Ruby Granger #40 Ruby the linguistic terrorist

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
bookish things to do when you’re bored:
- anything except actually read a book

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Her house looks like a weird old lunatic asylum in the Catskills.

Reactions: 5
She completely lost me when she said to wear a long dress while walking around outside, reading a book. I'm not into dressing up like a child playing house, so that was the end of that video for me, and a thumbs down for her and her foolishness.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Loke many of us here on tattle I work so I don't have time to fill my days with meaningless & childish activity. Prancing around the garden wearing a dress? That will be a no from me. Want to know why Rube the tube? I'll tell you it is because I am an adult not an 11 year old.

Edit: Just to add if you're reading this Rubes. Stop this introvert nonsense. You're making a career out of it and it's just irritating. You seem to think this some how makes you different or special in some way. Your activity choices sound like they are for someone lonely with v few friends rather than for an 'introvert'. I think you should ask yourself why you have (apparently) few friends. I would urge you to consider if this is because you present as insincere, superior and condescending.
Funnily enough most people don't like that. It's also hard to respect someone who purports to be so productive yet aside from numerous holidays has seemingly done so little of merit. You could have done so much yet chose to flutter your life away. No wonder you need to make videos about how to curb boredom. You probably are bored. I have a suggestion try reading material for your MA. Having done a MSc. (whilst working btw) I would say read as much as you can when you can. Time to pass those YA fiction & childrens books onto snother little boy or girl who hasn't been as fortunate as you. *hope those reading get the dripping sarcasm there - haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
View attachment 2330105

She just "painted" over and completely ruined this book...
She tried to go full Athelstan here. (from the show Vikings, if you've seen it you'll know what I mean)
---
Just second into the new video. Who is this "we" she keeps talking about? "when we think of relaxation, when we think of free time activities, they do tend to be social things, and it's just not as acceptable tyo decide to do something by yourself for pleasure..."

:m
The royal we? The Papal we?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
She completely lost me when she said to wear a long dress while walking around outside, reading a book. I'm not into dressing up like a child playing house, so that was the end of that video for me, and a thumbs down for her and her foolishness.
Also bold of her to assume people have private gardens to play pretend without getting weird looks from neighbors hahaha

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Also bold of her to assume people have private gardens to play pretend without getting weird looks from neighbors hahaha
Me, imagining the near-retirement guy who lives next door arriving home from work as a foreman on building sites and I'm frolicking like Catherine Earnshaw's ghost in my nightie in my backyard that his verandah basically looks over 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Ruby posted a quote from 1984 as though it were a cheerful ode to the joys of reading. She missed the point entirely and didn't seem to grasp that 1984 is a satire or that the quote wasn't intended as a positive until many people pointed it out to her. Most people quickly realised she hadn't read the book at all.

View attachment 2329086

She got roasted for it and then made it worse with a moronic follow-up post where she confirmed that she hadn't even read 1984, had just grabbed a random quote from Goodreads, and her getting the very clear meaning of Orwell's writing completely wrong was okay ACKSHUALLY, because the quote could be interpreted many ways.

But she hasn't learned from that experience and keeps doing it time and time again. She'll blatantly just Google "literary quotes about [blank]" and slap them on an Instagram post to appear like her mind is an endless stockpile of memorised passages from books she's read, and every time she screws something up and gives away that she never reads any of what she claims.
I'm sorry, but how can she consider herself well read if she hasn't read 1984? It's a very basic classic and I'm surprised she was able to skirt through GCSEs without having read it let alone A-levels

Reactions: 18
I watched that latest and I genuinely don't understand one of her tips. It seemed to be to read a book you like. I might be overthinking it but who needs to be told this?

Reactions: 14
I watched that latest and I genuinely don't understand one of her tips. It seemed to be to read a book you like. I might be overthinking it but who needs to be told this?
It’s probably a novel idea to her, because she’s yet to find a book she actually likes outside of A Little Princess and most of the time she just pretends to read.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
knowing that her mum is the one who films her for these videos give me the ick. It's just so cringe omg

lol oh heyyy bob marly

Reactions: 10
I feel like she keeps saying "over the summer" because she still associates summer with student holidays. Anyone working outside of education wouldn't necessarily always have leave during the summer for long periods (especially at the beginning of one's career). She obviously has too much time on her hands and doesn't know what to do with herself.
Right? Does she think people at regular jobs get summer holidays like schoolkids do? As the newbie at my office I get a whopping 5 days of summer holidays. In September. Crazy isn't it?

why does she make such odd faces at the start of her tiktoks now? i just had one come up on my fyp about her italy trip and she’s doing this really weird shifty eyes/guilty smile combo in the first clip

Reactions: 6
Ah yes, Anne of Green Gables, famous VEEEEGAN baker. No wonder her cakes often failed, there are zero instructions in this recipe as to how to actually make it.

IMG_6991.jpeg

The extent of Ruby’s ineptitude and general stupidity is just baffling to me.

Reactions: 27
Ah yes, Anne of Green Gables, famous VEEEEGAN baker. No wonder her cakes often failed, there are zero instructions in this recipe as to how to actually make it.

View attachment 2332148
It wouldn't be a Ruby cake without being burned to a crisp, either.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Just had a of hers video recommended from 5 years ago, she's been recycling this 'things to do over the summer' for YEARS.

Also the description talking about how she forgot to mention getting a job or volunteering - so privileged.

No way she went on holiday and made a QUESTIONAIRE TO ASK THE LOCALS get a life Ruby

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24

View attachment 2332148
Oh my, the next product to launch on her website is going to be a “cook book” 🤦‍♀️

I honestly don’t know who looks at Ruby’s food and thinks it looks appetising

• Sick
Reactions: 17

View attachment 2332148
The recipe book thing is a shockingly shoddy mess even for Ruby, especially since she's no doubt gearing up try to charge money for this like her bad poems and crappy NAYCHA JARRNAL.

It's a small "RASSIPEE" book to celebrate "FYEEEDS" from literature. There are no instructions in half of them and there's no credit or indication of what book/series the food is from.

She's fucked up the punctuation yet again, putting a full stop outside a quotation for no reason whatsoever.

And nothing makes a food look more appealing than...gloomy photos of gaunt and ghostly Ruby and her dilapidated manor estate?

Also I can't wait for her to get nailed for copyright theft from about 12 different directions if she charges money for this. It's so low effort that I don't think her copying and pasting quotes or scanning pages of food quotes directly from books into a food scrapbook would qualify as a transformative work. Plus she's just copied a bunch of random photos from a Google image search without credit or permission. I'm assuming the recipes were copied from somewhere as well, wherever there wasn't a clear recipe in the book itself?

God, I forgot about those summer projects.

I just pity the poor teacher who probably spent most of their break planning for the new academic year and then on the first day back was presented with an error-filled, all caps 'tourism project' set in Bradley Hand ITC.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.