Sarah - This Mama Life #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another Costa...not using the Channel Mum reusable cup that everyone has been pushing lately. 🙄

This probably sounds heartless but as someone who grew up with a sister who battled anorexia for 14 years I don’t think Sarah is suffering right now. She seems to be talking about it a LOT (this is good) however someone battling doesn’t, they are quiet, they don’t show food portions because they don’t want anyone to know, they don’t work out and talk about it they do it in secret again for the same reason. So for me Sarah is using the scenario, I think she suffered a long time ago but right now I think she’s just lost control of herself and realises posting all that stuff brings attention.
I agree that she doesn’t seem to be suffering right now but I do think she has residual issues with food and with body image which need addressing to avoid her or her children becoming ill.

The complete lack of any home cooking
The fact that she doesn’t let Lachlan join them at meal times
The tiny portions
The constant showing of every food/drink she has
Constantly talking about her body/what size she is/how she couldn’t possibly be bigger than a size 10

I dunno, I’m no psychologist but there’s something that just feels a bit uncomfortable about it.

Reactions: 8
The money they waste eating out astounds me. I know what Rob earns roughly (give or take a few quid, husband same rank in military) and I can take a good stab at her wage from previously doing a similar job. I don't know how they do it. She doesn't work enough hours for lachlan to get free 30 hours at nursery. She is always shopping/having costas/eating out. She must be making far more on YouTube than she let's on.

Reactions: 2
The money they waste eating out astounds me. I know what Rob earns roughly (give or take a few quid, husband same rank in military) and I can take a good stab at her wage from previously doing a similar job. I don't know how they do it. She doesn't work enough hours for lachlan to get free 30 hours at nursery. She is always shopping/having costas/eating out. She must be making far more on YouTube than she let's on.
Lachlan will get free hours come January though right?

Reactions: 1
For 2 year olds, you only get free childcare if you DONT work, or if you earn under £15k a year...
For 3 year olds to get the full 30 hours free childcare you need to work min of 16 hours a week, I’m sure she does way over that so he’d be eligible once he turns 3 soon?

Reactions: 3
He will only get 15 hours free though. She will still have to pay the rest

For 2 year olds, you only get free childcare if you DONT work, or if you earn under £15k a year...
For 3 year olds to get the full 30 hours free childcare you need to work min of 16 hours a week, I’m sure she does way over that so he’d be eligible once he turns 3 soon?
Really? I have a 3 year old and he only gets 15 hours free child care and I work 18 hours a week and his dad works full time?

Last edited:
He will only get 15 hours free though. She will still have to pay the rest

Really? I have a 3 year old and he only gets 15 hours free child care and I work 18 hours a week and his dad works full time?
Depends on your area. Where I live you have to work at least 16 hours a week and earn less than a certain amount to be able to claim the 30 hours. However if you don’t work, you get 15 hours from 2. Which makes absolutely no sense to me and as a working mother really winds me up

Reactions: 4
Depends on your area. Where I live you have to work at least 16 hours a week and earn less than a certain amount to be able to claim the 30 hours. However if you don’t work, you get 15 hours from 2. Which makes absolutely no sense to me and as a working mother really winds me up
That makes absolutely no sence at all does it 🤦‍♀️ I can't wrap my head around the free care going to the families who don't work?!

We unfortunately don't get the 30 hrs even though we do both work. I was told I had to do over 30 hours myself to qualify ( but we have a younger child, so I would then have to pay for their childcare 🤦‍♀️)
It would be very interesting to know if they do get any help in payments then? I would be shocked as I say my husband is the same rank as hers, so gets roughly the same pay and that cancels us out of all extra help. We don't qualify for any sort of childcare help or benefit because of his wage.

Me and hubby both work, over 30 hours. Didnt get finding when little one was 2, but the term after she turned 3 we got 30 hours. We have to confirm eligibility via HMRC every 3 months to state we do not earn over x amount

That makes absolutely no sence at all does it 🤦‍♀️ I can't wrap my head around the free care going to the families who don't work?!

We unfortunately don't get the 30 hrs even though we do both work. I was told I had to do over 30 hours myself to qualify ( but we have a younger child, so I would then have to pay for their childcare 🤦‍♀️)
It would be very interesting to know if they do get any help in payments then? I would be shocked as I say my husband is the same rank as hers, so gets roughly the same pay and that cancels us out of all extra help. We don't qualify for any sort of childcare help or benefit because of his wage.
I don't get why families who don't work get free hours, gives them no incentive to go out and find work!

Reactions: 3
This probably sounds heartless but as someone who grew up with a sister who battled anorexia for 14 years I don’t think Sarah is suffering right now. She seems to be talking about it a LOT (this is good) however someone battling doesn’t, they are quiet, they don’t show food portions because they don’t want anyone to know, they don’t work out and talk about it they do it in secret again for the same reason. So for me Sarah is using the scenario, I think she suffered a long time ago but right now I think she’s just lost control of herself and realises posting all that stuff brings attention.
Not heartless at all, you have far more experience than me. I don’t know much about eating disorders at all really so probably shouldn’t comment. I just feel so uncomfortable about how she seems so obsessed with showing her food portions and they seem so small. Also always talking about her body in such a negative way. I haven’t ever suffered with a eating disorder but I’d hope Sarah would do everything in her power to help Isla feel positive about her body & help prevent her suffering herself one day too

Not heartless at all, you have far more experience than me. I don’t know much about eating disorders at all really so probably shouldn’t comment. I just feel so uncomfortable about how she seems so obsessed with showing her food portions and they seem so small. Also always talking about her body in such a negative way. I haven’t ever suffered with a eating disorder but I’d hope Sarah would do everything in her power to help Isla feel positive about her body & help prevent her suffering herself one day too
And Lachlan- boys can just as easily succumb to eating disorders as well as girls.

Her husband surely must recognise that her behaviour isn’t healthy?

Her attitude to food is off IMO, my daughters friend has an eating disorder and she constantly talks about food, constantly cooks and gives away food, never eats any herself or if she does ftiny portions. I don’t think Sarah has full blown anorexia but defo leftover issues, especially in the control zone.

And Lachlan- boys can just as easily succumb to eating disorders as well as girls.

Her husband surely must recognise that her behaviour isn’t healthy?
After I wrote it I did think I should have included Lachlan too. Her behaviour is going to rub off onto both children if she’s not careful. Although I do feel she projects it onto Isla a lot more. Taking that photo in the changing room with her wasn’t healthy for a small child.

Finally took a day off work to be with the kids and she takes them shopping with her and for another lunch out. Sound so boring for them!

Reactions: 4
Finally took a day off work to be with the kids and she takes them shopping with her and for another lunch out. Sound so boring for them!

It was an inset day, it’s not like she decided to
Spend the day with them off her own back! And she let Lachlan just sleep until 11am
So she didn’t have to deal with him...

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.