Sarah - This Mama Life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's nice to see Isla has a little tree for her room to decorate, shame she couldn't help decorate the main tree though! I also hope Lachlan has a tree aswell for his room!
He's two is he not? I don't think I could be bothered buying and subsequently storing a tree for a toddler haha

It's nice to see Isla has a little tree for her room to decorate, shame she couldn't help decorate the main tree though! I also hope Lachlan has a tree aswell for his room!
Don’t want to defend her but we did tree on own too and we never helper our parents do it ?‍♀ I guess just what your used to.

Reactions: 1
He's two is he not? I don't think I could be bothered buying and subsequently storing a tree for a toddler haha
He is two but surely this is the first Christmas where he has some understanding about what's going on. My goddaughter who's two loves putting the bables on and off the bottom branches of our tree.

Don’t want to defend her but we did tree on own too and we never helper our parents do it ?‍♀ I guess just what your used to.
I guess to me Christmas is about the children. There is nothing cuter in my eyes than a tree the kids have decorated ?

Reactions: 2
He is two but surely this is the first Christmas where he has some understanding about what's going on. My goddaughter who's two loves putting the bables on and off the bottom branches of our tree.

I guess to me Christmas is about the children. There is nothing cuter in my eyes than a tree the kids have decorated ?
Oh Christmas is 100% about the kids it is to is too but not 100% about a tree and just as exciting when they wake up and come through to the tree all up when they didn’t know it was getting put up. It’s almost like the think Santa came and put it up over night.

Oh Christmas is 100% about the kids it is to is too but not 100% about a tree and just as exciting when they wake up and come through to the tree all up when they didn’t know it was getting put up. It’s almost like the think Santa came and put it up over night.
I can understand that completely but she doesn't seem to do anything with them children, it wouldn't have hurt her to do the tree with them.

I can understand that completely but she doesn't seem to do anything with them children, it wouldn't have hurt her to do the tree with them.
That’s true she does seem to want to do as little as possible with them which is heartbreaking.

Is Lachlan, aged 2 and a bit, still drinking from a baby bottle?

That’s true she does seem to want to do as little as possible with them which is heartbreaking.

Is Lachlan, aged 2 and a bit, still drinking from a baby bottle?
He was 2 in October. She seems to want to keep him a baby. Is it normal for a 2 yr old to still sleep in a sleep sack?

He was 2 in October. She seems to want to keep him a baby. Is it normal for a 2 yr old to still sleep in a sleep sack?
My son is a year younger than L. He hasn't had a sleep sack for about 6 weeks! Also no bottle! My eldest was out of a pushchair a long time before Isla's age! Seems to be anything for an easy life!

I don’t think sleeping in a sleep sack is anything bad. My son didn’t like a quilt and the only way to keep him warm was to have him in one of these. He stopped when he was almost 3 and then had his quilt.

She said ages ago that Lachlan has been climbing out of his cot and onto the changing table but she still hasn't taken the sides of the cot off or moved the changing table.

I don’t think sleeping in a sleep sack is anything bad. My son didn’t like a quilt and the only way to keep him warm was to have him in one of these. He stopped when he was almost 3 and then had his quilt.
That's fair enough if he didn't like the quilt but I can imagine Sarah has even tried him with a quilt and if he is climbing on to the changing table from the cot that's got to be dangerous in a sleep sack (unless he gets himself out if it first?)

Can she not stay indoors? Who wants to drag kids out in this weather to go to a Christmas market! (Not sure what the weather is like everywhere else but it's awful here!)

Reactions: 7
Going off tangent a bit but... she had Christmas night out on Friday. Stuck to sane drink (so obviously had a drink). Let’s presume she drank 4 standard sized glasses of wine (fit some reason I think she might drink more) you’re looking at waiting at least 10-11 hours after you stop drinking before you are safe to drive. She took Isla to ballet and I very much doubt that involved walking her there... she is often driving kids to nursery or swimming or dancing after a night out. I hope she is safe.

Going off tangent a bit but... she had Christmas night out on Friday. Stuck to sane drink (so obviously had a drink). Let’s presume she drank 4 standard sized glasses of wine (fit some reason I think she might drink more) you’re looking at waiting at least 10-11 hours after you stop drinking before you are safe to drive. She took Isla to ballet and I very much doubt that involved walking her there... she is often driving kids to nursery or swimming or dancing after a night out. I hope she is safe.
I’ve noticed that, she has a drink at night most weekends. Not very responsible when caring for 2 small kids. What if one of them took ill during the night again & she needed to drive to the hospital?

Oh come on... I also have two small kids and often have a drink at weekends. The chances of needing to drive are slim! Mothers/parents still need a life when they have children.
Granted I don't go out either as unlike Sarah I don't have an abundance of babysitters to offload my kids onto!
But you can't say she shouldn't have a chance to unwind at weekends "just in case she needs to drive"

Reactions: 5
So they are having a day at home but she’s already panicking and thinking they will need to get out later.
I really wish she could just relax and try and enjoy her day as it comes.

Oh come on... I also have two small kids and often have a drink at weekends. The chances of needing to drive are slim! Mothers/parents still need a life when they have children.
Granted I don't go out either as unlike Sarah I don't have an abundance of babysitters to offload my kids onto!
But you can't say she shouldn't have a chance to unwind at weekends "just in case she needs to drive"
If Rob was there fine. But she’s the only adult in the house if there was any sort of emergency. She often complains of being hungover the next day. Personally, it’s not worth it.

So they are having a day at home but she’s already panicking and thinking they will need to get out later.
I really wish she could just relax and try and enjoy her day as it comes.
Is she at home? The insta story I saw didn't look like her house

I think it’s a shame if you feel you have to have a drink to unwind but that’s just my view, and if she really has no one close by to help in an emergency why would you risk it? Seems crazy to me but we all parent differently

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.