Sali Hughes #49 Sali Hughes: Lost herself, #founder self

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New thread!

@Jelly Bean please do one of your famous recaps! šŸ™Œ

Thanks to @Valiofthedolls for the title!

Continuing on from here

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Recap(ish).

To start with. 'Genius at shopping'.

L03jOeBl.jpg

Is it just me - or dafuq?

Anyway. Grimly onwards.
Sali's new notcollaboration collaboration (35 iterations in the making. Ffs people she has suffered for this. She cried šŸ¤­ Ah no don't be mean) was launched with a bang. It was a glitzy star studded affair. Claridges in Ould London Town kindly allowed her the use of, well no idea what the duck that was tbh - a very small rather sinister forgotten corridor? Hong Kong Phooeys janitor's cupboard? Doesn't matter. It looked soooo lovely. The funeral parlour theme, complete with flickering candles and dusty drab drapes, was an unexpected touch but oh so chic. There was a roster of big names: Caitlin Moran, Hirons, Claudia Winkleman, Trinny Wotsername, Chloe Simms off of TOWIE Reem!
Sali pulled out all the stops outfit wise for her big day. It isn't everyone who can work a crumpled shroud - but the maverick Estee Lauder Of Our TimesĀ© showed those boring conformists who use irons just where they are going wrong. (Ironing is just not something Sali does OK? Stop asking her. It's all in the book. Just think - What Would Madonna Do? Ironing wise).
To cut to the chase. The products. No idea. They look boring and overpriced to me. Luckily we have an in-house tester @Foxvint who has offered herself. Beef face. We salute you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Recap(ish).

To start with. 'Genius at shopping'.

Is it just me - or dafuq?

Hong Kong Phooeys janitor's cupboard?
1. Itā€™s not just you.
2. Hong Kong Phooey has just ENDED me
3. Why does she look so oddly proportioned again?
4. Am I the only one who lazy read that sweatshirt initially as Maradona College? And do you think she knows Madonna College/university is a real college in Michigan?! And if so, why is she wearing a sweatshirt of a college she didnā€™t go to?! And if not and she thinks itā€™s just ā€œthe Madonnaā€ and bought it without looking it up, what a berk.

ALSO, GLORIOUS recap as always! Mwwwah! šŸ’‹ as your reward, have a ā€œvintage sweatshirt of a real university that you didnā€™t go to* but thatā€™s also HILARIOUSLY the name of something elseā€ with the cachet as the wearer of self-identifying as a daring toothpaste bandit

19C0970A-7167-48DF-9F0E-FEA0AE20AF68.jpeg
*making an assumption based on statistical probability there. If I am wrong, may I poke myself in the eye with a mascara spoolie while doing a beauty ā€œhackā€ and may I ā€œgo greyā€ overnight

ETA Madonna college is about right for her. Sheā€™s certainly putting the hard hours of shopping and acquiring in to go full on Material Girl

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
@Jelly Bean šŸ˜‚šŸ‘Œ

I wish I had screen captured one of Chloe Sim's friends sat in front of Sali's products, it didn't look like a shelf, just an available flat surface. It was a gang of teenagers crashing a drab party vibe, it was all so slightly mickey mouse.

The inset with the sweatshirt design. I originally thought she had taken it from the eBay listing but now I see it's another shot of Herself. šŸ˜„

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Brilliant recap @Jelly Bean and itā€™s not just you. She does look weirdly proportioned - I think the sweatshirt is probably an XXS and she should have sized up by at least 2 sizes.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Brilliant recap @Jelly Bean and itā€™s not just you. She does look weirdly proportioned - I think the sweatshirt is probably an XXS and she should have sized up by at least 2 sizes.
No, because then she can't humble brag about being a size -0. No matter that she doesn't look like she can't move her arms in the sweater, she WILL fit into an xxxxs.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I had to google Hong Kong Phooey and, well, hereā€™s the inspo for her otherwise inexplicable outfit.

2A1CAFEC-FF98-4D20-A9A7-66505E99CF23.jpeg
4717E173-B65A-4388-B536-5E7D18178546.jpeg

(No shade to the actual fashion person on the right. Or the cat.)

(Is there any way to make photos smaller?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Oops, I did it again - am wearing a sweatshirt that is exactly the same colour as Saliā€™s, and have to say that is a gorgeous colour on her. However, mine fits and doesnā€™t have any kind of log/crest/whatever on it. I have to confess a huge dislike of those kinds of sweatshirts anyway, and also band t-shirts as on most, they just look naff, particularly when just that little bit too shrunken (like this one is). With those jeans, an oversized sweatshirt would be better. As ever, the details are not quite right - her jeans are the wrong length and the whiskering makes the jeans seems too tight when the fit is probably ok. But itā€™s not even these things that are the most glaringly obvious thing, itā€™s how awkward and uncomfortable she looks in her own photos that is the most noticeable.

I find it astonishing that for someone who invests so much in her own appearance and clothing, she rarely gets it right.

Reactions: 16
I've only just realised the extent of the massiveness of that shirt.
The strange thing is @dunhill, she used to get it right, I always thought she had great style. I sympathise, I think it's hard being mid-late 40s as you realise that the style you'd had for the past 20 years doesn't work always anymore but you're not sure what does. I used to wear lots of skimpy short tea dresses and even if they still fit, I don't feel right in them anymore. Sali, however, has an enormous budget so a lot more room for manoeuvre than most of us. I also think trying to adopt a style which isn't your own (influencer style in her case) doesn't work as it's not genuine.

Reactions: 19
Yep, itā€™s not meant to be so tight! The fashion has been for years now to go very oversized in hoodies and sweatshirts and literally no one doesnā€™t know this. She either goes full on King size duvet cover or like sheā€™s borrowed a 12 year oldā€™s clothes

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I really disliked her old Mary Janes and tea dresses style but it was very much ā€˜herā€™ and I think sheā€™s struggled to find a style that she identifies so closely with since

Reactions: 17
Whilst Iā€™m here...I got a Cult Beauty ā€˜look whatā€™s new inā€™ email today and saw a purple herbivore retinol product and had to look again as I thought it was one of Saliā€™s. I know another poster has pointed this out but the packaging is SO similar to Herbivoreā€™s but looks much cheaper and less pretty. Revolution have form for copying other brands packaging, eg Cerave recently (and everyone does it to a certain extent, really) but Saliā€™s range really is so basic and unoriginal

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 27
Think tea dresses or just slightly different cuts with her net a porter potential discount would look so chic on her. I get sheā€™s been exploring her new wardrobe freedom post boob-reduction but thought sheā€™d have found a better new style by now

Reactions: 12
Yet another 'feminism and beauty are linked' article. Surely she has written this same kind of thing about 10 times and I haven't read this one but I know it'll be the same talking points again

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 11
whyyyyyy is she still flopping that hair forwards omg

im a broken record because I've commented on it before but I can't handle it, it looks so strange

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.