Sarah Everard

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you can kidnap and murder someone, you're probably capable of stealing a uniform/breaking a rule about not wearing a uniform.
Very true, I just mean that if it turns out he *was* in uniform, that points to being premeditated that he was going to murder her - no chance he would have let her go or 'just' exposed himself in a police uniform.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
I doubt he'd be in uniform - aren't police required to change out of uniform after their shift is finished? It's certainly the case in Scotland anyway.

Added to that, if for some reason he did have his uniform on, then that would point to complete pre-meditation to murder her wouldn't it?
I checked this with one of my friends who works for the MET. They advise you to leave your uniform at work and for safety reasons but no one actually stops you from taking it home...... so he could well have been wearing his uniform
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Absolutely. We always seem to say 'she' is someone's daughter/wife/ mother/sister, etc. As if a woman's value must be attached to someone else to give it any worth. What if 'she' isn't any of the former. It's seems her value as a woman would be considered pretty low 😔
I feel like, and anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but the same thing rarely happens when tragedy happens to men. "Imagine if it were your son/brother etc."

People say it like it makes them sound more empathetic but its an incredibly bizarre way to need to frame something.
 
  • Like
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
I was not trying to victim blame AT ALL. Sorry if that offended anyone or even came across that way, it’s just I saw conversations about why would she get into a car etc etc.
Ok I got you - sorry to jump on your comment in particular - it's more a general why are we doing this than just at you :)

It's just the whole conversation that everyone has in cases like these - why are we questioning every minute of her movements and not analysing every second of his instead - so frustrating

I used to live in Clapham - walked around there all the time - would have never walked home on my own past 11/12 but 9/9.30 I wouldn't have even given it a second thought - that's still so early and it's such a busy area.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 20
Not a criticism- but why is the uncle the spokesperson?
Has he officially spoken or just tweeted? I imagine the immediate family are distraught and probably can’t think of anything worse than speaking right now 😔
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
What I mean is - the parents are usually encouraged to speak - as the emotion might stir someone.
 
What I mean is - the parents are usually encouraged to speak - as the emotion might stir someone.
It seems like the case was well-publicised in the area, and since it is an adult woman I do think there's a bit of a difference. It seems like there's usually more child that when a child is abducted that they're alive, so the parents speaking is there to appeal to anyone who may know anything and the potential criminal. With an adult is different as sad as it is to say, there's a lot less sympathy and I think we can see that from comments in other places
 
  • Like
Reactions: 9
What I mean is - the parents are usually encouraged to speak - as the emotion might stir someone.
Probably incapable of doing anything apart from crying and being sick etc. That poor family will never be alright again, I feel so sorry for them. Hopefully he'll never be free ever again.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 23
Probably incapable of doing anything apart from crying and being sick etc. That poor family will never be alright again, I feel so sorry for them. Hopefully he'll never be free ever again.
Honestly, they will never ever recover from this. You will never get closure, there will always be questions, what ifs, nightmares, memories. There will always be so many trigger points, I just can't even imagine what the future will look like for them. It is so so so unfair, cruel and unexpected.
 
  • Like
  • Sad
Reactions: 29
I feel like, and anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but the same thing rarely happens when tragedy happens to men. "Imagine if it were your son/brother etc."

People say it like it makes them sound more empathetic but its an incredibly bizarre way to need to frame something.
Yep, because women's only worth is in their relationships and the only way men can empathise with them being human is to relate them to their own family (see 'as a father of daughters, I am outraged at...')
 
  • Like
Reactions: 20
Did she actually get into his car? I can’t see any news sources saying that
 
  • Like
Reactions: 1
She's always going to replay that night thinking "what if I'd told her to just stay here?" "I should have told her to call an Uber that I could have tracked" "she should have left 5 minutes earlier but I asked her a question on her way out and it held her up..."

I can't even imagine what would have gone through her mind for the minutes, hours and days waiting to hear something. Just so sad, I can't stop thinking about it all.
That would be going through my mind too. One of my best mates he used to live five minutes from town. After a night out he'd always say he is alright to walk home. But even as a guy I didn't like the idea of him even making that short walk alone after a night drinking in the dark in the early hours of Sunday morning so would make him pop in the taxi. It's for piece of mind just to be safe and this is male to male so I totally understand females it's far less safe.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 12
I can’t stop thinking about this poor girl. It’s consumed my thoughts all week 😞 Does anybody know when the cause of death and what actually happened will be public? Is it before the trial or only after/during?
 
  • Like
Reactions: 8
Did she actually get into his car? I can’t see any news sources saying that
The information is from The Sun so it's not really confirmed, as a lot of things aren't
PC Wayne Couzens, 48, was being held on suspicion of her abduction and murder and one line of inquiry is that he may have lured Sarah into his vehicle out of view of CCTV cameras.
I've done some simple Facebook sleuthing and I do feel for his wife and their families, her profile is being overrun with all sorts of comments by strangers. I know she may have had something to do with it but it's not confirmed, and even if she did it could be as small as giving him an alibi.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 3
I thi
I feel like, and anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but the same thing rarely happens when tragedy happens to men. "Imagine if it were your son/brother etc."

People say it like it makes them sound more empathetic but its an incredibly bizarre way to need to frame something.
I think this is a great misconception. Plenty of men / teenage men get stabbed/killed etc walking alone at night in London it’s not reported as much, normally classed as gang watergate or something. that’s my personal opinion. I do totally agree that many more women are targeted, and have to suffer and endure more than we do - unfortunately it’s the society and country we live in. When I lived in Australia, Sydney - walking around at night on your own always felt perfectly safe. Given this coppers age, I would prob suggest this isn’t his first victim and more will come out. I do wonder if he had stalked or targeted her though. Most likely.
 
  • Like
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.