Sarah This Mama Life #22 Sinbad at sea, here comes her childcare plea, still thinks she can cope with 3.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yet again she’s eating bagels late at night because she ‘forgot’ to order gusto … firstly, didn’t she have a food shop booked this evening? Secondly, why does she need to order gusto as well as a food shop? Is she seriously that incapable of making meals?! I can’t imagine how much money sges spending getting a gusto for one on top of the food shop. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 16
Yet again she’s eating bagels late at night because she ‘forgot’ to order gusto … firstly, didn’t she have a food shop booked this evening? Secondly, why does she need to order gusto as well as a food shop? Is she seriously that incapable of making meals?! I can’t imagine how much money sges spending getting a gusto for one on top of the food shop. Ridiculous.
I don’t understand her at all. Why can’t the kids eat gousto with her, or she cooks for the three of them from scratch? She’s setting them up with such awful attitudes towards food.

I work, my kids do clubs 5/7 days, I still manage to prep and serve dinner (solo)! Genuinely Sarah, the secret is to prep one while one cooks. So you’re always a day ahead of yourself, and in the half hour it cooks, you food prep for the next day.

You can even supervise homework, or kids helping with chores at the same time. You can batch cook some doublers for the freezer!

(Disclaimer, I am not an Instagrammer, so you may wish to ignore my advice - if it’s not on the gram does it even count? Also, while I have time to work and cook and keep up with my kids, my hair is all my own, it’s trimmed annually, only have natural lashes, and my nails are… nude. I am not worthy.)
#priorities
#bless

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
I don’t understand her at all. Why can’t the kids eat gousto with her, or she cooks for the three of them from scratch? She’s setting them up with such awful attitudes towards food.

I work, my kids do clubs 5/7 days, I still manage to prep and serve dinner (solo)! Genuinely Sarah, the secret is to prep one while one cooks. So you’re always a day ahead of yourself, and in the half hour it cooks, you food prep for the next day.

You can even supervise homework, or kids helping with chores at the same time. You can batch cook some doublers for the freezer!

(Disclaimer, I am not an Instagrammer, so you may wish to ignore my advice - if it’s not on the gram does it even count? Also, while I have time to work and cook and keep up with my kids, my hair is all my own, it’s trimmed annually, only have natural lashes, and my nails are… nude. I am not worthy.)
#priorities
#bless
I think you’ve revealed your secret - all that time you don’t waste on Instagram is (gasp!) spent doing useful things 💪🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Imagine not being able to have dinner because you forgot to order Gousto. How on earth do the rest of us manage 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Imagine not being able to have dinner because you forgot to order Gousto. How on earth do the rest of us manage 😂
It’s like she thinks she is one of very few solo parents or parents who do the day to day stuff on their own. And we are all over here amazed at what she manages to do while sacrificing meals cos she is just ToO bUsY to prep.

If you can’t manage the basics of keeping you and your family fed, you need to drop some stuff. Like insta or YouTube. Or beauty appointments or workout sessions. How many hours a month would be saved!

Between the kids they do ….swimming, dancing, gymnastics, football, karate? I’m all for getting stuck in to fun things and seeing where their passions lie, but there comes a point when you need to consolidate and focus on just a couple of those.

Reactions: 11
But we’re middle of May and robs only been gone 6 weeks. I echo above- take the promotion and tell him to leave the navy. And also stop MOANING. We know he’s been deployed. You make a passive aggressive mark every day about it. He’s on a fuking ship, I’m sure he doesn’t love it either.
sacrifice. Life. My other child also comes with me everywhere because my husband works till 9pm most nights. And all day Saturday too sarah. You. Are. Not. The. Only. One.
single parents. Shift workers. Bereaved parents. Armed forces. STOP IT.

Reactions: 17
But we’re middle of May and robs only been gone 6 weeks. I echo above- take the promotion and tell him to leave the navy. And also stop MOANING. We know he’s been deployed. You make a passive aggressive mark every day about it. He’s on a fuking ship, I’m sure he doesn’t love it either.
sacrifice. Life. My other child also comes with me everywhere because my husband works till 9pm most nights. And all day Saturday too sarah. You. Are. Not. The. Only. One.
single parents. Shift workers. Bereaved parents. Armed forces. STOP IT.
What promotion are you meaning??? She’s already got a promotion at work.

