Sam Heughan

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m pretty sure that men are people. Who said that vulnerability is exclusive females? Sam Heughan is not the victim in this situation and that wouldn’t change regardless of gender. The only people who would see an actor as the victim in this scenario are crazy fans.
I've never heard of him but I stand by my point that if it were a woman the word vulnerable would be used in a situation where someone was pretending to be them.

Reactions: 1
I've never heard of him but I stand by my point that if it were a woman the word vulnerable would be used in a situation where someone was pretending to be them.
Sam Heughan’s fans have been claiming that he (a man) is the victim while shaming the actual victims. I stand by my point, if anyone was calling a male or female actor vulnerable in this scenario then they would be a crazed fan.

Sam Heughan’s fans have been claiming that he (a man) is the victim while shaming the actual victims. I stand by my point, if anyone was calling a male or female actor vulnerable in this scenario then they would be a crazed fan.
Okie dokie 👍

He is bland in outlander. First two series I thought he was good but not since then.
Yeah I thought he was bland in Outlander. It's like hes gone to the Joey Tribbiani school of acting 😄

I’m pretty sure that men are people. Who said that vulnerability is exclusive females? Sam Heughan is not the victim in this situation and that wouldn’t change regardless of gender. The only people who would see an actor as the victim in this scenario are crazy fans.
I dont know anything about this story, but I do think some of these uber celeb fans are vulnerable, in that scammers will deliberately target people who are not going to understand that this is nonsense, and they can be all ages. I do a bit of work with adults with learning disabilities. They can use the internet ( they have to now) but not a week goes by when I dont have to tell them something or other about a scam targeted at them. Many of them are perfectly competent adults who live mostly independently but have a reading age of 8-11 year olds. Heughan still isnt a victim though, but if he has done everything he can to warn people, I'm not sure what else he can do, apart from go to the police.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Of course Sam is a victim (as are his fans who get conned), it's crazy to suggest otherwise. Just because he is rich doesn't make him less of a victim in a crime, its his identity and reputation at risk. It's like saying anyone who has their identity stolen isn't a victim. There really isn't much he can do aside from keep reiterating the point, I've seen numerous celebrities and companies have similar issues. It seems to be a growing problem on social media

Of course Sam is a victim (as are his fans who get conned), it's crazy to suggest otherwise. Just because he is rich doesn't make him less of a victim in a crime, its his identity and reputation at risk. It's like saying anyone who has their identity stolen isn't a victim. There really isn't much he can do aside from keep reiterating the point, I've seen numerous celebrities and companies have similar issues. It seems to be a growing problem on social media
Comparing him to the victim of identity theft is a false equivalence. Someone pretending to be you in order to commit a crime is not the same as having your identity stolen and I say this as someone with 17 years service in the police force, 10 of which have been spent in CID. Victims of identity theft are the perpetrator’s target, not the organisation they pretend to represent. It would be more accurate for you to compare the women who have had their money taken under false pretences to the victims of identity theft. If someone calls your home pretending to be your bank in order to gain access to your personal details, you are the one at risk not your bank.

There isn’t a huge amount that actors can do to prevent these types of scams and they are not to blame either. My comment was purely in relation to his rabid fan base and their response to the actual victims of this crime.

Yeah I thought he was bland in Outlander. It's like hes gone to the Joey Tribbiani school of acting 😄

I dont know anything about this story, but I do think some of these uber celeb fans are vulnerable, in that scammers will deliberately target people who are not going to understand that this is nonsense, and they can be all ages. I do a bit of work with adults with learning disabilities. They can use the internet ( they have to now) but not a week goes by when I dont have to tell them something or other about a scam targeted at them. Many of them are perfectly competent adults who live mostly independently but have a reading age of 8-11 year olds. Heughan still isnt a victim though, but if he has done everything he can to warn people, I'm not sure what else he can do, apart from go to the police.
During my police career I’ve worked with victims of fraud and identity theft. Criminals sadly pray on vulnerable people. As you say people can be vulnerable because they have disabilities but people can also be vulnerable due to mental health issues, bereavement, isolation, abuse and countless other reasons. I never came across anyone who was scammed simply because they were stupid. That type of rhetoric is ignorant and really unfair.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Well, that or they don't actually run their social media accounts.
Sam does. He's been asked before if he has help and he says no.

Re the scammers, I dont think anyone is a victim. Im of the opinion that the women that are targeted should know better. Vulnerable or not, where are their partners, family members etc to say not to hand over the money...and Sam has done all he can to stop them.

Anyway Sam is in the new film To Olivia playing Paul Newman. I love him but he really needs accent lessons 🙈

the scammers, I dont think anyone is a victim. Im of the opinion that the women that are targeted should know better. Vulnerable or not, where are their partners, family members etc to say not to hand over the money...and Sam has done all he can to stop them.
You could say that about anyone who is defrauded through scams though. Clearly if someone is handing over thousands of £, all their life savings because some celebrity is telling them to, there is some issue going on there. Most people will use some level of common sense. They probably don't tell their partners or family members, or dont have any.