Sarah Akwisombe #2 The money is scamming & Llewelyn Davies

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree. That’s why I liked her to start with she had a style no one else had and had the courage to go with it without caring what others thought. Definitely qualify or do more designing and give up the courses and teaching/couching. She won’t though as she knows where the money is. At least this has been a massive learning curve for her and that being too cocky all of the time will bite you in the bum... remember when her sister bought her gifts to bring her back down to earth and think about humble beginnings. That was funny. I wonder if her close family and friends have been hinting and telling her what was going on and what she was doing wasn’t right? In all of this though I wonder why her husband didn’t pick any of this up? I know mine would have quickly said that’s a bad idea but then again money does crazy things to people.

Reactions: 3
I know she thinks we are all fuckers on here but Sarah Is very stylish she’s got a unique style and doesn’t just wear bleeping beige griege that all other influencers are wearing and I LOVE her interior stuff of the past she should go back to studying and finish interior design qualifications and stop trying to make a quick buck , actually put her head down and qualify in something .
I think Sarah is just a lot of what’s gone wrong with the Instasham lifestyle. She did have a modicum of talent with true interior stuff which certainly put her on the map considerably more then her music and blogging career. But then I think when the brands started throwing in the free stuff, and the sponsored ads started rolling in, she became seen as the sort of instagram aspirational lifestyle. She hugely capitalised on it all and as has being said, became the jack of all trades, but the master of none. This is why LD was able to work his way in so easily and effectively take whatever she has built up so easily, because a lot of it was just hot air. That’s just my opinion anyway!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
YES these Instagram influencers end up thinking they are famous and have hit the big time and somehow don’t need to worry about doing a normal job ever again , when in reality it’s a fickle transient thing that doesn’t equate to real long term wealth or fame unless you are very savvy and actually have a business . They think they can have all the benefits of fame and non of the tit and expect to be untouchable in terms of tax etc or criticism . Her going on about people in 9-5 jobs illustrates how she feels about people doing boring jobs and she somehow felt she was a cut above all that . There’s people in 9-5 jobs that she can only dream of having as much experience as.

I honestly think this is why tattle exists these days people are sick of being told they are losers or not worthwhile if they aren’t famous or extra special , what’s wrong with doing a normal job ? Why as a society are we putting these influencers on a pedestal .

• Heart
Reactions: 15
On this one - I found the original posts and see she said it was in May. I don't recognise her from SI (though it was a big group) and SI didn't start until the end of July with in-person stuff in September so this will be some other poor sod who has had the misfortune of meeting him in person.

View attachment 268881

I cropped these so the poster can remain anon but surely she’s talking about the smashing it event?

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Some of those people are LD clients, some his brother's.

And people probably aren't naming directly because they are frightened of them. It's been documented that they have made barely veiled threats towards people who cross them, and any client has probably handed over their address.
Good point, I wouldn’t fancy him knocking on my door!!

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Well isn’t this just Croydon’s very own fyre fest?! I’ve heard Grazia are picking this up as part of a bigger piece on ‘fake gurus’

strange that Sarah’s motto was “under promise over deliver”, seems the opposite was true

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
YES these Instagram influencers end up thinking they are famous and have hit the big time and somehow don’t need to worry about doing a normal job ever again , when in reality it’s a fickle transient thing that doesn’t equate to real long term wealth or fame unless you are very savvy and actually have a business . They think they can have all the benefits of fame and non of the tit and expect to be untouchable in terms of tax etc or criticism . Her going on about people in 9-5 jobs illustrates how she feels about people doing boring jobs and she somehow felt she was a cut above all that . There’s people in 9-5 jobs that she can only dream of having as much experience as.

I honestly think this is why tattle exists these days people are sick of being told they are losers or not worthwhile if they aren’t famous or extra special , what’s wrong with doing a normal job ? Why as a society are we putting these influencers on a pedestal .
Very true. I found tattle when the whole MOD thing was going on after a week of having social media break because I was letting ‘influencers’ have a real impact on my mental health and feeling inadequate but also fed up of the tit they get away with... I was so happy to find a place where others could say what they really think and pull them up about things instead of just letting them get away with it. Yes tattle could be hard to swallow if you’re On the other side of it but these influencers are advertising products and selling a lifestyle. I see it other businesses have trustpilot and other reviews sites then why can’t these influencers selling us products also have a review site which at the moment is tattle basically. So most of us are not trolls we are customers giving our honest reviews. They should be happy they have insight to what people really think so they can improve their influencing business for their customers (us)!

