Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

square_spoon

VIP Member
Yes, and she got the ‘lite’ version which is travel-friendly and can be packed away in its travel pouch for easy transportation. Perfect for travelling between many homes or if you’re of no fixed abode. I’ve never heard of anyone having a travel high-chair 😂

Also very disappointed in Smyths giving away freebies to ‘influencers’ when there are deserving parents out there who can’t afford such items for their little ones.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

brandambassador

VIP Member
Hi Sandy. I’ve mentioned before my mam and Colms mam are friends. Your story about last Christmas is lies as you well know! Firstly do you remember you got covid again ? You weren’t in Colms house as he was still with family number 1 - you were with Mammy & your brothers & sharing the Moet Christmas sale price as usual. Whatever fantasy land in your head you’re rewriting - don’t expect people not to call you out on it. You contributed with colm to breaking up a family & there is no way to romanticise that.

Reactions: 22

square_spoon

VIP Member
Christ that's traumatic. I thought Sarah burkes thread was bad. This is just as crazy.
I feel like Burke and Sandy are two sides of the same coin, separated only by the River Lee and too many elocution lessons for the latter 🤣

I kinda get why she doesn’t want to show Chazza’s face in a way but why bother showing her at all. Like here is my faceless baby - collabs and freebies and PR tat welcome 🤮 Would remind you of a certain Ms Burke wouldn’t it? Let’s not mention the war Sweet King 🤣 Besides, if anyone was actually bothered what Chazza looked like, which we’re not, keeping an eye out for the only baby in the city dressed like they survived the Titanic would identify her to your naked eye. Sandy seems to think she’s better than the likes of the Saccone-Jolys who utilise their kids on social media for clout/free stuff because she doesn’t show the baby’s face….when really she is doing the same thing.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

Jovani

I don’t remember her being so concerned about “building up, not tearing down other women” when she was jumping into bed/car with another woman’s husband/fiancée/whatever they were. And yes, the onus should absolutely be on the person who is attached and cheats, but in my opinion, it really shows the calibre of someone when they’re willing to go off with someone else’s partner.

• Heart
Reactions: 19

topofthemiddle

Anyone have premium to screen shot the full story?!
Who are you not going to see this Christmas? For the last couple of years, a lot of us had the noble excuse of public health to shield us from the awkwardness of turning down invites for drinks and dinners.

This year, it seems that, whether I like it or not, my festive outings will be just as few and far between as they were in the dark days of those “meaningful” Christmases. But my excuse this year is a little less noble. Perhaps it’s an unsavoury thing to say in a season that takes a hard line against Scroogery, but I simply can’t afford much more than one big night out this year.

The cost-of-living crisis is biting hard, no more than it is for everyone else I’m sure. With every twinkle of the tree, it’s like I can physically feel my government electricity credit drip to complete depletion. It has emerged that even the North Pole is not insulated from inflation. And who among us didn’t feel our eyes water when we realised that this year, of all years, December yawns out over an incredibly lengthy FIVE weekends. A lot of people’s paycheques simply will not.

So what used to be ‘quality time’ seems to have become premium time in 2022. As I conduct the most awkward of audits, trying to decide which of my friends I can afford to see this year, I have become very conscious of the parallel world that I’m seeing on my phone.

I find it difficult, as I tap from one opulent event to another, to not start to feel that these saleswomen I loved, trusted and followed are starting to look a little bit like blow-dried aristocrats
I’m a big fan of influencers, because they promote what I see as a pretty mutually beneficial kind of marketing. For years, I have consciously put more faith in the things that are sold to me by social-media stars that I trust than I have in traditional marketing. This is because I can customise the Instagram advertising I see to me. On my feed, I’m marketed to by someone who is the same size as me, or has the same kind of skin as me, or likes the same kinds of clothes as me. In some cases, I’ve even curated my feed to include influencers who share the same social and political values as me. The world of Irish influencing is often derided, but I think that’s a pretty ignorant way to talk about such a booming industry. Everything from cars to fertility treatments have — rightly or wrongly — been sold via Irish Instagram influencers. But I am starting to believe that one of the boomiest industries in Ireland could be veering toward bust, unless it changes its tone.
The art of any kind of advertising is straddling a sense of aspirational luxury but realistic achievability at the same time. Maybe before, a lot of us could potentially see ourselves within the glam Instagram stories of these women, could maybe even imagine ourselves unspooling our own tamed tresses from one of those €500 hairdryers. But now, it seems that barely a week passes without us plebs sitting po-faced and watching as the people who are trying to sell us things do so while they are wined, dined and doted on by brands, broadcasting from any number of the interchangeable Dublin private-dining venues that seem to have been exclusively decorated for luxe girlies to take pictures of themselves in. Glamour is a spectacle, and one that I’ve always found enjoyable to look at. The problem, I think, is that the economic climate for those of us who consume Instagram influencing has changed dramatically, but the tone and tenor of the marketing itself has failed to. The luxury that we see on our feeds is now way beyond the means of most ordinary people, which makes the world of Irish influencing feel very stale indeed. I find it difficult, as I tap from one opulent event to another, to not start to feel that these saleswomen I loved, trusted and followed are starting to look a little bit like blow-dried aristocrats.

