Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh my god thank you, yes! I've hated these pens after giving into the hype and buying them a few months ago. It's such an irritating feel and not smooth at all. My usual go-to pen is either a Muji 0.38 or a Pilot rollerball V5 so I just assumed it was not the right type of pen for me, but Sarasa attempt was an unexpected let down lol.
I must be the minority I have the zebra sarasa vintage collection and I quite like writing with them though they are not my favorite. I don't like the 0.7 nib the 0.5 are better but thats my preference.

My favourite are more the papermate ink joy and ive never owned the muji pens

Reactions: 3
View attachment 2360271

Ugh, that floor :sick: I'm assuming someone in her family, most likely her mother, is filming this and saw no problem with showing their house in this state. So up to some point, you can say that Rumbster is just used to living in filth and it's normal for her because she was brought up like that. But then... she grows up? she goes to other people's home? She sees other people's home in videos, movies, series etc?? Did she really never notice that nobody has wet, disgusting floor, and grimy countertops, moldy sinks, and smelly sheets????
I thought they are rich, can't they afford housekeeping? Their manor has to be scrubbed top to bottom

Reactions: 7
One thing I have always noticed is that when people do these kind of videos; showing their back to school hauls, decorating hauls, or stationary hauls, they list everything below and include links their viewers can also order them if interested. Not only does she bother to do this out of consideration for interested parties, but she also doesn't answer anyone in the comments who are asking. Pretty rude and selfish of her. So much for her motto of being kind! She is such a hypocrite!
I don’t know, I think this is one of the cases where I'm glad she didn't do that.

It's already a profoundly dumb and lazy video that's completely at odds with the slow-living, old-fashioned, "varry sosstayynabol" vibe she keeps trying to claim she has. It'd be even worse if she shoved a bunch of Amazon affiliate links to £500-2,000 technology everywhere to milk money from gullible young fans rushing to buy expensive things they don't need. She does enough of that already.

She's not recommending things because they're the smartest, most useful or affordable purchase for school, and they’re all brands/products that people are already aware of. Nobody's really going to benefit from these recommendations, and I'm glad there's no links included for her to profit from.

I'm sure she only omitted affiliate links out of laziness and incompetence though rather than a conscious attempt to be less greedy, since she can just never be bothered to update the video decription.

Reactions: 11
Their house is at the dirtier end of the spectrum for what it is (upper middle class, rural heritage property), but I’d say it’s still within the normal range when it comes to the basic fabric of the house. Speaking as someone who’s been in a lot of houses like this, they’re just not normally kept clean to the standard of a new-build or a city property.

But, I still think their household habits are gross when it comes to things like washing up (ugh) and Rubert never changing her sheets. There is an aura of poor hygiene and laziness in how they take care of things that goes beyond the house itself.

Reactions: 21
More OT pen talk -

gel pens -

Pilot G2 .7
Muji classic gel .5 (not the clicky ones which are awful)

ballpoint -

ParkerJotter with refill
Zebra Z grip

Fountain pen-

kawecko sport or the cheap stabilio one (can’t remember the name)
Love my Kawecko sport fountain pen. its my go-to pen for work and it’s a joy to write with.

Reactions: 3
I must be the minority I have the zebra sarasa vintage collection and I quite like writing with them though they are not my favorite. I don't like the 0.7 nib the 0.5 are better but thats my preference.

My favourite are more the papermate ink joy and ive never owned the muji pens
Oh, I would pick papermate ink joys over zebra sarasas any day. They are so much smoother and cheaper too. Color selection is a downsize but my first criterion for a pen is smoothness. If you like finer lines you should definitely try .38 mujis, I think they are not more expensive than sarasas?

I too love kaweco sports! The burgundy one with a burnt orange ink is my favorite everyday combo. I don't have any stabilo fountain pens but Pelikan has this really cheap one, I think they market it for children but its grip is super comfortable, and comes in fun colors. It unfortunately has a really thick stroke but I use it when I am taking long notes because I have a writer's bump that I am trying to keep under control.

Reactions: 2
For me, in the kitchen, it is all the dust crumbs in and around the clutter (endless jars and saucepans and tea towels). It just not a clean place to prepare food (I doubt anyone really cooks though) and it's so chaotic.

I vacuum frequently, mop occasionally, but rarely do I get on my knees to scrub the kitchen floor (maybe twice a year in the corners). It's not a bombsite like their house though. I think the big difference is they just wear whatever footwear inside and trek all this tit in. And the dog. Plus the house is too big for them. I'd hate to be responsible for that house, to be honest. We have three toilets in our place and that's already burden enough.

Pentel Energel is my recommend. Only one that dries quick enough for a fast-writing left hander like me and beautifully pigmented ink. Love the stationery side theme, personally. Ruby's handwriting is both ugly and illegible.

Reactions: 12
The poor food hygiene is what bothers me more than anything else! I’m very sensitive to that and seeing their gross kitchen really gives me the ick.