Very true. I found tattle when the whole MOD thing was going on after a week of having social media break because I was letting ‘influencers’ have a real impact on my mental health and feeling inadequate but also fed up of the tit they get away with... I was so happy to find a place where others could say what they really think and pull them up about things instead of just letting them get away with it. Yes tattle could be hard to swallow if you’re On the other side of it but these influencers are advertising products and selling a lifestyle. I see it other businesses have trustpilot and other reviews sites then why can’t these influencers selling us products also have a review site which at the moment is tattle basically. So most of us are not trolls we are customers giving our honest reviews. They should be happy they have insight to what people really think so they can improve their influencing business for their customers (us)!
To be honest I would prefer to give my reviews through their comments as myself but we know what happens there we would get shot down or deleted... so most of us have had to come here.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
There are comments in the SI group essentially asking S to take responsibility for exposing us all to LD. Won’t screenshot and post them here, but it would seem others in the group are still apprehensive about also saying anything, perhaps due to refunds still not having been rcd, or out of fear from repercussion 🙃 or they can’t be arsed anymore, I know i’m tired of it all!

Reactions: 7
There are comments in the SI group essentially asking S to take responsibility for exposing us all to LD. Won’t screenshot and post them here, but it would seem others in the group are still apprehensive about also saying anything, perhaps due to refunds still not having been rcd, or out of fear from repercussion 🙃 or they can’t be arsed anymore, I know i’m tired of it all!
See this is the issue I have, SA is happy to call anyone commenting on her feed / tattle a troll because they want to do so anonymously - but it’s ok for her and her buddies to not name LD 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 8
They won’t speak out because Sarah is the influencer and they are hoping if they suck up and shut up she’ll be besties with them on social media and share their businesses on her platform. That’s what happens she’s exactly what she speaks down about but suits her when she’s the top dog who controls her tribe through manipulation and fear!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I fit all of the above descriptions!

Same here. Horrible cycle because she’ll keep getting away with it and won’t take responsibility
I have a large following on insta and a reputable biz and no way is that getting tarnished! I don't meant that to sound as it might come across, what I mean is I've spent a long time working hard to get to this point and am very protective of it all. I'm so tired by all this mess and the influencer tit in general to be honest

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Same here. Horrible cycle because she’ll keep getting away with it and won’t take responsibility
Yup!

Don’t get me wrong, I can see others have posted about BA refunds being received. But has anyone who asked for a refund for any of SI got it yet? Or the month 3 that was ‘partially delivered’ that we were all promised a refund for? Cause I still have nothing pending on my account & credit card company couldn’t see anything either.

I have a large following on insta and a reputable biz and no way is that getting tarnished!
Also can I just say I love your username 🤣

• Sad
Reactions: 2

Are there? good. I left the group because the cult vibes were doing my head in.

Reactions: 5
I have a large following on insta and a reputable biz and no way is that getting tarnished! I don't meant that to sound as it might come across, what I mean is I've spent a long time working hard to get to this point and am very protective of it all. I'm so tired by all this mess and the influencer tit in general to be honest
Exactly, this! But then I think those with large followings are the best to speak up about this but can totally understand why you wouldn’t as you said.

Exactly, this! But then I think those with large followings are the best to speak up about this but can totally understand why you wouldn’t as you said.
I do go back and forth about it all, partly why I am so knackered as I think about all this kind of stuff a lot. I have basically built my business on the platform, but have started to hate what the platform has become (narcissism, influencers, and dont even get me started on instamum stuff although that seems to be dying out a bit,etc). I am conflicted about it all, if I speak up I am not sure I am resilient enough to cope with any backlash and confrontation - in my old age, well in instagram years anyway, I can't be arsed with drama anymore.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.