Even he he wants to leave the navy doesn’t he hand to give like a years notice or something?? And I get the impression that he doesn’t want to leave! He wants to see it through to the end of his career and leave with full pension etc - it’s what she’s always said he wants to do. He was in the navy long before she even met him - she knew what she was signing up for when she made a choice to marry him and have 2 children with him. She is honestly the most selfish, unsupportive wife I’ve ever known.

Reactions: 10
What promotion are you meaning??? She’s already got a promotion at work.

Even he he wants to leave the navy doesn’t he hand to give like a years notice or something?? And I get the impression that he doesn’t want to leave! He wants to see it through to the end of his career and leave with full pension etc - it’s what she’s always said he wants to do. He was in the navy long before she even met him - she knew what she was signing up for when she made a choice to marry him and have 2 children with him. She is honestly the most selfish, unsupportive wife I’ve ever known.
Thing is Sarah wants to see it through to the end for full pension etc she just doesn't want to do the solo bit with the kids in between!

Reactions: 9
What planet is she even on?!?

She has a food delivery last night, but fails to eat anything more than a buttered bagel and an egg because she forgot to order a prepared meal box…

Did she not feed the children last night? If I were her friends and family I’d be desperately worried about her. Not to mention the M&S salad for lunch.

Reactions: 8
It’s like she thinks she is one of very few solo parents or parents who do the day to day stuff on their own. And we are all over here amazed at what she manages to do while sacrificing meals cos she is just ToO bUsY to prep.

If you can’t manage the basics of keeping you and your family fed, you need to drop some stuff. Like insta or YouTube. Or beauty appointments or workout sessions. How many hours a month would be saved!

Between the kids they do ….swimming, dancing, gymnastics, football, karate? I’m all for getting stuck in to fun things and seeing where their passions lie, but there comes a point when you need to consolidate and focus on just a couple of those.
And we haven’t heard about Islas keyboard lessons for a while…

Reactions: 3
Wait, with Gusto isn't it just a rolling subscription and if you don't pick your meals then they will just randomise your box? At least that's how it works with hello fresh.

She talks a load of shite

Reactions: 7
Wait, with Gusto isn't it just a rolling subscription and if you don't pick your meals then they will just randomise your box? At least that's how it works with hello fresh.

I wouldn't know because I've never "forgotten" to order one.

She really does enrage me. Whenever I make an appointment or a regular event happens involving myself or the kids, it goes straight into my calendar with lots of reminders because otherwise I would forget. I have 2 kids and work full time. My brain doesn't have enough room to remember everything. If my husband tells me he's going somewhere next week, nevermind next month, if it's not got a reminder in the calendar I won't remember.

It's not bleeping hard to organise yourself. I think she's just one of these people that thinks it's cute to come across as disorganised. It's not.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14

I doubt she has a subscription because that way she wouldn’t constantly be able to use the credit she gets by promoting it on her stories.

Reactions: 6
Why the duck is she giving her child a low calorie fibre one bar in their packed lunch 🤢 Jesus wept

“Yesterday was hard, not going to go into detail” (goes into detail….). Who cares! Such a pity party!

I think when she says oh it’s hard when you’re a military family and you have no family to help nearby, she needs to be clear. It is hard, but literally millions of families have one parent and/or no support nearby. Many of those don’t have the luxury of a significant disposable income.

She needs to be honest with herself here - it is hard, but it’s doable and quite normal. What she means is - I am not ok, I need help please. And she could take very simple steps to help herself.

She would be so much more relatable if she accepted that this martyrdom schtick is going nowhere, and made some changes to simplify her life, spending more time enjoying her kids at home, being creative with them, and not defaulting to this absurd exhausting schedule that fills every moment with action and an excuse to talk to her phone.

Reactions: 14
She really needs to get herself into therapy and maybe Lachlan too, even play therapy to deal with his emotions while Robs away ect.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.