Sarah - This Mama Life

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a military wife I can honestly say I was horrified when I saw her doing Ads for the British Legion. That should the type of thing she should raise awareness of naturally through passion and pride, not through a contract and fee.

In terms of her moaning about her housing - yes that is her choice to live in that house. They now know that they will be there for a couple more years, so if you are that unhappy why not just spend the extra money and rent privately for a house you love? Clearly between the 3 household incomes they have they could afford it.

However I will defend her against those of you saying it’s her choice to live down south, she could move closer to her parents etc. So you’re saying she should sacrifice living with her husband and having her children live with their father, to move to the opposite side of the country and essentially live as a single parent? Sorry but that’s not a choice. Obviously she is going to live with her husband, and if that is where he is stationed, for the most part they will have very little say in the matter.

That being said, it does bug me how much she moans about him being away and how far she is from family, yet they constantly have family and friends visiting at weekends to provide babysitting or help with the kids. When Rob did his latest deployment barely a weekend went by when they didn’t have visitors. I’m not knocking that at all - you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do to get through the deployment.... however don’t publicly moan about it all the time and play “so hard done by” act.

As if she’s planning on having a third baby!!
I think she wants a 3rd baby as an attempt to “right the wrongs” of her experience with Lachlan. She had such a miserable time of it with him and it clearly affected her mental health so much, I think she thinks doing it all over again might bring her some peace/closure.

I also think she wants a third for the easy YouTube content, and because so many of the other YouTube mums had 3 kids (Meldrum, Katie Ellis, Emily Norris, Charlotte Taylor etc). It’s keeping up appearances.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
As a military wife I can honestly say I was horrified when I saw her doing Ads for the British Legion. That should the type of thing she should raise awareness of naturally through passion and pride, not through a contract and fee.

In terms of her moaning about her housing - yes that is her choice to live in that house. They now know that they will be there for a couple more years, so if you are that unhappy why not just spend the extra money and rent privately for a house you love? Clearly between the 3 household incomes they have they could afford it.

However I will defend her against those of you saying it’s her choice to live down south, she could move closer to her parents etc. So you’re saying she should sacrifice living with her husband and having her children live with their father, to move to the opposite side of the country and essentially live as a single parent? Sorry but that’s not a choice. Obviously she is going to live with her husband, and if that is where he is stationed, for the most part they will have very little say in the matter.

That being said, it does bug me how much she moans about him being away and how far she is from family, yet they constantly have family and friends visiting at weekends to provide babysitting or help with the kids. When Rob did his latest deployment barely a weekend went by when they didn’t have visitors. I’m not knocking that at all - you’ve got to do what you’ve got to do to get through the deployment.... however don’t publicly moan about it all the time and play “so hard done by” act.
I can see your point. It all depends though, my parents made the decision for my dad to work away and we all stay up in Scotland so we had family around us. It is a choice, and if he is deployed for a long time it makes sense IMO to have your family around you instead of you being 'doubly' alone as it were.

I think she wants a 3rd baby as an attempt to “right the wrongs” of her experience with Lachlan. She had such a miserable time of it with him and it clearly affected her mental health so much, I think she thinks doing it all over again might bring her some peace/closure.

I also think she wants a third for the easy YouTube content, and because so many of the other YouTube mums had 3 kids (Meldrum, Katie Ellis, Emily Norris, Charlotte Taylor etc). It’s keeping up appearances.
Agree with everything you said

Reactions: 1
There definitely is a choice there. I've got many, many forces friends who've opted to buy or rent their own home in a fixed place while whichever parent serves moves around. Even if you're entitled to CEG, boarding school isn't for everyone and kids do need some stability.

Please don't have a third baby when you have so little time for the two you already have.

Reactions: 7
I can see your point. It all depends though, my parents made the decision for my dad to work away and we all stay up in Scotland so we had family around us. It is a choice, and if he is deployed for a long time it makes sense IMO to have your family around you instead of you being 'doubly' alone as it were.
There definitely is a choice there. I've got many, many forces friends who've opted to buy or rent their own home in a fixed place while whichever parent serves moves around. Even if you're entitled to CEG, boarding school isn't for everyone and kids do need some stability.
To me this is a very sad solution, and it is very easy for people to say without the comprehension of what it actually involves.
No matter what, I would always choose for my children to live with their father so long as he is in the country. Obviously deployments are part of the military-life deal, but while they are stationed I would always want my children to have both their parents there. Surely that’s why you choose to have children with someone?

From Robs point of view, commuting 6-10 hours (depending where you’re suggesting she moves to - north of England or Scotland) every Friday and Sunday evenings to see your kids? Really? It’s not like they live 2 hours away from family, that would be a lot more reasonable to expect someone to commute.

Reactions: 2
To me this is a very sad solution, and it is very easy for people to say without the comprehension of what it actually involves.
No matter what, I would always choose for my children to live with their father so long as he is in the country. Obviously deployments are part of the military-life deal, but while they are stationed I would always want my children to have both their parents there. Surely that’s why you choose to have children with someone?