Some may say that this is just sour grapes from someone working in an industry which used to have a monopoly on cosy hobnobbing. It is indeed true that fancy press events used to be reserved for, well, the press; but at least the traditional media made more of an effort to not rub the shmoozing quite so roughly in the reader’s face.

I don’t have the kind of job that lets me benefit from a lot of fancy press trips and events, but I know that for colleagues that do, the extravagance and excess of it is often almost a source of shame. So, traditionally, a reader would hear about the perceived merits of this lipstick or that cream, but you wouldn’t also have to endure hearing about what a fabulous time the journalist had trying it on over free fizz in The Ivy.

Social-media marketing would have always been ahead of the times, but now it seems it’s stalling and failing to move with it. Even now, in the midst of an annual Christmas consumerist jamboree, you’ll note that traditional advertising from big brands has veered more toward the budget than the luxe this year. So Instagram brands and influencers need to think again about the tone they take with a cash-strapped audience. Glamour and luxe is fine for those who get it for free, but the rest of us are not buying it.

Reactions: 18

square_spoon

VIP Member
EAF1A34C-CBBF-4C59-A24A-66E6EE11697E.jpeg

My mind read this as ‘Are you completely exclusively bf and gf…?’ and I haven’t stopped laughing since 🤣🤣🤣😘

• Haha

MollyMalone

VIP Member
Watch out tattle bitches, Sandy is at the cop shop and is making sure we all know about it 😂 what a sad little life

• Haha

brandambassador

VIP Member
She was absolutely not out for dinner with him last Xmas eve. They were fighting mad the whole place knows the baby news rocked him. She didn’t show up in public with him until Paddy’s day at 5 months preg! Her announcement was done alone. By ‘us’ and dinner she’s referring to Mammy but of course won’t say it!

• Haha
  • Wow

nasa5

VIP Member
So you’re only entitled to an opinion if it’s positive or if you are Sandra herself? How could anyone think they’re above criticism? I don’t look here often but when I do it’s only ever people criticising the whole home wrecking scandal which I’d say is her main issue, it doesn’t align with the type of person she thinks she is. I’m sure the ex of her fella would consider her in the 1-2%.. also how about in real life? Presuming she knows people also have opinions outside of tattle, would she like to bug everyone’s house and workplace? The tv analogy goes both ways, she’s the choice to simply never look here or she’s also the choice to leave social media as a public figure and have a private account with just friends and family. Oh but no then she couldn’t flog shit, we have to take her opinion verbatim but don’t dare give one back. Ridiculous

• Heart
Reactions: 17

I got up at 5am

VIP Member
I’m sure the ex is very hurt by all of this but in the long term she’s better off without him. I hope she realizes this and makes 2023 her year. She’s also lucky to be rid of this wan…⬇
Aileen is a very sick person. There is something so woeful when 2 women over 40 are at this shit. Both mothers. They think gossip is mentally ill but that is ok. I don’t think so

• Heart

mygoodgod

VIP Member
Aileen seems to be the biggest shit stirrer ever. Colms father had 2 children through an extra marital affair so it seems to run in that family. Did aileen ever welcome them into the family on social media. I hope her husband doesn't carry on like colm and her father in law . Rachel is well rid of that shower of cheaters and that's for sure.

• Heart

square_spoon

VIP Member
Notice how they’re piling on us saying we’re sick, mentally unwell and….according to Sandra….bitches. Hardly the type of anti-bullying behaviour you’re preaching from your ivory towers there gals 🙄😇

• Heart
Randy’s modus operandi seems to be to consistently gas light Colm’s ex. And then when she gets called out on her behavior (here) she pulls the victim card and everyone else is sick and mentally ill.

There’s only one sick person in this whole situation and that’s Randy herself…
Off topic, but something like this is happening in my own life. And only for this post I would never have put it that way or being able to explain it. Thank you 🫶

• Heart
Reactions: 16

MrsBouvier

Chatty Member
I dare someone to comment “Happy new year to you, Charlotte, Colm and Colm’s other family that you helped destroy”

Rachel, if you’re reading this then you might like to do the honours.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16