Sarah Akwisombe #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't understand why businesses, albeit small ones, are gifting her their products 🤔

Olive & Pickle looks fab but seeing them support her in any capacity has turned my custom away.

And did she really get gifted a gold necklace?!

I get it, they want exposure but surely it's putting people off coming from Sarah Akwisombe!
So frustrating, i’ve been following Olive & Pickle for a little while and was going to be placing a couple of orders soon for birthdays. But I just cannot be giving custom to any business supporting her.
Have also been a long term customer of Veronica Dearly & someone mentioned on here that she was supporting Sarah the other day, that’ll be another no from now on! 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So frustrating, i’ve been following Olive & Pickle for a little while and was going to be placing a couple of orders soon for birthdays. But I just cannot be giving custom to any business supporting her.
Have also been a long term customer of Veronica Dearly & someone mentioned on here that she was supporting Sarah the other day, that’ll be another no from now on! 🙄
I think we need to work out a good way of actively telling those brands that their support of Sarah Akwisombe is costing them paid business.

Reactions: 3
I would approach the brands first before writing them off. Let’s not forget that she is very good at deleting content and comments so it could be under their radar. Yes they should be doing due diligence but let’s face it so should everyone who did smashing it. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Me included.

I very rarely saw SA’s grid posts only stories. I’m a small business and I’d hate to think people were avoiding me for something I knew nothing of.

Reactions: 4
I would approach the brands first before writing them off. Let’s not forget that she is very good at deleting content and comments so it could be under their radar. Yes they should be doing due diligence but let’s face it so should everyone who did smashing it. 🤦🏻‍♀️ Me included.

I very rarely saw SA’s grid posts only stories. I’m a small business and I’d hate to think people were avoiding me for something I knew nothing of.
That's a very good point, she could well be hoodwinking them and doing the classic Sarah Akwisombe misrepresentation. Plus, if they're all relatively small businesses, they could be absolutely flat out busy and not seen all this.

Do we have a list of the brands? Here's all the ones I know of that she has worked with in some capacity or other:

Dell
Vodafone
Habitat
Ebay
British Heart Foundation
Post Office Mortgages
Olive & Pickle

Who else?

Reactions: 2

True, though I feel like me going ‘Hi you supported this person & actually they’ve done XYZ, so you supporting her is condoning it, so i’m not going to buy from you’ is just going to make them tell me where to stick it haha!
Perhaps it’s a case of one or two people saying it won’t make a difference, but if it’s a fair few, then it might make them listen.

• Haha
Oh and set your alarms for 8pm Monday ladies!

Toss Tragic doing another IG Live, with special guests....

Time to get a few more questions in and screenshots of her reaction 😂😂😂

• Haha
That's a very good point, she could well be hoodwinking them and doing the classic Sarah Akwisombe misrepresentation. Plus, if they're all relatively small businesses, they could be absolutely flat out busy and not seen all this.

Do we have a list of the brands? Here's all the ones I know of that she has worked with in some capacity or other:

Dell
Vodafone
Habitat
Ebay
British Heart Foundation
Post Office Mortgages
Olive & Pickle

Who else?
Nike is another one

Reactions: 1
I think an Instagram account is the best way to do this. Tag them all and hashtag/tag her and her businesses so if anyone searches her the info will come up. Stay factual, and unemotional.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I think an Instagram account is the best way to do this. Tag them all and hashtag/tag her and her businesses so if anyone searches her the info will come up. Stay factual, and unemotional.
Excellent idea 👍

Just been on Socialblade and yesterday's little spike was shortlived 😂😂😂

Sarah Akwisombe back to usual and losing followers again. Good to see. IG is her primary source of new victims, so the more these numbers fall, the better.

Screenshot_20201211_102445.jpg

And the Google results feed when you search her name is now absolutely damming too - 4 of the top 7 results are links to negative content about her:

Screenshot_20201211_103118.jpg

Google News reveals 3 of the top 5 (and indeed the top 2!) news articles are negative ones about her:

Screenshot_20201211_103200.jpg

Hopefully this will help anyone doing their due diligence, either as a potential client or as a brand partner.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh my gosh, just noticed we're most of the way to Thread #8 😮😮😮😮

Link clicks to here from twitter posts linking to the articles are high too, and we've seen some new faces appearing in Thread #7, so a huge "Welcome and nice to meet you", even if we all wish the circumstances were nicer.

