Richard & Judy

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I found it difficult to watch at times because I almost felt sorry for Judy. I felt like she didn’t want to be there but Richard convinced her it would be a good idea.

I do have to say though that i would rather watch them then ‘fake and faker’ any day. Eamon and Ruth should present the Monday to Thursday then have different presenters each week for the Friday slot.

I've downloaded itv player just to watch this from the start, it's very watchable. No wonder they only stood in for one day.

Have they explained Judy's speach? It's like she's still anaesthetised from having a couple of root canals.

Love this what from Judy
View attachment 87081
:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 7
Does anyone know why they were presenting? I’m watching it now. I thought Judy wasnt speaking properly, like she had new teeth

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know why they were presenting? I’m watching it now. I thought Judy wasnt speaking properly, like she had new teeth
Because Holly and Phil were off that week so Eamon and Ruth did mon-thur so Richard & Judy did Friday what Eamon and Ruth usually do.

Judy absolutely doesn’t want to be there.

And for whatever reason whether ill health or alleged alcoholism or simply old age, she can’t handle live tv anymore, she’s not up to it. You can see she has no confidence in the process, she doesn’t know what’s happening at times, and clearly would rather be anywhere else.

Reactions: 6
Aw, can't believe I missed R&J back on the telly. I even watched their Channel 4 show but even then I worried about Judy's health/nerves/whatever is going on. Hope I get to catch them next time. Is this going to be a regular thing?
I’m sad I missed them too, wish I’d known in advance. Watching catch up doesn’t seem quite the same. I used to LOVE the channel 4 show, for all its tea time niceness there were usually a couple of unintentional hilarious moments per episode. I’m sad to hear Judy went on tv in a bad way, that seems very neglectful....I hope she’s ok.

I used to be obsessed with Richard and his awfulness. Because it was hilarious, partridge had nothing on him. I collected a bunch of his best quotes on my Facebook page around 2007. Amazingly, tho I rarely go on there let alone look at my profile,they are still there.

I hope it’s not in bad taste to share now (because of Judy). I didn’t see the show so don’t know how bad she was but if anyone is upset, we will make sure it’s deleted. But I don’t think any of this is too related, it’s more just showing what a prat Richard madeley is:

"There's not many things nicer than seeing an older woman skipping."

"I really love ducks - they've always got a smile on their face."

"Frankly, I don't think that what we see on television is
erotic enough. I haven't seen a sex scene on television recently that has remotely turned me on. And I've been there till 4am waiting for it."

To a mother, talking about infanticide:
"How were you going to do it? A pillow over the face? That sort of thing?"

To a child of ten who had to wear an enormous neck and head brace as a result of some hideous spinal disease: "Hey! You look just like Buzz Lightyear!"

To Jade Goody: "You're quite sharp. It's just that in the pure sense of the word, you're ignorant."

Having watched a clip of a man struggling horribly with his stutter, Madeley turned to him and enthused: "You looked as if your head was going to come off!"

Interviewing a teenage anorexic :
"5 Stone? Wow that's concentration camp thin that is"

To Bill Clinton re Monica Lewinsky episode: "I was in a similar position to you. I was accused of shoplifting. But unlike you, I knew I was innocent."

Richard: How old are you now? 18?
Nicholas Hoult: No I'm 17
R: Really, I thought you were 18
N: Nope
R: But you're nearly 18 though, aren't you?
N: Actually I've just turned 17
R: Oh, oh right...well I suppose I'll have to take your word for it.

During an interview with somebody else, turning to Judy, "Do you remember that soup I made last week? Absolutely horrible. Had to throw it in the garden."

To Tracey Emin on looking good for her age:
"No seriously Tracey, I'm not bullshitting. Oh. I've just sworn. Oh well. But you do look fantastic"

Judy (to young actress): Now this film is set in 1994 when you would have been, what, 4?
Actress: 7, actually
Richard: Ha ha, she failed maths. She did, she did
Judy: Yes, I failed O level maths. Thank you Richard.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 92
I’m sad I missed them too, wish I’d known in advance. Watching catch up doesn’t seem quite the same. I used to LOVE the channel 4 show, for all its tea time niceness there were usually a couple of unintentional hilarious moments per episode. I’m sad to hear Judy went on tv in a bad way, that seems very neglectful....I hope she’s ok.

I used to be obsessed with Richard and his awfulness. Because it was hilarious, partridge had nothing on him. I collected a bunch of his best quotes on my Facebook page around 2007. Amazingly, tho I rarely go on there let alone look at my profile,they are still there.

I hope it’s not in bad taste to share now (because of Judy). I didn’t see the show so don’t know how bad she was but if anyone is upset, we will make sure it’s deleted. But I don’t think any of this is too related, it’s more just showing what a prat Richard madeley is:

erotic enough. I haven't seen a sex scene on television recently that has remotely turned me on. And I've been there till 4am waiting for it."

