Sarah Akwisombe #12 Shaman, charlatan or chugger? It's Sarah! The Croydon Mugger!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This doesn’t surprise me. She obviously burned a lot of bridges in the interiors industry and within the Instagram circles she hates so much (but that’s how she makes her living). That’s why she’s aligning herself with random woo people.
I was at an interiors thing a few years ago that she set up and she was pretty sniffy with most people including me. Not that it bothered me I met loads of nice people but her attitude was pretty crap. She ignored most except 2Lg and at that time, mad about the house and sophie Robinson (because she was off the telly I’d guess!)

she doesn’t really have the focus or concentration to stick at anything for long does she. The chess thing didn’t last long, the interiors, the coaching, the music, the woo woo. How her and Jason have been together so long is baffling frankly.

Reactions: 7
I was at an interiors thing a few years ago that she set up and she was pretty sniffy with most people including me. Not that it bothered me I met loads of nice people but her attitude was pretty crap. She ignored most except 2Lg and at that time, mad about the house and sophie Robinson (because she was off the telly I’d guess!)

she doesn’t really have the focus or concentration to stick at anything for long does she. The chess thing didn’t last long, the interiors, the coaching, the music, the woo woo. How her and Jason have been together so long is baffling frankly.
She seems to burn her bridges everywhere.
I did two small decorating jobs for her and she didn’t even shake my hand when she met me or call afterwards to thank me.
She’s just a user…

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
That story page where she finds the person unbelievable who is now requesting a refund truly shows her insane level of arrogance, refusal to accept ANY responsibility or to do right by her paying customers. She’s a lost cause, a true narcissist and clearly cares about nothing other than her self and her self image.

Agree she’s posting that in a shaming, intimidating way. WELL SARAH, IT’S YOU WHO SHOULD BE ASHAMED. You led these people on and under delivered, as you admitted yourself. The courts rule you did, that’s the end of it.

Love all these new names popping up with real world info about her shady and unprofessional behaviour. More please! And she’s still trying to align herself as pals with 2LG, hopefully they see her for what she is and keep the hell away.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
That story page where she finds the person unbelievable who is now requesting a refund truly shows her insane level of arrogance, refusal to accept ANY responsibility or to do right by her paying customers. She’s a lost cause, a true narcissist and clearly cares about nothing other than her self and her self image.

Agree she’s posting that in a shaming, intimidating way. WELL SARAH, IT’S YOU WHO SHOULD BE ASHAMED. You led these people on and under delivered, as you admitted yourself. The courts rule you did, that’s the end of it.

Love all these new names popping up with real world info about her shady and unprofessional behaviour. More please! And she’s still trying to align herself as pals with 2LG, hopefully they see her for what she is and keep the hell away.
Yes the absolute cheek of her. But everyone else is wrong of course.

Reactions: 3
Have just watched the Bad influencer on BBC I player. Wow uncanny parallels between Belle Gibson and Sarah Akwisombe in terms of character

Reactions: 6
Here's a question... Why would anyone pay a verified conwoman for "coaching" when she's losing followers at a rate of knots, when her scam is exposed, 12 media articles about her so far, and tens of thousands of pounds worth of court cases against her in process?

She’s also teaming up with another “coach” for the next one
I’m surprised anyone still wants to be associated with her
We need to ensure that these people don’t rip anymore people off. We need to report them to whoever can shut them down.

