every a&e visit. So my son visited a&e a number of times over the ‘threshold’ (thanks to 3 serious viruses, the broke collar bone and the great day he managed to eat a tub of vitamins) and I was contacted by SS as standard. But was a quick 2 minute phone call where they decided I wasn’t a risk.
I’ve been in A&E quite a few times with my kids. Cuts to the head, a broken arm, concussion several times (concussion happened in school though I don’t know if that makes a difference) but I have never been contacted by social services.
they asked every time if there was any ss involvement in the family but never once have social services contacted me about anything.

Reactions: 3
I remember my niece once got her leg stuck in the bars of her cot, she must have been about 18 months and she was screaming. I expected to be able to just push her leg back through but it was completely stuck. I was babysitting and had no idea what to do I started panicking thinking we’d have to call fire and rescue 😂 anyway I just tried to use common sense and gently manoeuvred her leg out of the bars, it took a while but we got it out eventually. I know it was mentioned Star’s leg had been stuck in the cot before and it made me think maybe they twisted it and ragged it out and that’s what caused the fracture?

Reactions: 2
If that were true, why did she tell SB she wanted to take Star to the hospital because of her leg? I’d say the evidence points to FS wanting to seek medical attention but getting talked out of it by SB.
Saying and doing are two different things. She had plenty of opportunities throughout Star’s life as it seems concerns were raised by the family and friends for months, the leg wasn’t an isolated incident. Even if she got talked out of it at that point in time by SB still doesn’t excuse other occasions she didn’t. If one doesn’t want to do something, psychologically we need just one person to reinforce our own view resulting in inaction.

Reactions: 4
SB's sisters were posting as far back as last year saying Star had fallen and hit her head and 'didn't make it' - so SB clearly had spun a story and/or they'd created their own.
I'd hate to believe my own family members would be that evil and calculating to kill a baby I'd be in so much denial because I wouldn't want to believe it but again when faced with such evidence and cctv you cannot argue with what's hitting you straight in the face. Defending an alleged murderer over social media sister or not is a silly thing to do

Reactions: 4
My heart lies with the jury today, and however long it takes for them to reach their verdicts. I think we can all agree that if SB hadn’t crashed into Stars life that baby would be alive today. The case against SB is pretty straightforward.

FS is much more complex. As a foster carer I have cared for many children and worked with their parents, many of whom have low intelligence and/or come from abusive and chaotic backgrounds. I have also had a number of parent and baby placements.

I have read and reread Frankie’s evidence and she has baffled me. Those jurors have a heck of a job ahead of them. I am hopeful that the correct verdicts will be reached. I wouldn’t want to be sitting on that jury for all the tea in China!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Omy! I knew I saw that! Up until the trial I was under the impression Star had banged her head on something when neither of the adults were in the room. I couldn’t understand how they could be charged and remanded after the story I’d read, I couldn’t remember where I saw it but it must’ve been her comments on the T&A article. She made Savannah sound like the Light and Saviour of the world
yes, wasn’t the story initially that the baby banged her head on a coffee table?
Which interestingly then popped up as an excuse for a different injury earlier in the timeline, bruised cheek I think ?

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I walked around on a broken hip for 3 weeks when I was 13. DRs didn’t take me seriously because I wasn’t screaming and crying about it.
Just want point out that I wasn’t abused, I’d started with pain in my leg when I was about 10 kept getting fobbed off by DRs ff a few years I fell at school on a banna skin of all things 😂 got took to A&E got sent home 3 weeks later I had a ap had me jumping on my leg all sorts said it was fine. Luckily a student was there and he said X-ray her hip. Turned out I had a bone cyst that had eaten a way at my bone. When I’d fell it snapped my hip in half 😣

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
I’ve been in A&E quite a few times with my kids. Cuts to the head, a broken arm, concussion several times (concussion happened in school though I don’t know if that makes a difference) but I have never been contacted by social services.
they asked every time if there was any ss involvement in the family but never once have social services contacted me about anything.
Same with me, my children are so clumsy especially my eldest. He broke his leg when he was 3 at a trampoline park, pulled his shoulder playing with his dad (he was swinging him by the arms and didn’t think anything of it at the time), and my youngest fell downstairs once so we rushed him to get checked out. They only ever asked if there was involvement, like you said. I remember thinking at the time “they’re going to get SS involved” because a few of the incidents happened over a close period of time, but nothing. Not that I would have objected, they’re just doing their job and we had nothing to hide. But it still made me feel horrible and anxious.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Just want point out that I wasn’t abused, I’d started with pain in my leg when I was about 10 kept getting fobbed off by DRs ff a few years I fell at school on a banna skin of all things 😂 got took to A&E got sent home 3 weeks later I had a ap had me jumping on my leg all sorts said it was fine. Luckily a student was there and he said X-ray her hip. Turned out I had a bone cyst that had eaten a way at my bone. When I’d fell it snapped my hip in half 😣
I didn’t realise people genuinely do slip on banana skins. I hope you were as okay as possible, and don’t have any permanent problems from it! I’m glad the student was more switched on than the rest of the so-called professionals.

Reactions: 6
No it has to be so many visits In a certain time frame. And they won’t necessarily contact everyone and will base it on reasons for visit too.

Reactions: 5
Pinstripe John should stick to making Facebook videos. His testimony was a load of shite.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Call me cynical, but I think this would be more convincing if SB hadn’t talked about punching men and women to the ground, along with video footage of her repeatedly hitting a child.
Oh yeah, the person who calls herself the number one psycho (not psychopath obvs 🙄) sounds like kindest most gentle person you could meet.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Please don't shoot me for this lol I find it convenient that it was the friend/family member of SB that have said FS asked if she would be locked up /would you visit me in prison...just asking did any of FS own family say FS said this to them aswell?
Don't get me wrong she may well have I'm not disputing that at all.. just find it a bit convenient.. we have to take into consideration that it was a while before SB n FS were arrested so maybe SB told them both to say that to make FS look guilty she's done a good enough job to cover up the bathroom situation she's capable of anything

Reactions: 8
Please don't shoot me for this lol I find it convenient that it was the friend/family member of SB that have said FS asked if she would be locked up /would you visit me in prison...just asking did any of FS own family say FS said this to them aswell?
Don't get me wrong she may well have I'm not disputing that at all.. just find it a bit convenient.. we have to take into consideration that it was a while before SB n FS were arrested so maybe SB told them both to say that to make FS look guilty she's done a good enough job to cover up the bathroom situation she's capable of anything
I got the same impression and wouldn’t put it past them tbh. None of FS family or friends mentioned her saying anything like that.

Reactions: 11
I got the same impression and wouldn’t put it past them tbh. None of FS family or friends mentioned her saying anything like that.
That's what I find strange, apparently she didn't know chloe well had only met her couple of times so so me chloe is nigh on a stranger to FS barley spoke when she did meet her yet she would ask her to visit her in prison rather than ask her own family? Just doesn't sit right with me x

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.