Sali Hughes #64 Terminal Pan Decline

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On ageing and beauty...been thinking of the divine Françoise Hardy who died this week. Here she is aged 50 when she collaborated with Blur. Ok, she was stunning to begin with and had beautiful bones. But it's striking how she aged naturally, hair turning white, lines on her face, no apologies for being whatever age she was and full of grace and elegance. Couldn't be further from the influencer aesthetic. RIP Françoise.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 30
View attachment 2992728

Bleached hair. Extensions. Botox-smooth brow. Microbladed eyebrows. Dark-rimmed eyes. Tan make-up, heavy on the bronzer. Plump, pinky-brown lips. Bright white teeth. What are the odds they all have thick gelled nails?
I’m so sick of everyone having the same “Instagram face”. I don’t even think it makes them look youthful, they’d look way younger with some frown lines and imperfect brows.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
It will go one of two ways, either everyone with money will have tweakments, so you will be able to identify the poor easily, or lack of symmetry will become the unattainable “look” and people will be having wrinkles put in and hair transplants in their eyebrows 🤷🏼‍♀️
ETA it’s going to be weird growing up as the child of tweakment parents, there will be a stage where the child might display a feature that the parent has revised, but the child won’t be old enough to have it “tweaked”

• Haha
Reactions: 13
ETA it’s going to be weird growing up as the child of tweakment parents, there will be a stage where the child might display a feature that the parent has revised, but the child won’t be old enough to have it “tweaked”
I do know someone who had a nose job so she looked more like her mother (who had also had a nose job).
Also there is that Harvard study about how children who have botoxed mothers display less empathy - thought to be because they don't learn to read micro expressions from their mother's blank face.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
I’m so sick of everyone having the same “Instagram face”. I don’t even think it makes them look youthful, they’d look way younger with some frown lines and imperfect brows.
It's so basic. Sali had a really distinct look back in the day and that really set her apart. She could be anybody's rich mum now.

Reactions: 23
It wasn't that distinctive - sort of an ageing-out manic pixie dream girl via Keren from Bananarama. But yes, unique compared to her current cloned look

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It wasn't that distinctive - sort of an ageing-out manic pixie dream girl via Keren from Bananarama. But yes, unique compared to her current cloned look
Yeah, reading that back I made her sound like Bjork! At least she was not the basic blonde botox insta hun she is now.

• Haha
I really wish people would realise that it's genetics more than anything that dictates how well* you'll age. Sick of the identical 40 somethings trying to look younger and it's especially depressing watching beautiful 20 somethings getting botoxed/filled to the hilt when it's completely unnecessary. I have a 26 year old colleague who is genuinely a classic beauty but she already has a frozen forehead and a tonne of filler and as a result, looks like a 15 years older woman trying to look younger.
*I don't believe there's a good or bad way to age, just meaning this in the generally accepted sense, IYKWIM.

I've been pondering her glycerin article and am really baffled as to what the point of it was. She said its in almost all skin products and olways has been and is amazing. Well so what? So is water. What are we supposed to do with this information? If we are to follow her bizarre hotel analogy it's like a hotel reviewer saying 'an amazing thing about hotels is they all have sheets. Nobody appreciates sheets like me. They are an unsung hero. I'm not going to recommend any hotels this week I just want an appreciation of sheets'.
How is this pointless drivel actually getting approved?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I've been pondering her glycerin article and am really baffled as to what the point of it was. She said its in almost all skin products and olways has been and is amazing. Well so what? So is water. What are we supposed to do with this information? If we are to follow her bizarre hotel analogy it's like a hotel reviewer saying 'an amazing thing about hotels is they all have sheets. Nobody appreciates sheets like me. They are an unsung hero. I'm not going to recommend any hotels this week I just want an appreciation of sheets'.
How is this pointless drivel actually getting approved?
Did it have aff links? That would be how.

Reactions: 2
I like breathing
Thanks for your brilliant recommendation on breathing. I tried it and I am now obsessed. I know you are busy but could you possibly do a chatty long form video on blinking?. I would value your opinion on this as I have heard it is popular but not sure if it's for me.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Thanks for your brilliant recommendation on breathing. I tried it and I am now obsessed. I know you are busy but could you possibly do a chatty long form video on blinking?. I would value your opinion on this as I have heard it is popular but not sure if it's for me.
See above

also, the SKIN on my SCALP is cosseted by the new Head and Shoulders Bare Hydrating shampoo. It’s really calmed my scalp psoriasi/dermatitis thing* it’s actually slightly drying so I’m alternating with my Palmers Moisturising Shampoo. I’m impressed though, it’s currently half price so I’ll be clearing the shelves of it in a train station beauty store v soon.
(*nobody is sure, I tried all the shampoos, no help. Steroid lotion burned and made it worse 🤷🏼‍♀️) my hair type is greasy, although I was it daily otherwise it gets plaques which bleed after a day, have a small amount of flakes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Sorry but dafuq is that face? Her teeth and mouth look ridiculous. She paid for this?
When will her endless facial 'medical' procedures stop? In a way I feel sorry for her. Her obsession with her face and appearance cannot be making her happy.

Screenshot_20240616_020054.jpg

Screenshot_20240616_021646.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
were still waiting for the “no oranges” Murad vitamin c video update…
What Murad vit C update? You must be misremembering or getting me confused with another hun who is crushing middleaging like a pro. #gaslighting *runs away* *pitter pat* 🐾
---
Sorry but dafuq is that face? Her teeth and mouth look ridiculous. She paid for this?
When will her endless facial 'medical' procedures stop? In a way I feel sorry for her. Her obsession with her face and appearance cannot be making her happy.
It seems she can't get these procedures done quick enough, like she needs to catch up with all the other influencers and be her best self before reaching 50. I can imagine her continuing to chase, especially if she "needs" adjustments/tweakments down the road.
---
See above

also, the SKIN on my SCALP is cosseted by the new Head and Shoulders Bare Hydrating shampoo. It’s really calmed my scalp psoriasi/dermatitis thing* it’s actually slightly drying so I’m alternating with my Palmers Moisturising Shampoo. I’m impressed though, it’s currently half price so I’ll be clearing the shelves of it in a train station beauty store v soon.
(*nobody is sure, I tried all the shampoos, no help. Steroid lotion burned and made it worse 🤷🏼‍♀️) my hair type is greasy, although I was it daily otherwise it gets plaques which bleed after a day, have a small amount of flakes.
What are your glasses brand? They look fab. xxx

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9