Attachments

Reactions: 3
Interesting to see the interiors thing start to crop up with Sarah as that's how I came across her many years ago in her previous life as a "designer". She latched herself onto anyone who could give her a hand up and in all honesty, the interior huns on instagram are so cliquey that she knew the only way to get a foothold and bullshit her way into the industry was by feeding off them.
It may be an unpopular opinion with some readers but as somebody who knows most of the people being mentioned in the interiors world I can confirm that at times it's completely and utterly bleeping toxic. It's mainly dominated by women (or gay men ....stereotype much?) and they are some of the bitchiest, nastiest people I've ever come across. In a room together they kiss each others arses and show 'support' in the spirit of women supporting women. They look down on newcomers and often snub them. But behind the scenes they witch and insult their so called 'friends'.
Most are so far up their own arses its painful to watch. They all believe they're the best at what they do and walk around like they're curing bleeping cancer or something!
That whole world has become rife with people who are seeking one thing, and one thing only....Fame and Fortune. And instagram has created that for many. They don't care who they trample on or how they achieve it. Very few people touting themselves as designers have actually got the credentials to back it up. Most are self taught and winging in the spirit of 'fake it till you make it'. It's a load of bollocky-wank-shite and it infuriates me!
The industry is now saturated with 'wannabes'. If you haven't written and interiors book, done tonnes of brand collaborations and have your own podcast then who even are you in interior design?
Sarah Akwisombe had a perfect fit in the industry but as others have pointed out, she burnt her bridges with those that are perceived to be important.
I know she's still friends with 2LG but seriously, don't be fooled by their 'making living lovely' bollocks. I've stood with them and listened to them slagging so many people off in the industry before behind their backs. At the core of these two is a deep rooted desire to be famous come hell or high water and they've trampled on and used many others to get there. Thats why Sarah's still friends with them. We'll see what their Changing Rooms debut brings...
Mad About The House appears to know what she's talking about - successful newspaper column, several books, podcast blah blah bleeping blah. She's as stuck up as they come and in reality I think she's been winging it for a long time and it's her following that basically keeps her afloat. She disects the interiors industry to make it easier for people to understand but is most definitely not an interior designer and has no training or accreditation to back up what she knows. It's just regurgitated tit you can find anywhere and lots of her oh so important opinions on everything. Stick a cork in it for once!
Pink House Living has a reputation for snubbing people at events and only speaking to those in her clique. Her instagram reveals as much. I once witnessed her followers wade in on somebody who highlighted the fact that she seemed to have a lot of #gifted content in her sons room she'd recently decorated. Sarah Akwisombe actually commented telling the women to "go calm down and have a cup of tea dear as it's got nothing to do with you"..... Who the duck actually only decorates exclusively in pink? Her house looks ridiculous and her I feel for her long suffering husband for putting up with her.
Collectively they're a bunch of passive aggressive cunts who, much like their interiors, put on a pretty facade but in reality they're just basic witches with very little actual talent.
Rant Over.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
Interesting to see the interiors thing start to crop up with Sarah as that's how I came across her many years ago in her previous life as a "designer". She latched herself onto anyone who could give her a hand up and in all honesty, the interior huns on instagram are so cliquey that she knew the only way to get a foothold and bullshit her way into the industry was by feeding off them.
It may be an unpopular opinion with some readers but as somebody who knows most of the people being mentioned in the interiors world I can confirm that at times it's completely and utterly bleeping toxic. It's mainly dominated by women (or gay men ....stereotype much?) and they are some of the bitchiest, nastiest people I've ever come across. In a room together they kiss each others arses and show 'support' in the spirit of women supporting women. They look down on newcomers and often snub them. But behind the scenes they witch and insult their so called 'friends'.
Most are so far up their own arses its painful to watch. They all believe they're the best at what they do and walk around like they're curing bleeping cancer or something!
That whole world has become rife with people who are seeking one thing, and one thing only....Fame and Fortune. And instagram has created that for many. They don't care who they trample on or how they achieve it. Very few people touting themselves as designers have actually got the credentials to back it up. Most are self taught and winging in the spirit of 'fake it till you make it'. It's a load of bollocky-wank-shite and it infuriates me!
The industry is now saturated with 'wannabes'. If you haven't written and interiors book, done tonnes of brand collaborations and have your own podcast then who even are you in interior design?
Sarah Akwisombe had a perfect fit in the industry but as others have pointed out, she burnt her bridges with those that are perceived to be important.
I know she's still friends with 2LG but seriously, don't be fooled by their 'making living lovely' bollocks. I've stood with them and listened to them slagging so many people off in the industry before behind their backs. At the core of these two is a deep rooted desire to be famous come hell or high water and they've trampled on and used many others to get there. Thats why Sarah's still friends with them. We'll see what their Changing Rooms debut brings...
Mad About The House appears to know what she's talking about - successful newspaper column, several books, podcast blah blah bleeping blah. She's as stuck up as they come and in reality I think she's been winging it for a long time and it's her following that basically keeps her afloat. She disects the interiors industry to make it easier for people to understand but is most definitely not an interior designer and has no training or accreditation to back up what she knows. It's just regurgitated tit you can find anywhere and lots of her oh so important opinions on everything. Stick a cork in it for once!
Pink House Living has a reputation for snubbing people at events and only speaking to those in her clique. Her instagram reveals as much. I once witnessed her followers wade in on somebody who highlighted the fact that she seemed to have a lot of #gifted content in her sons room she'd recently decorated. Sarah Akwisombe actually commented telling the women to "go calm down and have a cup of tea dear as it's got nothing to do with you"..... Who the duck actually only decorates exclusively in pink? Her house looks ridiculous and her I feel for her long suffering husband for putting up with her.
Collectively they're a bunch of passive aggressive cunts who, much like their interiors, put on a pretty facade but in reality they're just basic witches with very little actual talent.
Rant Over.
Best rant ofthe thread. Thank you!!🧡👍🏽

