Samantha Maria/BeautyCrush - New Year, New Hair, Same BS

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Lmao are people expecting Sam to become a freedom fighter or something? She is a visibly mixed race woman who grew up with predominately white people and no stable black family influences in her life. She grew up hating the hair that grows out of her head and only really identifying with white people and white culture, despite the fact that being visibly non white in the UK means you will forever be somewhat ostracised and will never fully fit in with white people. This is partially and potentially even the main cause of her very low self esteem and emotional and mental issues she's dealt with most of her life. Sam very clearly lived in a bubble, as most people with childhood trauma and emotional neglect tend to do and just went through life struggling but unable to identify the causes of her issues. She herself has admitted she was very ignorant about a lot of things with race, ethnicity, and her own identity. This year she had the major shake up of the breakdown of her marriage, a global pandemic and a movement about black racial justice that took the world by storm. The fact that all of these things have allowed her to explore her identity, grapple with her issues and to try and make sense of them is .... fine? In what universe could that constitute as virtue signalling? She isn't suddenly writing a book about Black Lives Matter or launching a T-Shirt line? I can't imagine how her posting about injustices on her ig stories is bad or 'armchair activism'. Spreading awareness to her 1000's of followers, some who (like herself not too long ago) might have been totally unaware of a lot of this stuff.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Lmao are people expecting Sam to become a freedom fighter or something? She is a visibly mixed race woman who grew up with predominately white people and no stable black family influences in her life. She grew up hating the hair that grows out of her head and only really identifying with white people and white culture, despite the fact that being visibly non white in the UK means you will forever be somewhat ostracised and will never fully fit in with white people. This is partially and potentially even the main cause of her very low self esteem and emotional and mental issues she's dealt with most of her life. Sam very clearly lived in a bubble, as most people with childhood trauma and emotional neglect tend to do and just went through life struggling but unable to identify the causes of her issues. She herself has admitted she was very ignorant about a lot of things with race, ethnicity, and her own identity. This year she had the major shake up of the breakdown of her marriage, a global pandemic and a movement about black racial justice that took the world by storm. The fact that all of these things have allowed her to explore her identity, grapple with her issues and to try and make sense of them is .... fine? In what universe could that constitute as virtue signalling? She isn't suddenly writing a book about Black Lives Matter or launching a T-Shirt line? I can't imagine how her posting about injustices on her ig stories is bad or 'armchair activism'. Spreading awareness to her 1000's of followers, some who (like herself not too long ago) might have been totally unaware of a lot of this stuff.
100 percent agree with everything you've said. She hasn't proclaimed to be some perfect representative for all POCs. She's on her own personal journey in relation to her race, ethnicity and culture. It's 10 times harder if most of the people she is and has been surrounded by have mainly been white, for her to identify with her black side. There's no defined step-by-step process on how to be black or identify with your black culture. The fact that she's trying is great. How she goes about it is no-one's place to criticise if it doesn't cause any harm.

Reactions: 19
I agree with both sides. It's not Sam's job to become a freedom fighter and embracing her ethnicity is her own journey and there's no right/perfect way to do that. But that journey is not the same as her re-posting pictures and tiktoks which present a meme-ification of blackness and blocking her sister who she falls out with 5 times a year anyway. As a black woman myself, I support her journey but I hope it's going deeper than just getting braids, posting sexy selfies and reposting other people's activism.

Reactions: 23
ANyone watched her latest vid and want to give us a summary? I just don't have it in me to watch a 28 minute video of hers if all I'm going to hear is waffle

Reactions: 1
My first thought when i started the video was "wow her skin looks like tit," then she goes on to say that people have been asking for her skincare routine and talks about that. Lol? Sammi has never had good skin Idk who the hell would go to her for skincare advice.

Anyway, as usual she talks without saying anything at all really. It's like she can't actually focus on talking about a subject for more than 10 seconds. She just rambles on and on, and every 10 seconds she gets distracted about something random around her like the lights or the camera, or stops to eat, stops to talk about her makeup, or something else. I really don't know how this woman ended up being a youtuber -- she has zero communication skills.

Summary:
- she's been obsessed with music/tv/films (groundbreaking)
- she wants to get a bunch of tattoos removed (the ones at the top of her sleeves)
- she wants to have an "existential crisis Q&A" (whatever that means)

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
I don't think people want her to become a "freedom fighter". The problem with Sammie is that she always says the right things but she never comes thru. And what she does "come thru", feels half assed, just for show and people can see thru the BS. Oh, so now you are connecting to your black side? Cool, we support you, but it has to be more than braiding your hair and listening to black music. And that's when she and her content lack authenticity... and homegirl again posted a video saying literally nothing meaningful.

