Sali Hughes #63 Evening oll, shrill on the socials at every opportunity.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pretty Honest was in my local charity shop for £2 on Friday - if anyone wants it picking up, it's probably still there, between a copy of Believe It or Not! All Weird, All True and the Reader's Digest Family Medical Encyclopaedia.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Whoop whoop, more perfume reviews including a Chanel fragrance which means more fluffy waffle about her favourite girlboss Nazi, Coco Chanel or, as our Sali likes to call her, ♡Gabrielle♡. I mean, I like some Chanel fragrances, and I know that the company has gone on a different path and is obviously in different hands now, and fantasies about a brand's heritage and mythology are always a key selling point, but Sali always glosses over the very inconvenient history so she can celebrate and elevate "Madame Gabrielle" as if all the exclusive line and beyond are made by the fair hand and sensibilities of someone very dead and very racist. :rolleyes:

Plus, she's just so bad at describing and reviewing fragrance. As an example, about Comete by Chanel, she tries to describe the iris note and says it's "not buttery" and then searches for a fragrance with a similar note so that viewers can get the idea of what kind of iris profile* it has. Does she go for an easy to find quite common knowledge fragrance that most people will have either a memory of or an idea of how it smells? Does she duck. Nope, Black Tie by Celine, which is not easy to find, nor easy to find to test or try, nor well known as a reference. Plus it's a very "literal" fragrance apparently, smelling like a comet or stardust. Pray tell, which part of Nasa's HQ has Sali been skulking around to get a sense of the literal smell of space matter?

*ugh, "Iris profile." Sorry for the wanky pretentiousness.🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 4