Sali Hughes #54 average life experience of a provincial forty something

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thank you so much to @I'veloveditforyears and @Brian Butterfield for the thread title suggestion between you. Quote is from a review of THE book.

Last thread brief recap.

Sali's new book 'Everything is Washable' was released.
Apparently, according to Sali, there was an orchestrated campaign here to write lots of one star Amazon reviews to 'sink' her book.
So she asked her friends to instead write lots of good reviews. Some did so more subtly than others.
On another note in the same breath she describes posters here as 'trolls and stalkers' 🙄

(Sorry very brief - I've gone blank apart from the book. Anyone else please feel free to add more 😘)

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Gosh where to start. It’s been a long summer of inexplicable outfit choices, awkward holiday snaps and yet more complaints about the lack of acceptable vegetarian food in such tiny backwaters as Paris and New York.
Things have gone quiet on the My Own Brand front now The Book is out and we found out that pyjamas that look like they came straight from a labour camp cost over £200.
No word yet on the kind of sex act Nookie Bear has to perform if he’s caught leaving the toilet seat up. Stay tuned.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
One of the reviewers 🙄
Of course her friends/colleagues are all allowed to comment favourably. They probably all do it for each other to set the ball rolling.
Just seems a bit pathetic 🤷‍♀️

Screenshot_20220918_131727.jpg

Reactions: 17
I also noticed yesterday when I was reading the reviews that one of the touted SPs of her book was "tips for mental health" or something similar.

I would reject any tips on mental health from a woman who regularly says "having a nervo" and uses mental illness as a stick to beat other women with.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
So by looking at her content that she posts online, discussing some of it - it’s stalking her ?
Are those who look at her content and discuss it favourably also stalking her?

Reactions: 22
I also noticed yesterday when I was reading the reviews that one of the touted SPs of her book was "tips for mental health" or something similar.

I would reject any tips on mental health from a woman who regularly says "having a nervo" and uses mental illness as a stick to beat other women with.
Quite. Her language around MH is awful. And you are right - she does use it as a stick to beat other women with. That time she contacted a poster here to say they were mentally ill and her team of psychiatrists had decided this person needed 'help'. Unbelievable. Not to say stalkerish.

So by looking at her content that she posts online, discussing some of it - it’s stalking her ?
Are those who look at her content and discuss it favourably also stalking her?
This is where she ties herself in knots. As an eg she talks about her sex life. We comment on this. She is affronted 'they even discussed my sex life'.
No. We didn't. How can we? We know nothing about it. We talked about what she said about it.
So us mentioning the vile maintenance shag = stalking
Lord Venga Moran talking about it and mentioning Sali on Woman's Hour = bantz

Reactions: 33
I’d don’t stalk Sali: in fact, I don’t look at her socials and cannot even be arsed to read her articles (NOT going to waste 2 minutes on her badly rewritten press releases). Needless to say, I am not going to waste any time on fake reviews. I’m only back on her threads because raging narcissist Big Al Evans has shut up temporarily.

All of which is probably even more annoying to Big Sal. Oh well! 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I'm just back from town - chaos 😂 shops shut for ONE day ffs - and looked in both WH Smith and Waterstones for her book. No sign anywhere. Is it on general release? There was a big display of Queen books too but no Rainbow Queen 🥺 Probably sold out.

Reactions: 14
I really object to the term stalking. Sali seems to forget she’s made a conscious choice to be an influencer which involves her putting a lot of content out and people discussing it. As has has been out on the previous thread, her way of talking about it is very trumpian. Love the way that for the book release we’ve been upgraded from « dragging » to «stalking » -so much more dramatic and emotive than saying « there’s a group of women who take the piss out of me on the internet »

I meant “as has been pointed out in the previous thread”!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
I really object to the term stalking. Sali seems to forget she’s made a conscious choice to be an influencer which involves her putting a lot of content out and people discussing it. As has has been out on the previous thread, her way of talking about it is very trumpian. Love the way that for the book release we’ve been upgraded from « dragging » to «stalking » -so much more dramatic and emotive than saying « there’s a group of women who take the piss out of me on the internet »

I meant “as has been pointed out in the previous thread”!
It's because of the Alex Belfield verdict, I think. The judge said in his sentencing remarks
"The stalking you committed was not the conventional type which is popularised in the press. You did not meet or physically approach or watch any of your victims as a traditional stalker might have done. Your methods were, however, just as effective as a way of intimidating your victims and were, in many ways, much harder to deal with.
Your stalking consisted of use of repeated email communications, social media content on Twitter, and creation and publication of YouTube videos on your channel The Voice of Reason in which you commented in highly negative and often abusive terms about the complainants."

