Sam Faiers #17 juggling life and still not a wife, celebrating 8 years of being BF & GF!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is what always annoys me when celebs ask people to donate. You've got millions, and your friends have millions. You lot could raise the whole lot without begging off people with little.
To be fair, we don't know how much they are giving themselves. We have a couple who are fairly famous here as family friends and they do a lot of charity stuff and ask their followers for support but they donate a HUGE amount themselves, they just don't advertise it so I tend to always give famous people the benefit of the doubt on this one as you never know how much they are donating behind the scenes.

Reactions: 13
I get what people are saying re: white saviour / she could donate the whole lot herself etc but it's one of those she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

She could also just stay at home and say nothing or do nothing, so at least she's trying to raise awareness? She's doing more than most, and I'm sure she has donated something herself too.

Reactions: 25
To be fair, we don't know how much they are giving themselves. We have a couple who are fairly famous here as family friends and they do a lot of charity stuff and ask their followers for support but they donate a HUGE amount themselves, they just don't advertise it so I tend to always give famous people the benefit of the doubt on this one as you never know how much they are donating behind the scenes.
I also give them the benefit of the doubt for this reason but also a few times recently I've seen a celebrity (I think one was Megan fox) raising awareness\money for a charity\their friend\employee and people saying they could pay the whole lot themselves but doing that doesn't raise awareness, they won't be able to do it on an ongoing basis if it's a charity, it can create a bad dynamic if it's an employee but also if, say Sam, can't possibly donate the full amount of money a charity needs for every charity whereas supporting many charities and donating a bit to each and asking others to do the same means she helps a lot of charities.

Reactions: 3
She could also just raise awareness from the UK, she is in Uganda and where she us going is dangerous. I thought she was really genuine in her video’s and trust me I am no fan of her. Good on her I say, I’m sure she has donated but 80k is a lot of money I wouldn’t expect her to give it all it’s not like she is of Cristiano Ronaldo wealth. I really hope they can build the home for those poor babies, that’s what matters most

Reactions: 17
I get what people are saying re: white saviour / she could donate the whole lot herself etc but it's one of those she's damned if she does and damned if she doesn't.

She could also just stay at home and say nothing or do nothing, so at least she's trying to raise awareness? She's doing more than most, and I'm sure she has donated something herself too.
Sorry, disagree. She’s simplifying the complexity of poverty, projecting an image of herself - as a white saviour, swooping in - the only person who could possibly save these poor dirty African babies.

it’s gross. There’s a way to raise awareness and understanding ethically, and in an informed way. She could consult experts in how to do this. There’s an entire international development sector that does this kind of work - based on decades of experience and learning.

Doing nothing would be better than projecting a colonialist, 80s band aid-esque image of Uganda.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
No I’m sorry give her a bleeping break, she’s there in and amongst it seeing it all first hand. And I bet it’s bleeping scary. I applaud her for this.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 36
Sorry, disagree. She’s simplifying the complexity of poverty, projecting an image of herself - as a white saviour, swooping in - the only person who could possibly save these poor dirty African babies.

it’s gross. There’s a way to raise awareness and understanding ethically, and in an informed way. She could consult experts in how to do this. There’s an entire international development sector that does this kind of work - based on decades of experience and learning.

Doing nothing would be better than projecting a colonialist, 80s band aid-esque image of Uganda.
You’re giving Sam to much credit in thinking that she is intelligent enough to be doing all of that consciously.

I don’t agree that she is being a white saviour, (I say this as a woman with a black mother and a middle eastern father) she is trying to do a good thing, if she were a black/asian/middle eastern woman going with the same charity, doing the same thing would it be okay?

As Europeans/English/Westerners- its easy for us to have our eyes closed to what really goes on or have a full understanding of the culture BUT lets not make this into Sam doing something wrong, the kids getting the centre is the main goal here!

Reactions: 11
You’re giving Sam to much credit in thinking that she is intelligent enough to be doing all of that consciously.

I don’t agree that she is being a white saviour, (I say this as a woman with a black mother and a middle eastern father) she is trying to do a good thing, if she were a black/asian/middle eastern woman going with the same charity, doing the same thing would it be okay?

