Sarah This Mama Life #13 A keyworker she is (K)not, but she is slowly losing the plot.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t know the area she lives at all.... but why didn’t she just buy a period property?! Not a lot of that sort of house available? Why make a fake fireplace and recess to look Victorian? TV over a mantelpiece ruins that whole look anyway...
Because she doesn’t actually want a period property. She hasn’t got a bloody clue what she wants. She’s just trying to cram in as many “trendy” influencer interior cliches as she can under one roof. She’s completely butchering that house and making an absolute mess of it. Nothing has been properly thought out or planned, she’s just manically buying hideous paint and furniture and throwing it all in, in the vain hope that it’s going to magically look good. The reality is, it looks awful.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
I agree she is just manically bodging together a load of different interior fads for the sake of content/making the house insta worthy. Never mind the fact that there is no flow whatsoever as everything is going to be mismatched.
I’ve seen at least 7 Insta huns get carpenters to build tv units on fake chimney breasts with shelves either side (Ebony day and Ellie Polly have literally just had this done, EPs looks ridiculous because her tv is tiny for the space they’ve built 😂). It’s already so overdone and will date badly. I personally think art or a mirror should go above a fireplace - it’s such a tacky place for a TV.

Reactions: 14
I agree she is just manically bodging together a load of different interior fads for the sake of content/making the house insta worthy. Never mind the fact that there is no flow whatsoever as everything is going to be mismatched.
I’ve seen at least 7 Insta huns get carpenters to build tv units on fake chimney breasts with shelves either side (Ebony day and Ellie Polly have literally just had this done, EPs looks ridiculous because her tv is tiny for the space they’ve built 😂). It’s already so overdone and will date badly. I personally think art or a mirror should go above a fireplace - it’s such a tacky place for a TV.
That's hysterical! 😂

I'm a bit obsessed with these desperate Instagram attempts to add character to new build properties at the moment.

We're in the process of moving to a property that was probably built around the same time as Sarah's. The village we're moving to is full of listed chocolate box cottages, which are so picturesque from the outside, but just don't fit my lifestyle or 6'4" husband.

Our new house might not have a fireplace, bay windows, or stained glass. But what our newer house lacks in character, it makes up for in practicality - it has a double garage, a lovely ensuite, and great open plan living space with bifold doors to the garden.

You can't make a new build look like a period property with strange paneling and a fake chimney breast - just embrace it for what it is!

Reactions: 14
Every aspect of this entire house move has been a farce. The fact that Sarah viewed the house once, on her own, it seemed like a rushed rash purchase. The manic moving in just before Christmas. The unnecessary manic painting & decorating at all hours of the day & night over Christmas when the house was perfectly fine the way it was, rushing around doing obscure work like DIY panelling and tiling that both look awful. It’s all just a huge big mess... I just don’t get it. And I really don’t understand how or why Rob just seems to go along with it, he’s like a pathetic dog. Does exactly what Sarah tells him. He’s a waste of space.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
That's hysterical! 😂

I'm a bit obsessed with these desperate Instagram attempts to add character to new build properties at the moment.

We're in the process of moving to a property that was probably built around the same time as Sarah's. The village we're moving to is full of listed chocolate box cottages, which are so picturesque from the outside, but just don't fit my lifestyle or 6'4" husband.

Our new house might not have a fireplace, bay windows, or stained glass. But what our newer house lacks in character, it makes up for in practicality - it has a double garage, a lovely ensuite, and great open plan living space with bifold doors to the garden.

You can't make a new build look like a period property with strange paneling and a fake chimney breast - just embrace it for what it is!
The fake chimney breasts are hilarious as until recently every developer was ripping them out and putting support beams across the ceiling so they could open up the rooms in older properties to give the feeling and space of a new build.

She's got the massive granny sideboard unit , plus getting new built in shelves and cupboards! Wtf is she going to put in all these units? Her lovely 4 bed house is going to feel even more cramped than the MOD house! Didn't the MOD house have a chimney breast and the same cupboards and shelves either side? But she hated that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
She's got the massive granny sideboard unit , plus getting new built in shelves and cupboards! Wtf is she going to put in all these units? Her lovely 4 bed house is going to feel even more cramped than the MOD house! Didn't the MOD house have a chimney breast and the same cupboards and shelves either side? But she hated that 😂
Sarah just loves a storage unit. 🤣🤣🤣

Don't worry, I'm sure that she won't have any trouble shopping for tat to fill it all. 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Every aspect of this entire house move has been a farce. The fact that Sarah viewed the house once, on her own, it seemed like a rushed rash purchase. The manic moving in just before Christmas. The unnecessary manic painting & decorating at all hours of the day & night over Christmas when the house was perfectly fine the way it was, rushing around doing obscure work like DIY panelling and tiling that both look awful. It’s all just a huge big mess... I just don’t get it. And I really don’t understand how or why Rob just seems to go along with it, he’s like a pathetic dog. Does exactly what Sarah tells him. He’s a waste of space.
He looked so done on her stories last night

Reactions: 5
I hadn’t though that she was aspiring to decorate the house as if it was a period property.

If she was after a Victorian era house why not buy one? I don’t know what the housing market is like in the specific area she bought but I wonder why she so clearly rushed into the house purchase and the mad decorating.

Reactions: 1
I actually cannot believe where she is going with this decorating and styling. That furniture she is buying is hilarious, overpriced clunky old fashioned awfulness but what’s even more funny is.... it just not go with her style or how she has chosen to decorate.

the drawers in the bedroom. They look hideous. Not only does she need mental help, she needs decorating help. STAT.

carry on Sarah.Your Instagram is actually entertainment now.

So lachlan has been stuck in the house for ten days due to isolating, any normal parent would make a big deal out of getting to go out after 10 days stuck indoors. Well I would? I’d betaking them for a lovely walk & a hot choc stop or the park. No no not Sarah. Once he’s allowed back out he’s straight off to nursery. Poor kid honestly.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
Why!! Why have a fake fireplace in the middle of the house it’s on the wrong wall too. Surely if you’re going to build a fake fireplace you would have it on the opposite wall from the door like every traditional house generally has!

She’s such a bloody weirdo!

AD91675E-8109-4E65-A296-D755D0F88E2C.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Yep I’ve never seen a fireplace there Hun bun. I know it’s fake but how ridiculous. It should deffo be on the other wall.

Sarah logic.

Reactions: 10
I’m hoping she’s faking us and there IS a present for L, which she will put on her stories later.... fingers crossed anyway.

Reactions: 3
I’m hoping she’s faking us and there IS a present for L, which she will put on her stories later.... fingers crossed anyway.
Guess we have another few hours to wait until she can’t leave him there any longer 😬

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I can see Isla flashing her Lego present about but no mention of anything for poor little Lachlan.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.