Robbie Williams Netflix

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just binged watched it. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Robbie looks great, aging quite naturally it appears. Such a contrast to primped and preened Beckham.
Seems to be happy now with his wife and kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just done the same, really enjoyed it. I felt quite sorry for him in parts, he looked like a broken man in the headlights.

You never would have thought backstage that he was pacing around terrified.

I'm glad that he's happy now though.

Reactions: 10
I also thought it was a good watch. You don’t realise how young he was when all that was happening until you see i through our own (older) eyes. I thought Geri came across well in it too.

Interesting bit with Gary Barlow! You could tell Gary hated Robbie.

Reactions: 8
Watching it now loving it
Went see him last year and he was amazing love him
---
Just binged watched it. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Robbie looks great, aging quite naturally it appears. Such a contrast to primped and preened Beckham.
Seems to be happy now with his wife and kids.
He had aged well seen him last year in concert and he seemed happy in his skin
Maybe age thing but he was brilliant

Reactions: 3
I’ve enjoyed it. Just one thing though? Why does he conduct most of it in his pants and vest?!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I enjoyed it too and like the aspect of him watching clips of him as we are watching it and it flicks between the two rather than him sat like an interview chair. The only thing that bugged me was when his daughter came in the first episode and went ‘who did hate the most’. It was so weird and didn’t seem like she asked it genuinely.

Reactions: 5
Interesting take on the doc.
I didn't think it was self indulgent at all - Robbie comes across really well, very honest, likeable, etc. I do agree with the point about how the documentary is limited to Robbie discussing his own relationship with fame rather than his music (which I think that was a mistake - he has some great tunes!). But overall, a good doc, well done Robbie. The Guardian being a bit nasty here.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I’ve binged watched it but feel I need to watch again.
You forget how young he was, a lot happened in a short space of time.

Just read a GQ article that guy chambers has shared on X/Twitter (sorry can’t link but easy to search)
Nice interview, honest.
Can not believe how much he has aged though!!!!! I thought he was around the same age as Robbie- they seemed so in the doc- but he looks like hime could be hisDad now! No hate- still stylish & a great songwriter/musician and humble about his past.

I teach film at A Level and enjoyed this style of documentary. I showed a few clips in class as we are studying’Amy’ by Asif Kapadia and there was a bit about press intrusion/fame/escaping abroad that was familiar. The students felt it was interesting to see the narrative played out by the main person essentially watching the documentary themselves.
We all agreed we wouldn’t want to watch back on our lives that way so hats off to him!

I enjoyed it too and like the aspect of him watching clips of him as we are watching it and it flicks between the two rather than him sat like an interview chair. The only thing that bugged me was when his daughter came in the first episode and went ‘who did hate the most’. It was so weird and didn’t seem like she asked it genuinely.
I’m watching it now and that’s the bit where I had to stop the episode. What a weird thing to include, since it’s so obvious it was a scripted question. To use the child for that is…a choice. We all knew the answer and reason.
Other than that it’s heartbreaking to see (incredibly) young Robbie not being able to deal with all the fame and pressure. I don’t think he’s ever said anything negative about his parents‘ role in all this (or has he?), but I do think they’ve let him down majorly at that stage of his life. Just imho, of course.

I’m watching it now and that’s the bit where I had to stop the episode. What a weird thing to include, since it’s so obvious it was a scripted question. To use the child for that is…a choice. We all knew the answer and reason.
Other than that it’s heartbreaking to see (incredibly) young Robbie not being able to deal with all the fame and pressure. I don’t think he’s ever said anything negative about his parents‘ role in all this (or has he?), but I do think they’ve let him down majorly at that stage of his life. Just imho, of course.
Yes that was totally contrived!

Reactions: 1
I said the exact same about his parents while I was watching it. Who was looking out for him at 16?!

My son is 15 and I cannot imagine him dealing with anything like that.

Reactions: 5
I thought that afterwards there was no family imput at all. his dad was fairly involved with him years ago i think. he also has a sister. i wonder wer they asked to take part at all

Reactions: 2
whatever happened with the rumours about him and his wife trying to get their staff to swing with them
i can't quite remember what the story was, but it's all i could think about when watching it

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Absolutely loved this documentary. As a girl from Stoke on trent and a similar age to Rob I found it so emotional and eye opening.
I didn't realise just how dark it got for him, and how he struggled with so many aspects of fame and his self worth.
It made me appreciate just how much of your soul it must take to get on stage and perform. I felt so sorry for him, half the time he looked like a rabbit trapped in the headlights and I felt like I wanted to go into the camera and pull him out.
It was nice to see a happy ending though as most of these stars usually have a more tragic ending.
I felt like his emotions watching it back were totally genuine and he was being authentic with it, it felt much more honest than the Beckham doc.

also would like to add, i saw Robbie last year when he came back home to Stoke and did a one off show and he was absolutely fantastic live.

Reactions: 8
I really enjoyed it. I realise now how young he was at the height of fame and he clearly wasn’t emotionally equipped for it. Where were his parents? Or were the management so in control they didn’t get a say?
I felt bad for Guy Chambers but I think it was just part of trying to take control of himself for once.
it’s nice to see him happier and settled now although I think he still battles his demons.
I didn’t like his daughter coming in asking strange questions though but overall it was a good watch
And much more honest and authentic than the sugar coated Beckham PR fest they recently produced.

Reactions: 4
He's talking on Instagram about inviting his daughter on stage with him 🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 1