Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Shimmering

VIP Member
He's really getting a roasting on twitter over this. He'll be kicking himself he didn't just beg for untraceable paypal donations like El Grifto Jack Monroe.

Eta: ooooh a crossover! This screenshot is from May. Would love to know what happened to all those PayPal legal fund donations (just kidding, I know what happened to them)

Screenshot_20220716-015008_Twitter.jpg

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

colouredlines

VIP Member
Russ's dad.
So if you search his tweets, you will find literally hundreds of variations on this:

Screenshot_20220717-105401_Twitter.jpg

Seriously. Hundreds. Here's one more, just to add to the career discussion (by started school he means left school. Easy mistake to make, no?):

Screenshot_20220717-105421_Twitter.jpg

Russ's dad was a mechanic at...the BBC?

Screenshot_20220717-105126_Twitter.jpg

He was also unemployed:

Screenshot_20220717-105248_Twitter.jpg

...and poor Russ couldn't go to university despite his "Cambridge grades". Russ, as he never tires of reminding us, left school at 16. So he didn't have Cambridge grades, because he wasn't in school long enough.

Screenshot_20220717-105703_Twitter.jpg

Anyway, back to Dad. He was a humble man...
Screenshot_20220717-105144_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220717-105301_Twitter.jpg

...or was he?

Screenshot_20220717-105224_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20220717-105723_Twitter.jpg

So was he a fitter or a computer engineer? And what about Alan Turing?

Well, Turing famously developed his prototype computer in the immediate post-war years. His tragic death came in 1954.

Russ's dad was young enough to be evacuated during the war:

Screenshot_20220717-105607_Twitter.jpg

This puts Dad at - absolute maximum - 13 in 1939; 19 in 1945 when Turing presented his outline for the computer; 26 in 1952 when Turing was convicted; and 28 when he died.

That's very generous on my part - Dad could have been a lot younger.

So no wonder Russ is so bitter, given that his father was a computing prodigy who worked alongside Turing at such a young age, but ended up a semi-employed mechanic (because Tories).

PS Jack?

Screenshot_20220717-105242_Twitter.jpg

😏

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27

Winthropp Tuesday

VIP Member
  • Haha
Reactions: 26

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
I don’t understand why she’s filed a complaint with West Mids police when she lives in Essex and the author lives in Leicester? Is FBPE geography really this poor or does West Mids have some sort of Grifter Protection Unit tasked with looking after Centrist Twitter figureheads?

The combo of Tanskii, Russ and Jack feels like some kind of horrifying event horizon of lukewarm takes. I find it utterly unbearable that horrors like this are paid to exist.

• Haha

Boogs

VIP Member
At the time of the Honey & Cream blog, Russ had another blog. Honey & Cream links to it, but it has long since been deleted.

Sadly for anyone with a gag reflex, the archives are still up: https://web.archive.org/web/20120312080733/http://heterocephalusgabler.wordpress.com/

Russ loses his virginity:

View attachment 1422296

Russ indulges in some casual bantz about Johnny Foreigner (but it's okay because he's a leftie):

View attachment 1422298

Russ helpfully tells us silly women how we can attract a sex god like him: don't diet, don't wear too much makeup, and be smart (which he defines as: stop watching reality TV and soap operas. I dunno, my dainty little girl brain can't cope with current affairs). This one gets posted in its entirety because it is SO SO BAD. The funny thing is that Russ links to this in a comment on the H&C post shared above, as an example of his skills with nuance.

View attachment 1422309
View attachment 1422310
View attachment 1422311

It's fair to say that Russ is obsessed with anal sex - he mentions it in every post he writes about sex. Which, OK, when I was in my 20s I knew men like that. Russ was in his 40s writing this blog.

...I'm going for a shower.

If I hadn’t already crossed to the dark side this guy would probably push me there.

• Haha

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
I never thought I’d find a social media personality I loathed more than Jack Monroe but by jove, Russ has actually converted me.

• Haha
  • Heart
That fella she's trying to cancel does have a bit of a point about all the stans in the comments trying to ship Tan/Russ, it's so fucking weird. All those doffing hat/mayhap m'lady type people make me feel a bit sick. They're the real wronguns.

Imagine being in an utter rage about someone making "misogynistic vile sexual comments" about you going for a drink with someone who regularly makes actual misogynistic vile sexual comments about women.

• Wow

Cucumberthunder

VIP Member
The way he has said he will donate the equivalent amount when money comes in from his book sales but then is completely and intentionally ambiguous on when that will be… “maybe Oct? May?”

Long enough away he’s hoping people will have forgotten by then.
Tattle never forgets

But at least he's showing transparency that Jack Monroe could never hope to achieve

Boogs

VIP Member
He is vile and his blog shows that he clearly hates women. Did the much younger fiancé become his wife? The impression I got from his numerous derogatory references to sex workers was that he only got laid if he paid for it and was resentful as fuck about that. It’s scary how social media gives a huge platform to people like him.

colouredlines

VIP Member
Re: Russ's impeccable working class credentials.

He has tweeted HUNDREDS of times that he so poor he had to leave school at 16.

Here's an old blog entry I found about how much he hates his more successful brother:

Screenshot_20220717-114508_Chrome.jpg

So...the brother went to university, albeit briefly. Well, surely he must be years younger than Russ then? And the family's financial situation had improved enough by the time he was 16 that he could stay in education?

Nope.

Screenshot_20220717-115011_Twitter.jpg

Russ leaving school at 16 to work in a shop seems more and more like Jack doing the same - not a necessity borne out of poverty at all.

I had never heard of this guy until his name popped up on the Jack threads, but my god, he is just awful, isn't he?

• Wow
  • Haha

Griftymcgriftface

VIP Member
He is definitely the sort of man who smugly tells women he's trying to date (probably too early in the initial conversations) that he enjoys giving oral sex but turns out not to be very good at all.
The thought of that beard is making me want to superglue my legs together

• Haha

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
Middle class is pretty much a meaningless term nowadays. It used to be that working class = low paid, physical work and council housing and middle class = cushy, stable jobs and nice homes. Nowadays, we’re all in the shit. We’ve got teachers and nurses using food banks and problems like housing and living costs affect both groups. And in terms of income, class is quite meaningless. People I know in jobs that Russ would sneer at, like mechanics and electricians, easily out-earn those in ‘middle class’ jobs.

The stuff about his mum never reading a book is just horrible. The implication being that poor little Russ never got taken to a library or museum when he was younger, therefore you can’t criticise him now for being another privileged man on Twitter with shit takes. A lot of us had difficult childhoods. How many of us grow up feeling like things are great and we fit in? But once you get to your 50s it really might be time to get therapy or move on with your life.

• Heart