Saturday Night Kitchen Disco #3

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Paul Simon is really cool.

His son also did at least one album, and this song is amazing. I remember hearing it on the radio (on Janice Long's Radio2 show) and thinking "hmm, sounds like someone doing a Paul Simon impression". I then heard it again a while later and found out who sung it, and thought "Ah, that'll be why!"

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Now, the first time I ever heard this song I was really young - someone was playing it in their house with their windows open and I heard it and went to my mum and told her I'd just heard a lovely song, and I tried singing it. Oh that's Cathy's Clown, she says. What? I says, clown??? So for years after when I heard this song, I always imagined a girl called Cathy dragging this big life-sized white-faced clown doll thing around with her everywhere she went. Oh the age of innocence ... and overly-active imaginations.

I think they need to change it to Carrie lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1
Got reminded this the other day, because of someone on the radio (maybe Steve Lamacq?) going on about an anecdote which somewhat mirrored that at the end of this song. It also featured on Jonnie Walker's Desert Island Discs, because of course it would.

Reactions: 1