Sarah & Josh (POG family)

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He didn't know that at the time and would have been better comforting her, she was clearly distressed, than shoving a camera in her face!
The camera was at the foot of the bed, it appeared close because while editing the video you could see the camera zoom in and out. I agree, it wasnt nice viewing, ultimately we are strangers on the www who are likely to have witnessed Sarahs last video. However, we dont know how many seizures Sarahs been having, she may have been having many.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
If Josh had or hadn't filmed, it would have made no difference to any outcome. Sarah was already likely having a brain bleed. Makes no difference.
Yes.
I wish the doctors alerted Josh to all the symptoms of brain swell; nausea, headaches, fatigue. She has had aphasia and it seems the focus was on a seizure. It makes me so angry. We hardly know anything about what the drs said but something was missing.

The camera was at the foot of the bed, it appeared close because while editing the video you could see the camera zoom in and out. I agree, it wasnt nice viewing, ultimately we are strangers on the www who are likely to have witnessed Sarahs last video. However, we dont know how many seizures Sarahs been having, she may have been having many.
I think someone else was operating the camera at the foot of the bed, hence the zooming in and out. You can hear their muffled breathing and fiddling with the camera if you listen with earbuds.
---
They knew the brain was swelling, and the Dr's told them it was caused by the cancer irritating the brain. Sarah had to come off the steroids to get further treatment, whether it was their choice, or the Dr's suggested it, there steroids stopped. I presume this meant more swelling more pressure on the brain. There really was no other good option. I don't think the doctors have hidden anything, the last set if scans showed how far the cancer had advanced.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Sorry I didn't mean literally shoved in her face but she must have been aware of it.

Reactions: 3
I do think the next update will be the worst news. Like yourself I hope she goes peacefuly.
---

I do think Josh sometimes seems more interested in filming Sarah than getting her medical help. He carried on filming her answering questions when she was clearly having a seizure and was distressed. Why didn't he call a doctor?
I feel very sorry for him about that video yesterday. I am certain he will beat himself up over it. So many things to learn from in this situation. 😓😓😓
---
If Josh had or hadn't filmed, it would have made no difference to any outcome. Sarah was already likely having a brain bleed. Makes no difference.
But, it does for us as a media consuming society. Sarah’s last hours might have been much sweeter perhaps if YouTube didn’t exist, and who knows what Josh will think of all this later on. Or the kids as they grown and lay eyes on that video. The whole thing just reeks. I’m telling you, I think our media sometimes does us more harm than good and needs to be handled with the utmost care…kind of like a loaded handgun, or something dangerous like that. Just heartsick for them😓😓😓
---
He didn't know that at the time and would have been better comforting her, she was clearly distressed, than shoving a camera in her face!
And again, the “toxic positivity” did them no good for end stage.. and I think filming for YouTube plays a big role in that. God bless Tiffany, every once in awhile she just let her emotions be real and that seemed like a really good thing. Positivity to the utmost… It probably helps in the initial and middle stages of disease, but there comes a point when the most loving thing to do is to take on a quality of time and life perspective which means accepting what is really happening.

Last edited:
I watched a video this morning from about 5 mos ago where Sarah spoke about how they just wanted to live their lives as usual and not worry about her prognosis. They made that conscious decision and maybe it worked for them.

Many of us think more thought should have been given about end of life but it wasn't important to them. If she passes away very soon at least she lived her life on her own terms.

I don't think Jenny Apple even knows her actual prognosis. She seems to just live in the clouds floating around the Disney castle like Tinkerbell.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I watched a video this morning from about 5 mos ago where Sarah spoke about how they just wanted to live their lives as usual and not worry about her prognosis. They made that conscious decision and maybe it worked for them.

Many of us think more thought should have been given about end of life but it wasn't important to them. If she passes away very soon at least she lived her life on her own terms.

I don't think Jenny Apple even knows her actual prognosis. She seems to just live in the clouds floating around the Disney castle like Tinkerbell.
I totally agree about Jenny.

Reactions: 3
Isn't that her living her life on her in terms? If it gets her through who is anyone else to say what is right or wrong? How different is that to Sarah?

Reactions: 9
Isn't that her living her life on her in terms? If it gets her through who is anyone else to say what is right or wrong? How different is that to Sarah?
You are correct. I just meant they are handling their Stage 4 differently. Sarah owned up to it and spoke about it and Jenny kinda just ignores it. Although in her last video she did say several times how glad she was to still be alive for Winnie's birthday.

Reactions: 4
You are correct. I just meant they are handling their Stage 4 differently. Sarah owned up to it and spoke about it and Jenny kinda just ignores it. Although in her last video she did say several times how glad she was to still be alive for Winnie's birthday.
I remember a few months back Jenny talking about if she only had couple of years left as though that was the worse case scenario. I thought at the time it will be a miracle if you make another 2 years.
But whatever gets her through the night.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Yeah there is no hand book, no rights or wrongs. Focus on it all the time = too negative, too morbid. Blank it out and try live for today = in denial, ignoring the obvious. Patients have to do what’s right for them. Whatever gets them through.
---
I remember a few months back Jenny talking about if she only had couple of years left as though that was the worse case scenario. I thought at the time it will be a miracle if you make another 2 years.
But whatever gets her through the night.
I watched an older video of Jenny’s over the weekend. In it she was emotional and quite shocked that a fellow NSCLC patient passed away. It prompted her and Kyle to go discuss her situation. Jenny said she was upset and explained why. She asked will that be her soon? Her oncologist told her it’s the reason regular bloods and scans are done. He also said he wasn’t a shy doctor and when the time is coming, he won’t shy away from telling Jenny and Kyle. He said he had a fair few treatments in mind and to not worry.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Yeah there is no hand book, no rights or wrongs. Focus on it all the time = too negative, too morbid. Blank it out and try live for today = in denial, ignoring the obvious. Patients have to do what’s right for them. Whatever gets them through.
---

I watched an older video of Jenny’s over the weekend. In it she was emotional and quite shocked that a fellow NSCLC patient passed away. It prompted her and Kyle to go discuss her situation. Jenny said she was upset and explained why. She asked will that be her soon? Her oncologist told her it’s the reason regular bloods and scans are done. He also said he wasn’t a shy doctor and when the time is coming, he won’t shy away from telling Jenny and Kyle. He said he had a fair few treatments in mind and to not worry.
I remember that. Unfortunately she has had a fair few treatments since then.

Not having an update from Josh for so long just reinforces the certainty that the next one might be devastating. Not knowing how much damage has already been caused by the bleed and swelling I hope they don't prolong her misery if it's significant.

Reactions: 6
I hope they choose hospice and don't put that poor woman thru any more pain with treatment.

How nice that he starts the message with his lack of sleep. He's not the hero he think he is.

Now they are going to transfer her to another hospital. I understand this is a nightmare for him but he is just not very bright.

Reactions: 2
Now they are going to transfer her to another hospital. I understand this is a nightmare for him but he is just not very bright.
He seems to be hoping she will wake up enough to tell him what to do. He also is relying on her sister for input. I will give him grace. He's in a horrible position right now.

Reactions: 9
After being transferred, the medical team at the new hospital will evaluate her. Perhaps they will determine that further treatment is not an option.