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
Rant Over.
I’m into interiors (but I’m not in the industry) and I agree with your assessment. I see very little talent and originality, all done for the gram and the paid partnerships, and their houses are full of tat. I know a couple of those interior influencers personally and it’s a very bitchy world

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Have just watched the Bad influencer on BBC I player. Wow uncanny parallels between Belle Gibson and Sarah Akwisombe in terms of character
The attention seeking, delusions and telling so many lies they don’t know what’s fact from fiction any more are very much like Sarah Akwisombe.

It’s frightening

She’s also teaming up with another “coach” for the next one
I’m surprised anyone still wants to be associated with her
Someone hasn’t done their homework 🤦‍♂️

Here's a question... Why would anyone pay a verified conwoman for "coaching" when she's losing followers at a rate of knots, when her scam is exposed, 12 media articles about her so far, and tens of thousands of pounds worth of court cases against her in process?

We need to ensure that these people don’t rip anymore people off. We need to report them to whoever can shut them down.
She’s been reported multiple times and court cases are dropping, what else can we do?

I can’t believe the sheer audacity of what she’s up to now

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Ah pink house living the one with the swing 🤮🤮 yes the interiors scene on Instagram etc is toxic as hell .

Reactions: 4
Ah pink house living the one with the swing 🤮🤮 yes the interiors scene on Instagram etc is toxic as hell .
She has her own thread on here somewhere.....You know you've 'made' it when your name starts cropping up on tattle and that leads to your very own thread 🤣 The whole interiors influencer culture is just so incredibly tiresome.
Again, this may be an unpopular opinion with some readers but if you look closely there's a golden thread which seems to run through all of the interior huns on instagram and their picture perfect homes. And it starts and finishes with their husbands and the rather well paid jobs they have.
Most of them wouldn't have tit if it wasn't for the fact that hubby is out working his bollocks off 7 days a week to pay for it all. Many (not all) try to dress their careers in interiors up as being a raging success with their independent woman narrative and their constant moaning about their children and husbands in a "oh it's just a joke, aren't I funny" tone. The whole industry bleeping reeks of privilege!
And that's why it always surprised me when Sarah Akwisombe moved away from it because it always seemed to have such a great fit where her moral and ethical compass is concerned.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Oh completely so privileged .. who the hell can afford to decorate to the levels they do time
wise unless someome
In the house is bringing home the big bucks . I’ve always respected people who
Do it on a Low budget and have style rather than just money to throw at things .