Reactions: 13
“We NEED to normalise going on rainy walks”…. What?
1EB950F4-7A33-4E5D-9C3B-024F0EF27FD5.png

Since when was going out in the rain not “normalized” for someone who lives in the UK? It literally rains for like half of the year lmao. Either you go out in it or you remain shut in your house all day.
I’ve not been on this thread for a while and haven’t caught up with her, but one look at her tiktok tells me that clearly she’s still an absolute melt lol

• Haha
Reactions: 45
View attachment 2362614
Since when was going out in the rain not “normalized” for someone who lives in the UK? It literally rains for like half of the year lmao. Either you go out in it or you remain shut in your house all day.
I’ve not been on this thread for a while and haven’t caught up with her, but one look at her tiktok tells me that clearly she’s still an absolute melt lol
Tell me you’ve never had to walk to school/work in the rain without telling me you‘ve never had to walk school/work in the rain …

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Eve Bennett did a video last night basically saying she's done with youtube to focus on her journalism career. She said she always knew she never wanted to be a full time content creator and youtube was always just a hobby/side hustle. She seems very mature and grounded compared to the other former studytubers. I wonder if Ruby even wants a career or if she does just want to be an influencer forever. I think she could be ok at it if she focused on quality over quantity, she has found a niche that works for her with the old fashioned English countryside vibe but I don't see how she can sustain it forever if she just keeps recycling content and never improves her editing

Reactions: 24
The poor food hygiene is what bothers me more than anything else! I’m very sensitive to that and seeing their gross kitchen really gives me the ick.
Exactly, when she "washes up" dishes it's like she gives it a cursory once over and thinks it's good enough.

Also, they have a dog. Most people I know with a dog are brushing or hoovering their house AT LEAST once a day, it's like a full time job to remove all the hair. Idk, maybe the dog doesn't shed that much, but dog hair gets everywhere and I wouldn't want to eat somewhere I knew was never brushed up after a dog had been running about the place. (plz don't come for me I love dogs but you do have to clean up after them and I just don't see anyone in that house doing it)

Reactions: 16
I don't blame her parents for the house not being sparkling. You get to a stage of life where it stops mattering so much. The amount of times I've scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees, and where did it get me? You don't eat off the floor. We're obsessed with cleanliness nowadays, largely due to Instagram and TikTok. Aspirational BS designed to make us feel inadequate and spend money on products. Which brings me nicely back round to Rooibos's content.
It’s not about a house being ‘sparkling’ or social media trends but basic hygiene.

Reactions: 16
To some extent, though, there are genuinely different standards of cleanliness expected in different areas of the country and types of home. It’s normal for things to be shabby / grubby and not to be sparkling clean in old, rural houses (I mean if the original building is literally hundreds of years old). That doesn’t even begin to excuse her family’s gross hygiene! As discussed in the thread. But a house like that won’t realistically look like an urban townhouse that’s kept scrubbed-up and fresh.

Reactions: 11
I don't blame her parents for the house not being sparkling. You get to a stage of life where it stops mattering so much. The amount of times I've scrubbed the kitchen floor on my hands and knees, and where did it get me? You don't eat off the floor. We're obsessed with cleanliness nowadays, largely due to Instagram and TikTok. Aspirational BS designed to make us feel inadequate and spend money on products. Which brings me nicely back round to Rooibos's content.
I don't advocate for perfect gram-fit homes but personally I'm not keen on grubby homes. Bones mansion just looks grubby and imo somewhat unhygienic.

Reactions: 7
ruby please do something interesting, for the sake of this thread!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
There is worn and shabby and there is just straight up manky. Nobody is expecting them to renovate the house and make it Mrs. Hinch chic. I appreciate a lived in home and don't expect anyone to scrub their floors on their knees every day. Ruby's house isn't upper/middle class dinghy, it's just gross. Sheets and bedding don't get changed for months, sink and the countertops don't get cleaned, lord knows if their dishes would be washed had they not have a dishwasher. They have rotting, disintegrating indoor furniture collecting mold in their garden, there are constantly dead bugs lying about and they seem to think this to be a quirk, rather than concerning lack of basic hygiene habits. Nobody is arsed about a dusty shelf or two, or some dishes in the sink. That house is never cleaned and it shows.

Reactions: 17
RE Ruby's bedsheets, it could just be that she has multiple sets of identical bedding and so it just looks like it hasn't been changed?

Reactions: 2
View attachment 2362614
This is about as stupid as it gets. Lots of people take walks in rain for fun, swim in the rain, fish in the rain, camp in the rain, ride horses in the rain, walk to school or work in the rain, go trick or treating in the rain. WTF is she even talking about..

Also, she looks horrible in this photo. No colour in her cheeks or lips, just completely drained and looking anemic. She is also starting to look more odd, like something is wrong with her besides her ED. Her eyes go from looking around frantically to listless, she seems to have trouble focusing and expressing herself, like someone who has long since gone over the edge. I wonder if she is realizing Oxford isn't about taking her aesthetic photos, but a very serious time of her life, that I still think is going to be a major struggle for her, not to mention she won't have Blakeney holding her hand. I can just see her mother moving out and sharing a flat with her to babysit her during her Masters degree.

Reactions: 9
Exactly, when she "washes up" dishes it's like she gives it a cursory once over and thinks it's good enough.

Also, they have a dog. Most people I know with a dog are brushing or hoovering their house AT LEAST once a day, it's like a full time job to remove all the hair. Idk, maybe the dog doesn't shed that much, but dog hair gets everywhere and I wouldn't want to eat somewhere I knew was never brushed up after a dog had been running about the place. (plz don't come for me I love dogs but you do have to clean up after them and I just don't see anyone in that house doing it)
Also not to be ✨that guy✨ but if someone living in a council house or poor area had their house or garden in the same state people would say they were gross/neglectful/didn't deserve the house etc etc, rich people can pass off their gross habits as quirky and everyone just goes with it 🫥 imagine a working class mother saying they never clean the house because they would rather drink wine and the backlash it would get 🥴

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.