As Europeans/English/Westerners- its easy for us to have our eyes closed to what really goes on or have a full understanding of the culture BUT lets not make this into Sam doing something wrong, the kids getting the centre is the main goal here!
No I’m sorry give her a bleeping break, she’s there in and amongst it seeing it all first hand. And I bet it’s bleeping scary. I applaud her for this.
uganda really isn’t that scary
This is not a rave thread - I’m not here to give her a bleeping break. There’s another section on this site for that.

her most recent post is plastered with pictures of children - vulnerable children - who she states are at risk of being trafficked. That violates the most BASIC of safeguarding standards. She’s essentially making it a lot easier for any old psychopath to track them down.

Can you imagine a similar video taken of vulnerable young people at a childrens home in the UK and shared with 2.5million followers?

Why do Ugandan children not deserve the same safeguards that we have in place here?

she is an absolute moron who doesn’t know what she’s doing and is doing more harm than good.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

It’s gross? She hasn’t made up these scenes, these are real life slums and these children are in real danger. what psychopath do you think is going to watch those videos and head over to Uganda? They’ve already been trafficked from the very people in the country who already know where they are and keep them in slums.
Many people myself included, didn’t know the half of it before I watched those videos. Now she’s raised £100k more than they had yesterday to build a new rehab centre. What could be wrong with that? I’m not a Sam mega fan but I can’t sit back and say what she’s done here is bad. What do you do for charity? Donate a fiver once a year when a raffle happens?
---
uganda really isn’t that scary

This is not a rave thread - I’m not here to give her a bleeping break. There’s another section on this site for that.

her most recent post is plastered with pictures of children - vulnerable children - who she states are at risk of being trafficked. That violates the most BASIC of safeguarding standards. She’s essentially making it a lot easier for any old psychopath to track them down.

Can you imagine a similar video taken of vulnerable young people at a childrens home in the UK and shared with 2.5million followers?

Why do Ugandan children not deserve the same safeguards that we have in place here?

she is an absolute moron who doesn’t know what she’s doing and is doing more harm than good.
How do you know every part of Uganda isn’t that scary? Have you been deep into the slums and seen where they do child sacrifices?
the children do deserve safeguards too: that’s the whole point! But they’ve already been trafficked and they’re already in grave danger

Reactions: 22
It’s gross? She hasn’t made up these scenes, these are real life slums and these children are in real danger. what psychopath do you think is going to watch those videos and head over to Uganda? They’ve already been trafficked from the very people in the country who already know where they are and keep them in slums.
Many people myself included, didn’t know the half of it before I watched those videos. Now she’s raised £100k more than they had yesterday to build a new rehab centre. What could be wrong with that? I’m not a Sam mega fan but I can’t sit back and say what she’s done here is bad. What do you do for charity? Donate a fiver once a year when a raffle happens?
---

How do you know every part of Uganda isn’t that scary? Have you been deep into the slums and seen where they do child sacrifices?
the children do deserve safeguards too: that’s the whole point! But they’ve already been trafficked and they’re already in grave danger
“Many people myself included, didn’t know the half of it before I watched those videos”

this is exactly the point. Your version of reality is coming from sam faiers. They very woman who you come here to witch about. Why are you trusting her version of what’s really happening in Uganda?

God knows I’m not saying there’s not poverty, and there’s not awful things, and the ere’s not trafficking (just as there is in the uk). But you’re seeing a version of it through sams lens, presented in a very specific, very harmful way.

They very woman who you come here to witch about. Why are you trusting her version of what’s really happening in Uganda?
---
---

you don’t know the half of what I do ‘for charity’. Why do you think I have an understanding of responsible fundraising, child safeguarding standards, Uganda?

Reactions: 9
“Many people myself included, didn’t know the half of it before I watched those videos”

this is exactly the point. Your version of reality is coming from sam faiers. They very woman who you come here to witch about. Why are you trusting her version of what’s really happening in Uganda?

God knows I’m not saying there’s not poverty, and there’s not awful things, and the ere’s not trafficking (just as there is in the uk). But you’re seeing a version of it through sams lens, presented in a very specific, very harmful way.

They very woman who you come here to witch about. Why are you trusting her version of what’s really happening in Uganda?
---

you don’t know the half of what I do ‘for charity’. Why do you think I have an understanding of responsible fundraising, child safeguarding standards, Uganda?
because It’s on video 🤣 I can see it now. Which I wasn’t able to do before.I’m not saying I believe all of Uganda is exactly like that but now I have an understanding of how bad some of it can be. I didn’t know about trafficking and human sacrificing. What’s bad about raising awareness and money to help the poorest? I’m asking you, what do you do for charity? I’d love to know. And why is what she’s showing harmful if it’s the truth in some instances? Those children are clearly living in poverty and do need the rehab centres so why not just accept she’s raised awareness and funds and stop pretending like you’re helping them more.

