Saturday night kitchen disco #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oldies 60s/70s disco alert here :p Ladies and gentlemen, may I introduce Badfinger: Come & Get It & Day after Day. God, the memories these songs bring back ... ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Used to listen to this when I was living in a bedsit in Edinburgh as a student nurse in the seventies. Love anyone taking the piss out of themselves.
I can’t complain but sometimes I still do...

Last edited:
  • Heart
And this; San Bernadino, also by Christie. My mum made my older sister take me to the dance with her when I was a very young teen, and my much, MUCH older sister didn't want to because I didn't know how to dance, so she taught me how to, in our bedroom, to this very record - 'Arms out, thumbs out and just wiggle yer arse, and don't disgrace me in front of my mates, she says'. I think I did anyway. 😁

Used to listen to this when I was living in a bedsit in Edinburgh as a student nurse in the seventies. Love anyone taking the piss out of themselves.
I can’t complain but sometimes I still do...
God but this thread's brilliant, I've only discovered it tonight - I'll never be off it now. 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Aah, Simon & Garfunkel, let's face it, they're hard to beat!

Last one from me. Night all, it's been lovely on here tonight. Rita Coolidge - We're All Alone.

• Heart
Aah, Simon & Garfunkel, let's face it, they're hard to beat!

Last one from me. Night all, it's been lovely on here tonight. Rita Coolidge - We're All Alone.

I love it when people discover this thread! What a beautiful song!

• Heart
Night from me and a bittersweet memory from 1979 when I had a ticket for Kate Bush at Usher Hall but couldn’t go as I was on night duty in the R.I.E. I thought that there would always be another time 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Faaaabulous! (doing a bit of sofa dancing here 😁 ) There was a programme on a couple of years ago all about Northern Soul - the music and dancing was just brilliant - one of the best things I've ever watched on the telly it was, wish I'd recorded it.

Night from me and a bittersweet memory from 1979 when I had a ticket for Kate Bush at Usher Hall but couldn’t go as I was on night duty in the R.I.E. I thought that there would always be another time 🙄
Another brilliant song - takes me right back!

Funny enough, that Jackie Wilson song - Higher & Higher - is on the Rita Coolidge LP I had too.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.