Ruby Holley

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
šŸ˜‚ just seen on Rubyā€™s story - 1 photo of her wearing an unnamed Lavish Alice item in 2019...and her new line will range between Ā£65-Ā£100...pfft

Reactions: 1
The whole line and promo for it are not her at all. Horrible, all of it.

Reactions: 3
šŸ˜‚ just seen on Rubyā€™s story - 1 photo of her wearing an unnamed Lavish Alice item in 2019...and her new line will range between Ā£65-Ā£100...pfft
Sheā€™s desperately trying to prove that she likes the brand by reposting the few times sheā€™s worn it over the years

Her posts about waring LA previously seem a little desperate. the ad she did with everlane was so much more her usual style.

i think the promo shots for LA make her look very WAG too. Hair extensions and heavy makeup. Almost didnā€™t even look like her

Reactions: 6
I really like ruby and have followed her since she just started out with insta, Iā€™m not really into fashion but always like the chunky jumpers and jeans etc sheā€™s worn.
I feel that this collection is too ā€˜muchā€™ and not a fan of her justifying it not being fast fashion!

I really like ruby and have followed her since she just started out with insta, Iā€™m not really into fashion but always like the chunky jumpers and jeans etc sheā€™s worn.
I feel that this collection is too ā€˜muchā€™ and not a fan of her justifying it not being fast fashion!
Also having looked at LA on glass door, it seems they have a toxic culture in their work place and they have no HR department along with a high staff turnover. For someone like Ruby who is concerned with workers rights(as shown by boohoo) Iā€™m very surprised by this and think sheā€™s just been blinded by the opportunity.

Reactions: 8
Yeh I couldnā€™t believe she was trying to pass it off as ā€˜slow fashionā€™ its just a more expensive version of boohoo or missguided. Considering her stance on boohoo surprised she did this, but I guess money blinds a lot of people.

Reactions: 6
I was watching an older vlog of hers the other day and when I saw her new collection the first thing that came to mind was her trying on this House of CB dress, she really didnā€™t like it because of the puffy sleeves making her shoulders look huge and she doesnā€™t like the shape of the dress at all..
E8DF34A4-CA0A-4BC1-9B08-C92774DE86B6.jpeg

Reactions: 2
I was watching an older vlog of hers the other day and when I saw her new collection the first thing that came to mind was her trying on this House of CB dress, she really didnā€™t like it because of the puffy sleeves making her shoulders look huge and she doesnā€™t like the shape of the dress at all..
View attachment 237205
Didnā€™t age well šŸ˜‚

I have only ever watched her on YouTube but recently unsubscribed as all her videos seemed like desperate haul videos over lockdown. I originally subbed because I liked watching vintage/charity shop hauls and shopping etc but Her recent ones seemed boring.
obviously I could see she had money but didnā€™t know her BF was a footballer which explains a lot, he always seemed miserable and uninterested on her YouTube to me.

Reactions: 4
Anyone watched the video for her LA line?
I watched it earlier. The whole line just does not feel like ā€œherā€, the puffed shoulders just donā€™t seem her style and thereā€™s nothing really on her insta feed that shows sheā€™s even went in for it. Tailored shoulders, yes but puffed shoulders no. The whole range seems quite pricey but I believe Lavish Alice is in general. Quite disappointing looking at the app and noting some of the colour differences of products between the shots of Ruby and then the model shot.... Also disappointing to see the lack of diversity in terms of body shape too on the website. Only seems to be on the pieces that go up to bigger sizes, but feel like all should have it.

I watched it earlier. The whole line just does not feel like ā€œherā€, the puffed shoulders just donā€™t seem her style and thereā€™s nothing really on her insta feed that shows sheā€™s even went in for it. Tailored shoulders, yes but puffed shoulders no. The whole range seems quite pricey but I believe Lavish Alice is in general. Quite disappointing looking at the app and noting some of the colour differences of products between the shots of Ruby and then the model shot.... Also disappointing to see the lack of diversity in terms of body shape too on the website. Only seems to be on the pieces that go up to bigger sizes, but feel like all should have it.
I havenā€™t watched yet but seen a few things sheā€™s posted on her story. Looks like all the other influencers and her mates have already got it. Like I said, not really into fashion but is that normal?

Lavish Alice is supposedly stocked in Harvey Nicks which I think Ruby was hoping would give some kind of premium edge on it was a collab with a high street brand...from what Iā€™ve heard never having bought anything from Lavish Alice Iā€™m guessing itā€™s on par with things like Jarlo London - poorly made, crap quality but inexplicable moderate price tag (Iā€™ve got an unworn Jarlo bridesmaid dress I paid Ā£130 for and itā€™s a rag!)

Itā€™s funny she ended her Collab with nasty gal yet works with Lavish Alice who good on you says to avoid because thereā€™s insufficient info about their supply chains etc
I want to know if all the people she re posted bought the outfits themselves or got them sent for free

I havenā€™t watched yet but seen a few things sheā€™s posted on her story. Looks like all the other influencers and her mates have already got it. Like I said, not really into fashion but is that normal?
Yeah you send things to influencers before a launch so she can repost content/have hype around it. If they receive it the same time as us non influencers, itā€™ll be ā€œtoo lateā€.

It looked like Elle Darby had to look at the label because she forgot rubys name šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ she was like thank you.... (looks at label) ruby!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It looked like Elle Darby had to look at the label because she forgot rubys name šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ she was like thank you.... (looks at label) ruby!
Poor Ruby reposted saying ā€œlove youā€ too so how awks hahaha

• Haha
This is the only thing from her collection I would wear (but not buy lol)
What about everyone else??
There are quite a few things I would wear from her range as I do like that style but 1. Itā€™s quite expensive and 2. No Christmas parties this year and probably no going out in groups of 6 or over so thereā€™s literally no chance to wear them šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.