As we're now seeing more new people joining here for help and support getting refunds (and of course ensuring we do all we can to stop Sarah Akwisombe in her tracks and make sure she can never do anything like this again), is it worth a recap with all links to media coverage, where to make Small Claims Court claims, report to the ASA etc? Almost a "midpoint resource guide" if you like?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
If you tag them you are only bringing it to the attention of whoever looks after their social media who will not have clout. It needs to go to Corporate Affairs or Communication Depts, they will be called one or the other. In particular you need to find out who deals with brand partnerships & brand collaboration. The social media person who deals with tagged posts are likely to miss it & be so low on the food chain as well.

• Heart
If you tag them you are only bringing it to the attention of whoever looks after their social media who will not have clout. It needs to go to Corporate Affairs or Communication Depts, they will be called one or the other. In particular you need to find out who deals with brand partnerships & brand collaboration. The social media person who deals with tagged posts are likely to miss it & be so low on the food chain as well.
Excellent advice, thank you ❤

More for the list.

Absolutely loving the quality and quantity of great input from this thread.

I'd hate to be a contrepreneur like Akwisombe and having to deal with such an intelligent, articulate and clued up bunch. Good job I've got decent morals and therefore won't have that problem 😂

The tagging is more if people are searching the posts will come up rather than alerting the brands. That should be done by email.

Just send them the link to this thread...👍🏽
ThIs thread contains too much information & a lot of comments that would be classed as hearsay & come across as bitchy. A concise could of paragraphs would be better as it needs to look professional. By all means refer to tattle as part of the list of URL’s of the articles including the URL of the Sarah Akwisombe undelete part of the undelete website. When writing to brands, small claims, whatever it needs to be concise & crystal clear. One way of approaching these things is to think of the recipient as lazy & stupid & underpaid. I know that sounds rude but that is essentially the worse case scenario: That way something clearly written, concise with all URL’s meets their needs without them having to go digging & is more likely to be acted upon & referred to management for action.

ThIs thread contains too much information & a lot of comments that would be classed as hearsay & come across as bitchy. A concise could of paragraphs would be better as it needs to look professional. By all means refer to tattle as part of the list of URL’s of the articles including the URL of the Sarah Akwisombe undelete part of the undelete website. When writing to brands, small claims, whatever it needs to be concise & crystal clear. One way of approaching these things is to think of the recipient as lazy & stupid & underpaid. I know that sounds rude but that is essentially the worse case scenario: That way something clearly written, concise with all URL’s meets their needs without them having to go digging & is more likely to be acted upon & referred to management for action.
Apologies for typos ladies. I’m on my iPad & I’m very slow using the keyboard! I’m sure you get that could should read couple & ignore the delightful colon : Oops !

Nike is another one
Nike is her god !!!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
something clearly written, concise with all URL’s meets their needs without them having to go digging & is more likely to be acted upon & referred to management for action.
Excellent advice. Thank you. That's a job for this evening, then I'll proof it up here to make sure nothing is missing.

It'll also help new members here with lots of resources, information etc.

❤

• Heart
I think, aside the refunds which are obviously very important, that there is another angle to Sarah’s story, which is the misrepresentation of her financials to ultimately exploit women, some of whom were vulnerable, for her own financial gain, under this false pretend that she was making a million.

That was what brought me to this thread in the first place. The refunds are just the proof of her ill intent.

At least she won’t be making much money with her product business.
This! If I were running my business and wanted a mentor I'd be very inspired by a woman who had built her business from the ground up and made a million etc and would consider paying them for their advice/mentorship. The trouble is that it's bullshit, she didn't make a million, she said whatever she pleased that meant people would part with their cash and then she didn't give a flying duck about what happened next, she was onto finding new victims.

Literally a con-woman. Now she's in the woo woo tarot market, will duck a load of people over there and move on to something else. Must have quite a brass neck to live your life like that and not feel guilty.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.