Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Heidi77

VIP Member
Didn't Joanie go to Terenure College too where there have been loads of cases of sexual abuse

Reactions: 2

Shirley

It doesn’t really work like that, the school board doesn’t get a say in that. Each teacher decides, but they get 6-7 classes/day, so they in turn have to prepare for 6-7 classes the next day. And each teacher gives either homework, or a project as homework. Also, they think that the more you exercise, the better you become so that’s another reason. To be fair, that is true and we live in a country that doesn’t offer much and pur city doesn’t even have decent parks, let alone a musem or nice places to go with the kids, not even for walks. So, it’s either they do their homework or stay on the internet, most of them unsupervised. But yeah, it is very stressful and a lot to do, even when you only supervise.

Also, I forgot to mention. I am a teacher and I learnt one of the best teaching lessons form my English teacher. She’d give us homework, but she was like “I don’t want you to waste your time by staying at your desk and writing something that is boring and won’t help you at all. If you look through the exercises and realise that you can do them tomorrow on the spot, it’s fine. Go read a book, watch a movie, take a nap. If only some seem hard, do those. I want to see what you find hard, what are the mistakes you make, what you don’t understand. I don’t care about hundreds of pages written by you. I want you to be smart.” And I try to teach my students the same thing. If my students also become teachers, things will change with this attitude, as I have fellow colleagues who were inspired by my English teacher and follow in her footsteps ♥
❤❤❤ this is really great. Thank you for sharing.

Reactions: 2