Reactions: 5
I was actually starting to feel a little bit sorry for her until I read this.

Awful woman.
Don’t ever feel sorry for her. That woman never ceases to amaze how low she can stoop. She has even got her daughter to send aggressive verbal messages to her “ haters “ on IG Stories on her behalf. How awful is that to drag your young daughter into the 💩show which is of your making!

Rant Over.
I am also from the Interiors industry and can totally agree with what you are saying.
When I started out I contacted some of the people mentioned, including SA, and got absolutely no help or advice from these people in how to start up in this difficult industry. Now that I am successful, by working my butt off to get there without any connections, advice or help ( financial or otherwise ) I ALWAYS respond to emails from people now asking me for advice in how to break into the interiors industry.
I don’t have these types of connections within the industry because of the arrogance, bitchiness and absolutely no desire to help others when they start out.
SA was the right fit for those people mentioned, but as far as I can see, most have cut her off now as don’t want her name to drag them down.

She has her own thread on here somewhere.....You know you've 'made' it when your name starts cropping up on tattle and that leads to your very own thread 🤣 The whole interiors influencer culture is just so incredibly tiresome.
Again, this may be an unpopular opinion with some readers but if you look closely there's a golden thread which seems to run through all of the interior huns on instagram and their picture perfect homes. And it starts and finishes with their husbands and the rather well paid jobs they have.
Most of them wouldn't have tit if it wasn't for the fact that hubby is out working his bollocks off 7 days a week to pay for it all. Many (not all) try to dress their careers in interiors up as being a raging success with their independent woman narrative and their constant moaning about their children and husbands in a "oh it's just a joke, aren't I funny" tone. The whole industry bleeping reeks of privilege!
And that's why it always surprised me when Sarah Akwisombe moved away from it because it always seemed to have such a great fit where her moral and ethical compass is concerned.
I’m one of the good guys in Interiors. Worked hard to get where I am, and help people on all incomes. Plus I’m a nice person 😉

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Don’t ever feel sorry for her. That woman never ceases to amaze how low she can stoop. She has even got her daughter to send aggressive verbal messages to her “ haters “ on IG Stories on her behalf. How awful is that to drag your young daughter into the 💩show which is of your making!

I am also from the Interiors industry and can totally agree with what you are saying.
When I started out I contacted some of the people mentioned, including SA, and got absolutely no help or advice from these people in how to start up in this difficult industry. Now that I am successful, by working my butt off to get there without any connections, advice or help ( financial or otherwise ) I ALWAYS respond to emails from people now asking me for advice in how to break into the interiors industry.
I don’t have these types of connections within the industry because of the arrogance, bitchiness and absolutely no desire to help others when they start out.
SA was the right fit for those people mentioned, but as far as I can see, most have cut her off now as don’t want her name to drag them down.

I’m one of the good guys in Interiors. Worked hard to get where I am, and help people on all incomes. Plus I’m a nice person 😉
Most definitely wasn't a catch all when referring to the industry and I know there are some great people I've previously worked with who are bucking the trend and making it more accessible and less exclusive :)
It's people like the ones I named who just add stigma to the industry in the way they act and treat others. Such a bleeping cliche! And that seems to be why Sarah chose it as her profession of choice for all of about 5 minutes.
I once worked on a campaign with a big brand which Sarah was also working on. I made some suggestions to said brand about how I was planning to approach the work and in turn they set that as the standard for all. She then contacted me on social media and in her usual passive aggressive manner said thanks as that meant she now had more work to do. bleeping cheek from the lazy cow!
I take great pride in what I do and always give 110%. Sarah on the other hand wants minimum input and maximum return. She just doesn't want to put the effort in that's required in spite of all her #bossbabe bullshit. At the heart of it she's fundamentally lazy and always looking for the next way to make a quick buck. Hence why she never lasts that long at anything before she moves on. Her life is one long reinvention. I mean I'm all for the portfolio career but she takes it to another level! And leaves a trail of tit wherever she goes.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.