Sali Hughes #58 who has always been open about her own use of Botox

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to dear skidder @TriviaNewtonJohn for thread title suggestion.
This was a direct quote from an article in The Times about Sali's famous championing of Botox going back years :rolleyes:

She's been very busy with very busy important engagements.
Sam Mcknight gamely wafting trays at her for poufy hair and then going to Paris wearing perfume.
And she worked three days in a row. Which resulted in her having to lie on the sofa in Dan's pants. In the teeniest tiniest palest heap. Then he didn't even notice her new pink hair.

A follower of hers on IG noted she was playful but a little bit coy too. And who are we to argue.

Screenshot_20230410_050947.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Thanks @Jelly Bean for the hilarious summary. The teeniest tiniest palest heap made me laugh out loud. I’m off to the airport in an hour or so, taking the kids to London for the first time. we’re all really excited. Hope I can restrain myself in boots / Superdrug / maybe Selfridges and stick to the Natural History Museum etc.
😇🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Thanks @Jelly Bean for the hilarious summary. The teeniest tiniest palest heap made me laugh out loud. I’m off to the airport in an hour or so, taking the kids to London for the first time. we’re all really excited. Hope I can restrain myself in boots / Superdrug / maybe Selfridges and stick to the Natural History Museum etc.
😇🤓
Oh I hope you and the small Crosswords have a lovely time. I'm well jel. Haven't been to London for ages but really want to soon. Would love to go to the V & A again.
But obviously will fit in a dash to Superdrug to grab a mascara or something. As an homage to Sali. It's only right.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
What do I reach for in my perfume wardrobe for brunch with the fam, do i complement the flavours with something gourmand or boldy clash with a pleasing rutting musk? If I'm wearing jeans can I elevate that look to something worthy of The Ivy if I go for something like Le Coruscating Dandelion £370 for 15ml. Send in the smol oracle.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I've elevated my second worst but cleanest jeans and h&m jumper (from vinted and no longer available in store) with a cheeky squirt of Cotton Fresh Sure. It says for women but my husband has been known to pinch it. Its perfect for a little sashay round Aldi to buy some mince. Its a very under rated fragrance. Reminds me of deoderant on freshly washed armpits. Just going to stare at myself in the hall mirror until the rain stops. Maybe sit on the floor to put my converse on. Flash my sainsburys bag for life at you. ARE YOU JEALOUS YET?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Omg the amount of makeup brushes she has in that video is INSANE.
This photo doesn't show all of them by a long way. A lot seem to be identical - the one in every bag thing no doubt.
Why does one person need so many for her own personal use?

Screenshot_20230410_174622.jpg

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
Is cleaning your brushes a displacement activity like sharpening your pencils? I'm worried that the mountain of work isn't getting done.

And of what does this mountain consist? Not journalism, presumably. The weekly-ish 400 words can't amount to more than a molehill.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
If she was a mua I could understand but this is madness! No wonder she needs time to chill in husband’s manky pants, probably couldn’t distinguish from those and the skims PJ’s on the floor.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I currently have 33 Lindt bunnies and a family-sized tiramisu. Greedy? No. IT’S MY JOB, FUCKWITS.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Far be it from me usually to comment on someone's mental health 🙄 but I'll be childish and say Sali started it.
But that level of acquiring identical stuff is just plain wierd isn't it? Up there with the 100s of perfumes and red lipsticks. She can't keep saying 'it's my job' when it really really isn't. She can't keep blaming a hoarding habit on her job.
As a poster here said earlier a lot of the perfumes she promotes are old school and extremely well known, so how on earth is it her 'job' to talk about them?

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Far be it from me usually to comment on someone's mental health 🙄 but I'll be childish and say Sali started it.
But that level of acquiring identical stuff is just plain wierd isn't it? Up there with the 100s of perfumes and red lipsticks. She can't keep saying 'it's my job' when it really really isn't. She can't keep blaming a hoarding habit on her job.
As a poster here said earlier a lot of the perfumes she promotes are old school and extremely well known, so how on earth is it her 'job' to talk about them?
@Jelly Bean you so often say what I'm thinking. A little earlier I wrote a post making a jokey sort of comment about the amount of stuff but then decided not to post it. I wasn't sure it was something to joke about.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@Jelly Bean you so often say what I'm thinking. A little earlier I wrote a post making a jokey sort of comment about the amount of stuff but then decided not to post it. I wasn't sure it was something to joke about.
Thank you Aude. I wasn't sure either tbh but I've got fed up with her normalising this bizarre excess. She didn't have to show all her brushes but she did so for some wierd reason. She could've showed how to clean just a few.
And why does she need so many FOR MY JOB? She writes a weekly column. She does a vlog sometimes, but not very many of them are makeup tutorials. She always bangs on about her very favourite few brushes she uses all the time. So again - why does working 'in this industry' necessitate what must be well over 100? (And that is a conservative estimate). Which aspect of her job requires this?

Screenshot_20230411_011147.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 23
Snippy little Sali.
I’ve got about half as many brushes I reckon. I have duplicates, a few times I’ve been given a set as a gift. However, I store mine neatly and keep them clean.

Reactions: 11
She has also said before that she doesn't wear makeup every day. If she's working she'll be unshowered with a bare face and wearing Dan's crusty old boxers. So have these grubby brushes accumulated over months? Personally I keep my most used brushes together and clean them regularly. I'll often wash a favourite eyeshadow brush straight after using it. It takes seconds.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
As far as I can see, the only make up does is her own (and if she was doing someone else’s, I’m sure she’d let us know on Instagram). So why the need for the “kit”?

In the olden days, I assumed she was a MUA. Seemed to give that impression and is why I trusted her advice.

Reactions: 18
Having hundreds of manky brushes which are dirty but then don't get used for months must be more unhygienic than having a few which you wash weekly and use until the hairs fall out, then replace, no?

• Sick
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.