Sali Hughes #50 She's an influencer first with a dull column in The Guardian

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @TriviaNewtonJohn for the excellent thread title suggestion.

Happy 50th thread everyone 🎉🥳👯‍♂️
Let's all wear a bold red lip and oversized swamping trench to celebrate 👄💄
Sali commemorated it by going to Paris. Brave! As she has previously speculated about lurking Tattlers following her there to push her under trains. (Actually wtf was that about? Any new readers here she actually said that).
Sadly Paris was not up to her exacting vegetarian standards. So annoying. They knew she was coming. She told them. And still they insisted on not changing centuries of cuisine just for her. Poor Sali was reduced to munching crisps in bed 😢.
Meanwhile her 'brand' of skincare divides opinions. The division being 'yes it stings my eyes but I don't mind' and 'it stings my eyes'.

Sorry guys the recap is a bit lukewarm but I genuinely can't remember much of interest from our Sal.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
This will never not make me laugh. I actually feel for Sali slightly. We've all been there.

1652498182026.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
This is everything, and almost makes up for being woken up by noisy neighbours at silly o’clock. Thank you for carrying it over.
I somehow managed to miss the scones (and her use of countenance - now the Dowager jokes make sense)! While I am all for people doing what makes them happy, particularly when it comes to eating, she is wrong - jam first, then cream as the latter needs to be piled high!

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 14
While I am all for people doing what makes them happy, particularly when it comes to eating, she is wrong - jam first, then cream as the latter needs to be piled high!
I'm sorry about the noisy neighbours, I hope you can get back to sleep! ❤

I never weighed in on the scone "debate" (which is no debate at all). Jam first, then cream, jam is a topping! 🧐 And yes, it allows for adding as much cream as you like. Sali takes these things so seriously it begs to have the air taken out.

Reactions: 6
And a "cosseting" and this gem: "... makes my face feel as though it’s been taken to the opera" 🤪

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
Tatcha is by no one’s measure cheap, but in a beauty world where little is, ...

Oh do duck off. Plenty of cheap options out there. And I don't mean Sali's very own brand!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She really is incapable of reading the room, is she?
From the same edition:
Screenshot_20220514-092829_1652513335892.jpg

Let them eat cake and shmear themselves in Japanese inspired moisturizer.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
What in the word salad is going on with the writing in todays column. Sub editor anyone? Proof reader anyone? Does she sit at her window seat with her nana inspired list of words and shovel them in to the piece? Possibly she will countenance no other way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Thank you for the Marian Keyes gossip, @Expelliarmus. What a horror she is to take that to Twitter in the way that she did. She’s a multi millionaire but goes somewhere she already hates as it’s cheaper than Daniel Galvin which she loves 🤷🏻‍♀️ Think she realised (or her PR told her) that it was not a good look as seemed to be deleting tweets as I was reading them this morning.

Sali and Marian publicly fawned over each other to a nauseating degree a few years ago, and now Maz attempts to destroys Sali’s fave freebie salon and office-in-London on Twitter. Scenes!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I read the Marian Keyes tweets last night. So her issue was...she had to wait? FFS. Welcome to the real world. Also, the way she writes gives me a headache. Salong my arse.

• Haha
  • Sick
Don’t you mean smoosh nor shmear @Filouette? It’s like Sali word bingo today - totally irrelevant as ever (several articles and comment pieces in the guardian about cost of living crisis today) but no, let’s carry on smooshing on glassy shades while pointedly averting our eyes from our bank statements - but including the following gems “cosseting” “decadent” “my face has adored” “dribbling on to my best jamas” (Hush, £99, XXS - also sorry to lower the tone but dribbling onto pjs makes me think of something completely different than camellia cleansing oil) “plumping” “sumptuous” “decadent” and “half arsedly smear at a red traffic light” - although innovating here as thought she only smeared half arsedly on a train (fashion singular)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
I mean if they bumped her appointment because they had someone ‘more important ‘ in, then I would be fewmin too. Still wouldn’t post it all over twitter in an attention seeking way though.

Reactions: 18
I read the Marian Keyes tweets last night. So her issue was...she had to wait? FFS. Welcome to the real world. Also, the way she writes gives me a headache. Salong my arse.
One of the things that made me give up on Hershesons a few years ago (apart from the cost) was the endless waiting. My stylist regularly had 4 of us lined up in a row and flitted between us to try to hide that they'd been overbooked. It was really uncomfortable if I was getting my roots done and there were 2 men and a woman right next to me openly gawping.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.