Sali Hughes #57 Sali Antoinette

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"Let them eat ... Chilli Pickle every Friday night, shortly before or after the maintenance shag"

---

I just made myself sick 🤮

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 22
Can we have the @Jelly Bean version of Sali Antoinette’s ‘novel’ in the wiki? It’s better than anything Sali has ever written, IMO.

I can’t quote from the last thread, so here it is:

“I imagine it is about a plucky young teen runaway, let's call her Sami, who heads off to London Town with only £5 in her Fiorucci jeans back pocket.
She falls in with a glamorous crowd of models and makeup artists. They are all very protective of unusually small, quirky, yet fierce Sami. Against the odds and through sheer grit she carves out a career for herself in a very misogynistic world. She surrounds herself with a tightknit group of unconventional, hilarious and smart girlfriends - China, an older worldly wise journalist who has a dark secret, madcap Kathleen whose outrageous outbursts can get her into trouble with authority, but who has a heart of gold, and little Laurie. Who is just always there.
We follow Sami and her friends, Falling, and yet Laughing, through life.”

The funny thing is, I can imagine IK coaching her to write something like this - her novels are all thinly veiled versions of herself and her own life: gorgeous but curvy woman with three kids (two sons, one daughter) and two ex husbands; two younger sisters and an acerbic but loving mother. I like IK’s writing though, nepotism or not. Sali’s gives me a headaches, it’s virtually unreadable.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
I was curious about the whole “Maintenance shag” thing, so I looked up the podcast and listened to a couple mins…and then turned it off.

Sali: “I don’t feel that you can decide long term that they’re not going to have sex anymore. I sort of think that’s gross misconduct in a way. It’s like coming home and saying we’re not going to restaurants anymore or go on holiday anymore because you don’t feel like it. It’s just not something you can take away from someone’s life without consultation. It’s really worth forcing those moments.”

Wtf. There is so much that’s wrong with that statement…mainly: Consent! If someone doesn’t want to have sex, then they don’t have to have sex. No one is obligated to have sex with anyone. End of story. If the other person isn’t okay with that, they can leave the relationship! Also screwing your partner won’t fix anything. All of your problems will still be there afterwards.

Yeah…hard pass on relationship advice from someone who: ran away with a creepy adult man when she was a teenager, had children with a different man, and then married (I’m pretty sure?) another entirely different man. She’s hardly the expert on this…

• Wow
Reactions: 21
"Got your Madonna tickets? No? Mmm, I managed it." 🎂🍰🎂🍰🎂

I love that gif so much 😂
By the way distressing news re Patsy.
I have started watching Eastenders again after many years (don't judge) and Patsy has just started on it. So far she is beyond wooden. And has done something unnerving with her lovely face so that her mouth hardly moves.
Oh Patsy 😢

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
I remember Patsy going through an inflated lip moment many years ago after she had split with Liam. She was on The Big Breakfast and was very slim with very big lips. Since she was a teenager she has pouted in almost every photo.

Reactions: 7
Can we have the @Jelly Bean version of Sali Antoinette’s ‘novel’ in the wiki? It’s better than anything Sali has ever written, IMO.

I can’t quote from the last thread, so here it is:

“I imagine it is about a plucky young teen runaway, let's call her Sami, who heads off to London Town with only £5 in her Fiorucci jeans back pocket.
She falls in with a glamorous crowd of models and makeup artists. They are all very protective of unusually small, quirky, yet fierce Sami. Against the odds and through sheer grit she carves out a career for herself in a very misogynistic world. She surrounds herself with a tightknit group of unconventional, hilarious and smart girlfriends - China, an older worldly wise journalist who has a dark secret, madcap Kathleen whose outrageous outbursts can get her into trouble with authority, but who has a heart of gold, and little Laurie. Who is just always there.
We follow Sami and her friends, Falling, and yet Laughing, through life.”

The funny thing is, I can imagine IK coaching her to write something like this - her novels are all thinly veiled versions of herself and her own life: gorgeous but curvy woman with three kids (two sons, one daughter) and two ex husbands; two younger sisters and an acerbic but loving mother. I like IK’s writing though, nepotism or not. Sali’s gives me a headaches, it’s virtually unreadable.
Perhaps Caitlin can advise?
She wrote her first novel aged 15, about a quirky girl, eldest in a large family who didn’t go to school. Followed by her first novel about a quirky girl who didn’t go to school then won a writing prize and moved to London to write.
Then there was her TV series based on the quirky eldest girl in a large family who didn’t go to school. Then she wrote a film about the quirky eldest girl in a large family who didn’t go to school…

• Haha
Reactions: 58
She wrote her first novel aged 15, about a quirky girl, eldest in a large family who didn’t go to school. Followed by her first novel about a quirky girl who didn’t go to school then won a writing prize and moved to London to write.
Then there was her TV series based on the quirky eldest girl in a large family who didn’t go to school. Then she wrote a film about the quirky eldest girl in a large family who didn’t go to school…
The most perfect thing I’ve ever read 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Icey things on your face (the 'Colin' 🤮) - is there not a danger of broken capillieries?
I use a cool jade roller but olways thought stuff straight from the freezer was a no no? Could be wrong.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
I can’t decide on this reel if a there is a filter and b whether she has a foundation on already before starting….. what I do know is this posing is fffing ridiculous for a grown woman in her forties
Not sure if there’s a filter but I reckon there’s a big ol’ ring light blaring down at her, judging by how ablaze all the grease on her face looks.

---

Also I despise the way she’s selling but pretending not to sell. Absolute drain on humanity these people, flogging tit all day long. ‘Press samples/gifted with zero obligation to post.’ Yeah ok Sal but why the f else did they send you free tit and what else will they ‘gift’ you in future as a result?

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
In the recent Q&A: I don’t like lip oil. I’m a lipstick girl (of nearly 50 🤢).
Today: finishes off the greasy look with a slick of lip oil.
„Not paid, totally my choice, only posting products I’ve loved for years.“

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 25
Just gone down a Beauty Banks rabbit hole after I saw Jo Jones bragging on IG about her daughter using them for her DoE volunteering work (my kid went out every Sun rain or snow for 6 months to help with junior ParkRun but hey you take your tenner to Superdrug darling), but enough of that…anyway, I had a nose of Companies House, why do they need 6 directors? Why are they spending nearly £200k a year on admin expenses when last year they only raised £88k?

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
Reminded me of one of my favourite ever posts (from the CM thread).

1674913565690.png

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Just gone down a Beauty Banks rabbit hole after I saw Jo Jones bragging on IG about her daughter using them for her DoE volunteering work (my kid went out every Sun rain or snow for 6 months to help with junior ParkRun but hey you take your tenner to Superdrug darling), but enough of that…anyway, I had a nose of Companies House, why do they need 6 directors? Why are they spending nearly £200k a year on admin expenses when last year they only raised £88k?
Seriously? 6 directors?
And what would 'admin expenses' include?
I think Sali has said before that only Lauren draws a wage from it (fair enough).
Is admin the same as running costs eg petrol, distribution etc?
Charities have to publish their accounts don't they in annual reports.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
This on the Charity Commission website (available to everyone before I'm accused of nefarious spying).
There is one thing I can't explain but admin/accounts beef faces probably can.
Last year BB raised £88k. £50k of which went on 'Administration services'.
These costs don't include purchases, transport, postage, storage, wages, distribution, waste management - in fact anything I could think of is accounted for. So what on earth is costing £50k? Am I missing something really obvious?

Screenshot_20230128_142646.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.