Sali Hughes #56 Spite for sore eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @TriviaNewtonJohn for thread title suggestion, in honour of the cleansing balm from Sali's brand that definitely doesn't burn eyeballs.
This had to be brought over from the previous thread 😂 Sali almost elbowing Jo Jones out of the way to an accept an award. In her jimjams

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
@Mselvista is this the podcast you listened to?
If so what did she say about the perimenopause?
Is she going to do what she did with the botox and say she's been talking about it for ages?

Screenshot_20221214_185003.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She's got zero chill. Charging up to that podium like a headmistress who wants to yell that if one more person is caught with alcohol that the school disco will be called off at once. And she will brook no arguments.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
@Mselvista is this the podcast you listened to?
If so what did she say about the perimenopause?
Is she going to do what she did with the botox and say she's been talking about it for ages?

View attachment 1807549
Yes, it is. I haven't really commented here cos I felt like I had lots to say about this after listening and haven't had chance to post at length but that was a few weeks ago and I've forgotten most of it. Generally I think SH comes across a lot better when she's chatting with people she already knows. She speaks about here a bit again.
Re perimenopause, if she talked about this I missed it. She doesn't say anymore than is in this clip I don't think.

Just seen this and listening back it does sound like that 🤣

Oh no the radio shows ending! It must be about the second time she's doesn't it this year. Decent of her turn up to last show

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Thanks to @TriviaNewtonJohn for thread title suggestion, in honour of the cleansing balm from Sali's brand that definitely doesn't burn eyeballs.
This had to be brought over from the previous thread 😂 Sali almost elbowing Jo Jones out of the way to an accept an award. In her jimjams

View attachment 1807225
What the duck is this. I can't stop watching.

Why is she walking like that? Why does she have her bag with her? The woman trailing behind her (I don't know her, do we like her?) looks completely bewildered. Why didn't they at least set off together...

That walk. Lol. Amazing. Do you think she's ever knowingly had fun?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
The walk reminds me of my 20 y’o assistant.
she is a bit of a goth (emo?) PAINFULLY self conscious although acts all nonchalant and I swear whenever she gets up and walks across the room (before checking first all the men are looking at her) this is EXACTLY how she awkwardly struts. It’s painful to see.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
What the duck is this. I can't stop watching.

Why is she walking like that? Why does she have her bag with her? The woman trailing behind her (I don't know her, do we like her?) looks completely bewildered. Why didn't they at least set off together...

That walk. Lol. Amazing. Do you think she's ever knowingly had fun?
That would be an excellent thread title: Sali Hughes - do you think she’s ever knowingly had fun?

She does coke across as a complete mood hoover/fun sponge.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Yes, it is. I haven't really commented here cos I felt like I had lots to say about this after listening and haven't had chance to post at length but that was a few weeks ago and I've forgotten most of it. Generally I think SH comes across a lot better when she's chatting with people she already knows. She speaks about here a bit again.
Same - exactly the same. I listened to it a while ago, didn't have a chance to post and thought SH came across a lot better.

I don't know if it was because she was talking to someone who's probably a friend but she seemed more like her old self. Not that I'd found her old self entirely appealing but before the attack on Tattle I hadn't taken great exception to her - it was the dishonesty that brought me here. In this podcast she seemed more honest - talking about how ambitious she's always been, having a rant about the 'hot mess' type of writer who's able to be a bit hopeless because they've families to bail them out (I was thinking Dolly Alderton - maybe unfairly?)

Reactions: 14
Same - exactly the same. I listened to it a while ago, didn't have a chance to post and thought SH came across a lot better.

In this podcast she seemed more honest - talking about how ambitious she's always been, having a rant about the 'hot mess' type of writer who's able to be a bit hopeless because they've families to bail them out (I was thinking Dolly Alderton - maybe unfairly?)
I agree that she came across so much better, I think she allowed herself to be a bit more vulnerable. There’s usually a huge element of pretension, there was less of that in this interview. Of course, she was being interviewed by a good interviewer, and not ‘interviewing’* someone else

*asking a question, getting a sniff of a subject she knows about but not hearing the whole answer, launching into a soliloquy about said subject then being delighted with herself

Reactions: 11
I hadn't heard of the last interviewee in the podcast series, Alex Light. I listened to a few minutes. I hope if there is another series Sali will stop with the interviewing technique she uses constantly of saying 'so tell me what that looks like, right?'
It's such a wierd open way of asking a question.

Reactions: 7
Sali, Alice du Parq and a few others off on a jolly to Paris (no rabid Tattlers in wait I presume for eurostar pushings) to view a exhibition of nazi sympathiser Chanel. How lovely!
You can sit in a mock up of her flat and chat to her. Possibly while her SS officer lover lurks in the wings.
Being very quirky Sali is mainly interested in the No 5 exhibit.

On a positive Sali has ditched those awful glasses, and the ones she is wearing look much nicer. You are welcome for the free advice Sali.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Sali, Alice du Parq and a few others off on a jolly to Paris (no rabid Tattlers in wait I presume for eurostar pushings) to view a exhibition of nazi sympathiser Chanel. How lovely!
You can sit in a mock up of her flat and chat to her. Possibly while her SS officer lover lurks in the wings.
Being very quirky Sali is mainly interested in the No 5 exhibit.

On a positive Sali has ditched those awful glasses, and the ones she is wearing look much nicer. You are welcome for the free advice Sali.
Actually, myself and another zealot are platform adjacent - we’ve been here since mid 2020.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.