From Robs point of view, commuting 6-10 hours (depending where you’re suggesting she moves to - north of England or Scotland) every Friday and Sunday evenings to see your kids? Really? It’s not like they live 2 hours away from family, that would be a lot more reasonable to expect someone to commute.
I've done it haha, we did it for years, that's why I say it is a choice. Soldiers/sailors/airmen DON'T usually work long days (my other half is often out of the house for 12 hours or more now as a civi) so yes I agree there's a compromise on missing all the bedtimes etc through the week.

At the end of the day, either put up or shut up 🤷‍♀️ she has loads of support and if she hates the life so much they need to change something. I think there's a fine line between being relatable and honest, and just constantly complaining.

Reactions: 3
I've done it haha, we did it for years, that's why I say it is a choice. Soldiers/sailors/airmen DON'T usually work long days (my other half is often out of the house for 12 hours or more now as a civi) so yes I agree there's a compromise on missing all the bedtimes etc through the week.

At the end of the day, either put up or shut up 🤷‍♀️ she has loads of support and if she hates the life so much they need to change something. I think there's a fine line between being relatable and honest, and just constantly complaining.
Yes exactly... my husband starts at 7am, has a 5-10 minute cycle to work from our married quarter, and then is home by around 5pm, usually 2-3pm on a Friday. Obviously if he’s on duty or on shift he will do different hours, but why should he sacrifice those couple of hours every evening with his kids because his wife continuously moans about being away from family. Yes it sucks sometimes not having grandparents down the road, but as I said before she doesn’t seem lacking in people coming to visit and help her when she needs. Which is a lot more than many can say. We have an overseas posting at the moment and I have friends who in the 3 years they are here have never once had family visit.

She gives BOTH her children opportunities and activities to do. Lachlan goes swimming also and she said hes not 3 yet so he cant yet attend the clubs Isla goes to but she wants him to! Who said I had children? But then again is that any of your business? And to call somebody horrific you must have some serious issues yourself go and take a look at yourself first!

Question Greendream do you personally know Sarah because the level of hatred you exhibit is abnormal 🤣
This is funny coming from the same person who exhibits the same amount of hatred for Claire Witt.

I see Lachlan had his dummy in the car. Didn't she say he only has it for bed?

Stop the press... Lachlan is actually being allowed out the pushchair to enjoy a walk with the rest of the family.

• Haha

My dad has done it for 20 years. It was best for the family at the time and still is. He worked in London and we lived in Glasgow. Can be done so I don't think it is an unreasonable thing to ask. Meant my Mum had support during the week and the weekends were family time. So I stand by what I said, especially since she can be alone for 6month plus stretches.

My dad has done it for 20 years. It was best for the family at the time and still is. He worked in London and we lived in Glasgow. Can be done so I don't think it is an unreasonable thing to ask. Meant my Mum had support during the week and the weekends were family time. So I stand by what I said, especially since she can be alone for 6month plus stretches.
I’m glad it worked for you family, but I honestly can’t think of anything worse. My husband didn’t become a father to see his kids for a day and a half at weekends. I personally do believe that’s an unreasonable thing to ask. Me having help from outside the immediate family at hand when I need it comes secondary to my kids having their dad around.

I’m glad it worked for you family, but I honestly can’t think of anything worse. My husband didn’t become a father to see his kids for a day and a half at weekends. I personally do believe that’s an unreasonable thing to ask. Me having help from outside the immediate family at hand when I need it comes secondary to my kids having their dad around.
Each to their own and all that. It was the only option for us, and worked out better for us due to the hours my dad had to put in, meant he at least got the weekend with us.

So I am simply pointing out it isn't a completely unreasonable thing to ask of Sarah, particularly as she seems to really struggle to cope at times.

Unreasonable to you maybe, but do keep in mind that we are all different and you have no idea of people's circumstances. We see Sarah alone for huge chunks of time and maybe Rob would think that she has sacrificed enough and could do with some support in that regard.

Each to their own and all that. It was the only option for us, and worked out better for us due to the hours my dad had to put in, meant he at least got the weekend with us.

So I am simply pointing out it isn't a completely unreasonable thing to ask of Sarah, particularly as she seems to really struggle to cope at times.

Unreasonable to you maybe, but do keep in mind that we are all different and you have no idea of people's circumstances. We see Sarah alone for huge chunks of time and maybe Rob would think that she has sacrificed enough and could do with some support in that regard.
We were in the same position growing up. Dad worked in London, we lived in Edinburgh. It worked well for our family! Up until that point we lived within commuting distance of London but I didn’t see him during the week because he left before we woke and got home after we were in bed, but my mum didn’t have any support during the week. At least once we moved north she had the support and was a better parent because of it and it had no impact on how often we saw our father!

I get that every situation and family is different, but for us it worked and everyone was happier as a result!

• Heart
I see she’s mentioned this website in her “chatty update video”. How can she say that we can’t possibly be happy? I’m quite content in my life she is the one constantly complaining about every aspect of hers!

Reactions: 8
I see she’s mentioned this website in her “chatty update video”. How can she say that we can’t possibly be happy? I’m quite content in my life she is the one constantly complaining about every aspect of hers!
And she says it's all lies but we only go off the evidence she gives us... I guess the truth hurts. If random strangers can see you favour one child over the other she must be panicking that people closer also notice.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.