Reactions: 2
because It’s on video 🤣 I can see it now. Which I wasn’t able to do before.I’m not saying I believe all of Uganda is exactly like that but now I have an understanding of how bad some of it can be. I didn’t know about trafficking and human sacrificing. What’s bad about raising awareness and money to help the poorest? I’m asking you, what do you do for charity? I’d love to know
I work for a charity. I literally work for a charity raising awareness, money and implementing programmes. RESPONSIBLY.

Which is why I’m telling you, this woman you come here to witch about is a moron, and I’m baffled you’re lapping up her white saviour vanity project, because you clearly recognise she’s an idiot in all other areas of her life.

Can you stop saying white vanity project. This is about helping vulnerable children, it doesn’t matter about skin colour. Myself and friends all donated to Uganda off the back of her stories and we are all different ethnicities and background. This is not all about Sam it’s about getting everyone to chip in and help. Are you or any of your colleagues at the charity you work at White? Just wondered if that was a white vanity project too

Reactions: 15
Can you stop saying white vanity project. This is about helping vulnerable children, it doesn’t matter about skin colour. Myself and friends all donated to Uganda off the back of her stories and we are all different ethnicities and background. This is not all about Sam it’s about getting everyone to chip in and help. Are you or any of your colleagues at the charity you work at White? Just wondered if that was a white vanity project too
this isnt a comment on your and your friends - it’s about Sam, and how she uses her position and influence.

the term which is being used is white saviour - it’s a fairly commonly known trope.

Screenshots explaining a bite more about what it is, from this website:

https://www.healthline.com/health/white-saviorism

Attachments

Reactions: 3
this isnt a comment on your and your friends - it’s about Sam, and how she uses her position and influence.

the term which is being used is white saviour - it’s a fairly commonly known trope.

Screenshots explaining a bite more about what it is, from this website:

https://www.healthline.com/health/white-saviorism
What Sam & team are doing doesn’t compare to any of those examples in your screenshots though really. Can’t we just be pleased that over £100k has been raised for these poor children?
Someone’s always got to find a way to ruin it

Reactions: 14
What Sam & team are doing doesn’t compare to any of those examples in your screenshots though really. Can’t we just be pleased that over £100k has been raised for these poor children?
Someone’s always got to find a way to ruin it
I’m not sure you’re getting the point, or understanding the theory. You can google white saviourism yourself and read a bit more about it - i wanted to make it easier for you.

Is sam, some airhead from a reality tv programme the best placed most well informed person to be managing this project?

If sam really cared, she would work with and through a charity that knows what they are doing and have decades of experience implementing programmes, and working through people in the community who are experts in their field and know the context.

But sam wants the pictures and videos of herself holding hands with the local children. SHE wants to be seen as … ‘the saviour’. The way those children are being used is exploitative, undignified and unsafe.

Sorry you feel expressing concern for them is ‘ruining it’.

• Heart
How is she supposed to raise money without showing and highlighting the situation?
Cancer charities use stories of people living with cancer, Animal charities use abused and ill animals? Its supposed to evoke emotion so people feel compelled to donate no?

Reactions: 7
I’m not sure you’re getting the point, or understanding the theory. You can google white saviourism yourself and read a bit more about it - i wanted to make it easier for you.

Is sam, some airhead from a reality tv programme the best placed most well informed person to be managing this project?

If sam really cared, she would work with and through a charity that knows what they are doing and have decades of experience implementing programmes, and working through people in the community who are experts in their field and know the context.

But sam wants the pictures and videos of herself holding hands with the local children. SHE wants to be seen as … ‘the saviour’. The way those children are being used is exploitative, undignified and unsafe.

Sorry you feel expressing concern for them is ‘ruining it’.
The point of someone like Sam getting involved is because they can reach a wider audience, point proven with their successful fundraising attempts over the last few days.
Sure she could do it all in secret, but why not use the platform you’ve got to raise more awareness.

Reactions: 8
She’s doing it via a charity organisation, it’s not the Sam faiers show. It’s called Project Rescue Children. Some people can’t find the good in anything.
---
She’s not claiming to be an expert or a saviour, she’s helping a non for profit organisation. She’s also not managing it- if you check out project rescue children you’ll see

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.