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah but we don't send her emails.or DMs, right? According to her logic a bad film review is stalking and trolling.

I get that this corner on the internet is unpleasant for her. But as others have said - we're discussing things she CHOOSES to share online. Just like in the real world, some people like what you do, others don't. Grown-ups should be able to deal with it.

Reactions: 31
It's because of the Alex Belfield verdict, I think. The judge said in his sentencing remarks
"The stalking you committed was not the conventional type which is popularised in the press. You did not meet or physically approach or watch any of your victims as a traditional stalker might have done. Your methods were, however, just as effective as a way of intimidating your victims and were, in many ways, much harder to deal with.
Your stalking consisted of use of repeated email communications, social media content on Twitter, and creation and publication of YouTube videos on your channel The Voice of Reason in which you commented in highly negative and often abusive terms about the complainants."
This is her MO. Using language to try to establish some equivalence between the criticism and satire here and the horrifying trolling and stalking to which others have been subjected.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 31
This is her MO. Using language to try to establish some equivalence between the criticism and satire here and the horrifying trolling and stalking to which others have been subjected.
Exactly. That was clear in her message to her friends/family - 'my trolls and stalkers'.
I would debate we are even trolls tbh. Trolls poke and engage with the target. We maybe poke from here? But certainly never ever engage with her.
As for 'stalkers' . That is beneath contempt. She has stalked people on here far more than the other way round (if that is her definition).
I can understand why she is pissed off with here - but to pretend we stalk her? Nah.

Reactions: 30
I’d like to see what evidence she has of us orchestrating a campaign? Not one poster has said “shall we all post negative reviews” and none of us would. I think Sali’s book is an outdated, patronising load of tit from the extracts and reviews I’ve read, and don’t intend to buy it or read it, but don’t care whether it tanks or is a bestseller. Whereas Sali is clearly orchestrating a campaign of fictitious positive reviews from her blue tick mates.
Stalking would be tracking people down and liking fab pics of their kids to intimidate them - like Sali, Lauren Laverne and Caitlin Moran did to posters from here.

• Wow
Reactions: 40
3 bad reviews - what a sad little orchestrated campaign that would be.
Maybe we should all go to the writer's retreat :m

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
She clearly clocked on here that we’d noticed her mates writing reviews and hastily made up a public reason for it. Loser.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
She clearly clocked on here that we’d noticed her mates writing reviews and hastily made up a public reason for it. Loser.
I don't think that's what happened- the screenshot was from her personal Facebook, not her Facebook group. On the day of launch there were only 3 reviews and all of them one star. She posted that on her personal Facebook and all of a sudden all those 5 star glowing reviews appeared

• Wow
Reactions: 10
I don't think that's what happened- the screenshot was from her personal Facebook, not her Facebook group. On the day of launch there were only 3 reviews and all of them one star. She posted that on her personal Facebook and all of a sudden all those 5 star glowing reviews appeared
Ah ok!

Reactions: 5
Yeah but we don't send her emails.or DMs, right? According to her logic a bad film review is stalking and trolling.

I get that this corner on the internet is unpleasant for her. But as others have said - we're discussing things she CHOOSES to share online. Just like in the real world, some people like what you do, others don't. Grown-ups should be able to deal with it.
Of course but I think cos it's set the precedent that online only activity can amount to criminal stalking then a lot of celebs/blue ticks who've been through #mytrollinghell are comparing their experiences to those of Belfield's victims and by extension their trolls to him.

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.