Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Flexicon

Sarah's Day #45: Hoping to go into labour faster, to distract from ED book launch disaster

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 144

hello874930

View attachment 988288
AH, how conveniently timed!

All this song and dance to plug in a stupid podcast where she'll likely peddle her unscientific nonsense and dangerous misinformation, in the name of "her opinion" while she talks over her sister who is perhaps problematic too, but more qualified on the topic.
As a doctor this makes me so incredibly infuriated. We spend our lives studying every teeny tiny minute detail of our speciality to SAVE LIVES like what the actual fuck I’m so sick of people who think their “mothers intuition” means they know everything. The amount of arguments I have had with arrogant know it alls like Sarah is incredible. Don’t birth in a hospital then. Have your home birth. If that’s truly what you want - a calm intervention free water birth then absolutely, go for it. In your clean bath at home. But wait, you want your NIPT and your ultrasounds and epidurals and all the marvels of modern medicine when it suits you, only to doctor and science bash when all they are trying to do is help you and reduce the risk of DEATH to your child, just because you didn’t have the “perfect” calm birth that you wanted. Real life isn’t social media perfect. Take your “rights as a mother” and shove them where the sun don’t shine because all you are looking for is a scapegoat for your non-picture perfect labour. That’s all on you babe. No one else. You.
And for the love of god I hope you don’t have blood on your hands for giving out dangerous messages like these.

• Heart
Reactions: 143

annieray

VIP Member
So I asked a family member who is a qualified, practicing physician what they would make of someone who presented in early labour, had a degree of calcified placenta, balked at induction against advice, tried to knock self out during labour, finally opted for epidural, and also needed an episiotomy, forceps and vacuum (which she said failed), with a baby at the small end of normal.
Their answer nearly made me snort tea out of my nose:

“Umm, so we’re talking about a substance user? The erratic behaviour is consistent with the kind of poor maternal stamina we see in people who are, let’s just say chemically compromised.” … They thought she sounded like she was in drug induced psychosis! THAT’S HOW CRAZY YOU LOOK TO THE REAL WORLD SARAH.

HA! When I explained more they said it sounded as though Sarah had likely not prepared herself for labour and was having a total meltdown - which we all know to be true, on both counts.

She also asked if she was obese, because it’s apparently more common to need the trifecta that is vbac, forceps and episiotomy in mothers that are somehow physically compromised (poor fitness/endurance; excess weight; medically compromised etc.). That combined with the resistance to intervention, then eventual epidural gave the impression (to my family member) that she was overall a very difficult and ill-prepared patient, who probably made the experience more challenging than it needed to be, for her and her treatment team.

I am cackling 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 105

guruhooroo

Who cares if 🦊 is blonde or not?? The problem is Sarah projects her own versions of what she wants the people in her life to be and doesn’t just let people be themselves. Nothing is good enough, everything has to be on her terms to her standards and she has to come out on top as the best, always.

Sarah has truly backed herself into a corner with her lifestyle and how she makes her income and to an extent it’s not her fault. She started her Instagram and YouTube because people in her life praised her for her healthy eating and exercise routine. Maybe at that point it was pretty close to healthy. It would’ve been at a time when rhetoric like “strong not skinny” and “fitspiration” had made its way into the zeitgeist. Sarah was a 22 year old sheltered girl from the Shire who was and is a victim of the toxic diet culture that pervades our society. As Sarah’s channel and following grew it clearly encouraged her to make food and exercise the number one priority in her life. She got all this praise from followers for how her body looked, for her abs, how thin she was, how muscular she looked. It was pretty much inevitable that all that positive feedback about Sarah’s appearance, and the money she started making as her following grew, would result in her becoming obsessed with maintaining a certain physique at the cost of her physical and mental health. Sarah has been exhibiting disordered behaviour around food and exercise since the start of her channel and it’s only become more extreme and disordered as the years have gone on.

The reason Sarah not only didn’t see a problem with marking her new ebook towards people with eating disorders but also clearly still doesn’t think it’s a problem is because she is so deep into her eating disorder. Sarah isn’t just enabled by the people in her life, she’s been enabled and encouraged for near-on 6 years now by her followers. All the praise and money she makes is based on her having a desirable but unsustainable and unhealthy physical appearance. How else will Sarah make money and maintain her lifestyle if she stops doing the things that grew her following in the first place?

Honestly WE are part of the problem. People, US, need to stop idolising influencers and treating them as if they are some kind of authority on topics like nutrition, exercise, mental health etc. just because they’re conventionally attractive and good at editing photos and videos. Go through your ig feed, your following list, your YouTube subscriptions and ask yourself why you’re really following these people. Do they have qualifications in the topics they talk about? Would you still be interested in their lives if they didn’t look the way they did or if their feed wasn’t so beautifully curated?

Sarah is obviously terrible. Incredibly narcissistic, unethical, and out of touch with the amount of privilege she has (thin privilege and pretty privilege as well as class privilege). It’s sickening to think how much money she has made off selling her ebooks and other products that are marketed through the implication that you can look like her if you buy these things (when she mostly looks that way because of genetics and an eating disorder). But Sarah is also JUST like every other influencer! If you look you’ll see Elsas wholesome life can be just as problematic, same with Steph Claire Smith, any influencer you can think of. The people in these threads calling Kurt’s sister in law “Queen Kate” need to take a step back and reflect on why they feel so consistently compelled to find new women to put up on a pedestal.