To a child of ten who had to wear an enormous neck and head brace as a result of some hideous spinal disease: "Hey! You look just like Buzz Lightyear!"

To Jade Goody: "You're quite sharp. It's just that in the pure sense of the word, you're ignorant."

Having watched a clip of a man struggling horribly with his stutter, Madeley turned to him and enthused: "You looked as if your head was going to come off!"

To Bill Clinton re Monica Lewinsky episode: "I was in a similar position to you. I was accused of shoplifting. But unlike you, I knew I was innocent."

During an interview with somebody else, turning to Judy, "Do you remember that soup I made last week? Absolutely horrible. Had to throw it in the garden."

"No seriously Tracey, I'm not bullshitting. Oh. I've just sworn. Oh well. But you do look fantastic"

Judy (to young actress): Now this film is set in 1994 when you would have been, what, 4?
Cracking up!! 😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Judy absolutely doesn’t want to be there.

And for whatever reason whether ill health or alleged alcoholism or simply old age, she can’t handle live tv anymore, she’s not up to it. You can see she has no confidence in the process, she doesn’t know what’s happening at times, and clearly would rather be anywhere else.
She's only 71, so not ancient.
Joan Collins is 87 and still sharp as a tack.
I'll stick my neck out and say alchoholism. Certainly doesn't come across as dementia.
Whatever, she shouldn't have been hauled out to present.
Painful to watch.

Reactions: 7
She maybe thought it was a great idea till it came to actually doing it. It was lovely seeing them and rather nostalgic. The feet thing was disgusting.

I am surprised there hasn’t been a comedy loosely based on these two , the idiot and his long suffering wife ! I had a soft spot for Judy sad to see her looking so lost , Richard as charming 😂 as ever ! I can’t stand any of these programmes or presenters they are beyond fake and so middle classed or the token loud mouth commoner thrown in ( Colleen , Denise ) oh but the very worst is nadia sawalha i will never understand how her and Kay Addams are friends I have a lot of respect for Kay

Reactions: 11
I think Judy wanted to give up TV decades ago, and he doesn't want to give it up.

She didn't look any more happy than usual to be on TV.

The mail chooses this photo with the shady: A third gushed: 'So nice to see them back on TV #RichardandJudy Richard looks like he never ages!'

View attachment 86757
She looks scary!! What the hell has happened to her?

Reactions: 4

😂😂😂😂😂 Love these quotes 😂😂😂😂😂

I was a mature student, part time working, mother of four so didn't often watch TM when they presented, but it didn't take long for me to start shouting at the TV whenever Richard would start talking and empathising, particularly on "women's problems". I was and am still not a big swearer, but I just couldn't help shouting at him to shut up and that that he was a t**t (a word I hate but seemed particularly apt for him) to the shock and amusement of my family, every time I saw him on TV (although I have since heard him presenting on radio whilst I was driving and was pleasantly surprised to find I quite enjoyed it).

I think it was Jim Davidson (not that I am a fan, but this is so spot on) who said of Richard at the time that all he was missing was a womb 😂🤦😂🤦😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I have a soft spot for Judy too. She looks like Daniella Westbrook’s mother though.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I have to say I really like Judy. The poor woman is torn apart for her looks and manner constantly- but she is very sharp and intelligent. In fact, one of very few women on tv that isn't on tv purely due to her looks. I would love her and Richard to come back. He is so entertaining without meaning to be. How she puts up with him, I do not know!!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I have a horrible feeling she won't be with us too much longer.
She's very frail, whatever the cause.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I have to say I really like Judy. The poor woman is torn apart for her looks and manner constantly- but she is very sharp and intelligent. In fact, one of very few women on tv that isn't on tv purely due to her looks. I would love her and Richard to come back. He is so entertaining without meaning to be. How she puts up with him, I do not know!!
I agree, I really like Judy as a presenter, though over the years, nerves or ill health or whatever it's been has made her shy away from TV presenting. Almost as though she's lost her confidence. I wonder if Richard egged her into doing their recent This Morning reappearances, as I get the feeling she just can't be arsed with live TV and the relentless schedules any more.

I just love her drawing daggers at Richard all the time and the slight bickering that goes on. It's (unintentionally) entertaining and they are the original and best.

Used to love watching Richard & Judy on Channel 4 as well! This Morning isn't the same without them on every day, but health comes first.

How she looks shouldn't matter, it doesn't to me, but maybe she gets a hard time because (I'm guessing) even nowadays, the TV executive world is probably male-dominated and the hiring and firing is dictated by their mindset.

I hope she's okay.

Reactions: 5