Reactions: 5
My first thought when i started the video was "wow her skin looks like tit," then she goes on to say that people have been asking for her skincare routine and talks about that. Lol? Sammi has never had good skin Idk who the hell would go to her for skincare advice.

Anyway, as usual she talks without saying anything at all really. It's like she can't actually focus on talking about a subject for more than 10 seconds. She just rambles on and on, and every 10 seconds she gets distracted about something random around her like the lights or the camera, or stops to eat, stops to talk about her makeup, or something else. I really don't know how this woman ended up being a youtuber -- she has zero communication skills.

Summary:
- she's been obsessed with music/tv/films (groundbreaking)
- she wants to get a bunch of tattoos removed (the ones at the top of her sleeves)
- she wants to have an "existential crisis Q&A" (whatever that means)
Thank you ❤❤
Absolutely loling at existential crisis Q&A!! Also not surprised she wants to get some of her tats removed!

• Haha
Reactions: 2
She seemed so distracted in the new video and like she didn't want to be too serious even though it was supposed to be an update.... While she's going through something serious in her life. I didn't expect a bare all but she couldn't even keep on track.

Reactions: 6
I was shocked at how bad her skin looks. Even putting on loads of concealer didn't really hide all the discolouration. Who on earth is asking for her skincare routine?

I understand why she wants the "gypsy woman" tattoo removed but I wonder why she wants the rose removed. Just rewatched an old tattoo video of hers where she talks about that rose for long time and seems really happy with it so it's interesting that she now wants to get rid. Starting at 11 mins in this vid:

Ummmm so I was looking at photos of her tattoos because I've just become so used to them that I kinda forget what they're even of. She has lots of pretty questionable tatts but considering she's now woke, I really hope that she considers getting this abomination removed too. Or at least addresses it.

d88b16ff8b4db7fd5d327e929c8d11f4.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Why do you think she wants to have the “Gypsy girl” remove?
My god this “Indian tattoo” is ... awful

Reactions: 8
Why do you think she wants to have the “Gypsy girl” remove?
My god this “Indian tattoo” is ... awful
She explained in this video why she wants the girl removed - she says that the lines were tattooed too close together so they've bled into each other making the tattoo very dark and messy. I remember at the time people were saying how the "gypsy head" was offensive and she and Jason basically laughed at them and held their classic "PC gone mad" stance.

Reactions: 12
She doesn't seem ok in the new video, I felt like she was really hyper and over the top happy! Ive always liked her but I honestly worry about her mental health, and I've lost count of her wine picture posts

Reactions: 10
She doesn't seem ok in the new video, I felt like she was really hyper and over the top happy! Ive always liked her but I honestly worry about her mental health, and I've lost count of her wine picture posts
Glad I'm not the only one who thought this. Everyone's commenting saying that she seems so happy but to me she came across quite manic.

Reactions: 14
I actually thought she was high lol cause I was high 🤣and she started talking about those snacks and I realized that I needed a snack too lol 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I understand why she wants the "gypsy woman" tattoo removed but I wonder why she wants the rose removed. Just rewatched an old tattoo video of hers where she talks about that rose for long time and seems really happy with it so it's interesting that she now wants to get rid. Starting at 11 mins in this vid:

Ummmm so I was looking at photos of her tattoos because I've just become so used to them that I kinda forget what they're even of. She has lots of pretty questionable tatts but considering she's now woke, I really hope that she considers getting this abomination removed too. Or at least addresses it.

View attachment 239650
I remember thinking at the time she was getting so many tattoos far, far too quickly and she would regret them. I didn't understand the rush on filling in her sleeve just to have a sleeve. Why not take your time and pick and choose from all the great artists out there? What's the rush? It's very 2010 lol.
Just wanted to add. There's no way she'll be able t get them light enough with laser on her skin type. And I don't think a cover up would work either. As far as I can tell she's stuck with them unless she wants extensive scarring.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Have come across Sam on hinge lmao. I had a feeling she swung both ways but was never sure until now haha! Imagine her and Jason coming across each other’s profiles lol - awkward.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
Have come across Sam on hinge lmao. I had a feeling she swung both ways but was never sure until now haha! Imagine her and Jason coming across each other’s profiles lol - awkward.
Didya get a screencap of her profile?

On the apps already! That's a shame. I'd hoped she'd actually take a bit of time to herself. Hopefully she's just casually dating for fun and not about to jump headfirst into another serious/heavy relationship. But also, casual dating in a pandemic 🤔

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.