• Heart
Reactions: 105

Toddlah

Screenshot_20220109-094241__01.jpg
Screenshot_20220109-094303__01.jpg

Some beauty shots☝
How many office spaces does the big boss need? Probably can't relate cause I'm not as busy as ~THE SEZ~✨ but truly baffles me as to why they do all these expensive prodddjects (de$igning and conceptualizing you guys!! aka buying new furniture), have that empty Poolhouse and her stupid new office at home. Imagine what else she could do with all that fucking money. Here are some suggestions scummy:

- you can literally afford and access any therapist in the world, a privilege that not many people (with an ED like yours) have
- hire a marketing team, a proof reader and maybe someone with actual qualified expertise
- get yourself a tutor for 1 on 1 spelling classes
- purchase some ethically made clothing
- donate to all the various communities and causes that you've disrespected, shamed and insulted over the years like POC, lbtq+, humans who experienced miscarriages or fertility struggles, people with mental illnesses and EDs and many more
- also I'd like to apply for financial compensation as I feel like your constant belly rubbing and eye fucking yourself has caused me some severe anguish

Do you all think the funnee cookbook is gonna consist of only already published recipes on the app? Can't wait til bo$$ babe refers to herself as an accomplished author within the culinary world 🙄 so glad that the "bread pudding" made another appearance.
And not one single word mentioned about the ebook throughout the whole vlog. Unbelievable.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85

Spicy_bananas

1642160825473.png

Mostly because the sister is unvaxxed but whatever...

1642160937504.png

Yeah that happened :rolleyes:
Also everyone clapped, the doctor gave me a certificate saying I was the best at pushing out a baby and the hospital gave me 1000$! :rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 84

TickledPink

Chatty Member
On the Healthcode daily today talking to their semi qualified nutritionist Dee about the female cycle telling their mostly young teenaged listeners there are only 6 days in the female cycle to fall pregnant and how weird sex ed in school is in telling all the boys to always wear a condom 🙄 🤦‍♀️ arghhh they are sooo dumb

Also Sarah literally boasting she got pregnant right away and she made Kurt have sex with her 8 days in a row.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 82

Asdkjf

I listed to the latest Wednesday health code daily episode with her sister, the pregnancy series... anyone else?

In it, Sarah discusses her labour with Fox and how she was pushed to deliver early due to Fox being small. At one point, she said she told the doctors that she was a small baby, Kurt was a small baby, she's a small human (ugh, no she's not), etc.. and that's her reason for why she shouldn't be induced. As if that reasoning trumps a doctor' medical knowledge???

Anyway, that aside. Fox being a small baby due to genetics really grates on me because it's not correct. I also had a baby a few years ago who was measuring tiny in utero. I spent a lot of time discussing this with doctors during my pregnancy and in the first year of her life to make sure everything was OK (it was 😊). I was told by my drs that a baby can be small either because of genetics, or because of a less than ideal uterine environment (eg placenta issues, maternal diet, stress/high blood pressure, smoking etc).

I was told that if a baby is born small but then catches up in their first year of life, this is not because they are genetically small but because they had some sort of issue in the womb. Once they are born and have access to more ideal nutrition/environments, small babies usually put on weight to reach their genetic weight potential.

Anyway, I recall that Sarah went on a bush walk with Fox when he was around 1 year old and complained because she had to carry him. She said his weight at that time, I think it was 10 or 11kg? I don't remember exactly, but I DO remember looking up his weight against the WHO baby growth charts at that time, and he was bang on average for his age at that time, around the 50th percentile. Meaning he wasn't genetically small, but had caught up. Which is a good thing, but means that her logical at the time was WRONG. He WAS in a dangerous situation. But she's still banging on about him and her being small genetically 🙄

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 82

ScummyScuz

VIP Member
I can't speak for others but I don't want Sarah to be 'cancelled'. I want her to apologise and take accountability for her mistakes and for the role she has played in influencing people. Though frankly that feels like an unlikely outcome right now. So in the absence of that it is nice to have tattle as a place where people can criticise her openly & share our experiences.
Again, speaking only for myself here, I actually want her to be cancelled. By which I mean, get her off this platform and place of influence she profits from, with ZERO accountability, and a proven track record of NO improvement.
She is a business, let's not forget that.
When businesses and brands default or slip up, deliver shitty services and goods, we take it up with them. We expect ownership, we demand better, we want to see them change before we can trust them again. We demand improvement. Sarah has proven she is not just willing, but incapable of this.
Why does Sarah (and any other influencer in her ilk) get to be any different?
Why do they get to have all the profit that comes from peddling unscientific and dangerous misinformation and no self improvement or growth, while they continue to fuel lives of obnoxiously large houses, lifestyles of teribble consumption that grow and grow and grow -- aston martins, boats, multiple homes, holiday homes, and dont even get me started on the free shit.
I often feel sorry for Sarah the person. But I absolutely believe Sarah the business (yes, all her 87 companies and businesses) need to GO. She has done too much harm already. She continues to do more harm on the daily.
The fact that this thread is amongst the fastest moving on this site, is proof. And she actually ensures this by never stepping back and reflecting on her behaviour and actions.
She needs therapy. Not our kindness.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 81