Rhitrition

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It really annoys me when people over sing nursery rhymes! It’s round and round the garden it’s not that deep!
But she trained as an opera singer don't cha know?! 🙄...just leave the poor boy to eat in peace- performative parenting at its worst

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Exactly! ‘Look I’m so fun I sing songs and tickle my child and I’m definitely not uptight about his schedule and that he didn’t nap earlier!’

Reactions: 4
Oh god that singing video has just made me cringe right in on myself. I can sing (I'm not classically trained dahling, nor is it ever going to be a career, but I've performed in some quite amazing venues) and whenever I sing nursery rhymes to my boy I always under-sing it, if that makes sense, because that's how they're supposed to be sung! They're just silly rhymes set to a simple tune, that anyone can enjoy and take part in. It doesn't have to be an opera.

It's like when you go to karaoke and there's always one person who can sing and they get up and do a proper 'performance'. That's not the point of karaoke! The point is to be tit and have a laugh!

Reactions: 9
Oh god that singing video has just made me cringe right in on myself. I can sing (I'm not classically trained dahling, nor is it ever going to be a career, but I've performed in some quite amazing venues) and whenever I sing nursery rhymes to my boy I always under-sing it, if that makes sense, because that's how they're supposed to be sung! They're just silly rhymes set to a simple tune, that anyone can enjoy and take part in. It doesn't have to be an opera.

It's like when you go to karaoke and there's always one person who can sing and they get up and do a proper 'performance'. That's not the point of karaoke! The point is to be tit and have a laugh!
She didn’t get the memo. She IS stiff and doesn’t know how to have a laugh.

Reactions: 1
Her latest stories about tv watching. Blimey my kids are f**ked! 😂
Exactly!
So she's never ever going to let Z have more than 10 mins of screen time.....okaaaay then 🤣😂..come back when he's a teenager eating maccies and hating veggies and tell me that ....but remember she's non judgy 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 3
‘I’m not being judgy’ is always a sign that you are about to be judgy. Ten minutes of TV and she doesn’t plan on doing it again? Good one Rhi,way to isolate your kids when they get to nursery and haven’t a clue who Hey Duggee or Peppa Pig is(not saying plant your kid in front of the tv all day but it’s not the bleeping devil).Also noticed in her breast feeding post that she said ‘almost a third of women never even attempt it’ which sounds judgey as hell to me (I ‘never even attempted’ with my second and won’t be with my third).

Reactions: 7
‘I’m not being judgy’ is always a sign that you are about to be judgy. Ten minutes of TV and she doesn’t plan on doing it again? Good one Rhi,way to isolate your kids when they get to nursery and haven’t a clue who Hey Duggee or Peppa Pig is(not saying plant your kid in front of the tv all day but it’s not the bleeping devil).Also noticed in her breast feeding post that she said ‘almost a third of women never even attempt it’ which sounds judgey as hell to me (I ‘never even attempted’ with my second and won’t be with my third).
She’s very judgey. It’s almost like she does it to stand out, thinking she is “better than” and morally elite.

I remember hearing her a few years back sounding VERY judgey on a podcast or interview discussing Mc D’s and sounding really smarmy and stuck up, saying it was greasy and smelly 🙄. Yeah it’s not a salad but she was blatantly scorning it. What does that say to her clients who might have it on the odd occasion?!

She just can’t help herself. In many areas she wants to seem “better than”…and she’s forever trying too hard.

Reactions: 2
Did you see her food shaming her husband last week? That was not nice at all.

Did you see her food shaming her husband last week? That was not nice at all.
What was he eating/what did she say?

(I’m not asking what he ate to gauge if there was good reason for her to shame as it’s never ok.. just curious because it says a lot about her)

She showed his plate and said there was loads of mashed potato on there, enough for 4 to 5 portions or something like that!

• Sad
It must be an exhausting life when all you can think of when you look at someone else's plate is 'imagine the calories' or 'those portions look too big'. She can't help but pass judgement, makes you wonder what she's like in her clinic.

Didn't see her comments about screen time but I'm sick of it being demonised. My son gets screen time when we need 10 minutes to do something, and he's also starting to sit down and watch things with us. He's been watching the Olympics with us this week, shouting GO GO GO! when the athletes set off. It's not all passive zombies zoning out in front of a cartoon, I'll always maintain there's a lot to be gained by watching TV if you're sensible about it with kids.

Reactions: 5
It must be an exhausting life when all you can think of when you look at someone else's plate is 'imagine the calories' or 'those portions look too big'. She can't help but pass judgement, makes you wonder what she's like in her clinic.

Didn't see her comments about screen time but I'm sick of it being demonised. My son gets screen time when we need 10 minutes to do something, and he's also starting to sit down and watch things with us. He's been watching the Olympics with us this week, shouting GO GO GO! when the athletes set off. It's not all passive zombies zoning out in front of a cartoon, I'll always maintain there's a lot to be gained by watching TV if you're sensible about it with kids.
My kids loved watching discovery channel when they were little- especially ' crocodile Hunter' Steve Irwin and Shark Week as well as good old David Attenborough documentaries
Som went off to study Geography and Environmental Science at Uni so something must have sparked his interest!
..I also loved watching MTV with them as well 🤣...at least it got them up and dancing so that's got to be good - right? ( none of this performative music class that she go to with Z and spends the time filming him with false laughter)
As an aside, eldest daughter has 2 very good friends from school ( very normal kids from local comprehensive in rural part of Wales) who are training to be an opera singers
1 is a mezzo soprano and has already appeared at Glyndebourne and has one prizes at the Eisteddfod ( Welsh cultural festival) and the other is a Baritone who is currently touring in Europe ....wonder why Rhi couldn't make it after such a glittering start to her career?

Maybe if you have to give people guidance on the basics of applying for a job you probably shouldn’t be attempting to recruit directly from
your Instagram followers? If you are getting CVs that are so badly formatted you can’t read them it doesn’t really fill me with confidence that her clinic is going to be filled with the best people?
At this point I think I’m more likely to use a business with a reduced social media present as it tells me they are focussing on the important stuff, not audience engagement

• Heart
Maybe if you have to give people guidance on the basics of applying for a job you probably shouldn’t be attempting to recruit directly from
your Instagram followers? If you are getting CVs that are so badly formatted you can’t read them it doesn’t really fill me with confidence that her clinic is going to be filled with the best people?
At this point I think I’m more likely to use a business with a reduced social media present as it tells me they are focussing on the important stuff, not audience engagement
Agree. Social media presence does not dictate the credibility of a health service. I don’t think I’d take her or her services seriously. A couple of the dietitians in her clinic yes (the nutritionists I do know of at her clinic are “meh”), but then I’d probably just contact the dietitians directly then.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
What was he eating/what did she say?

(I’m not asking what he ate to gauge if there was good reason for her to shame as it’s never ok.. just curious because it says a lot about her)
He was eating a packet of mashed potato that was enough for 4 people apparently and two breaded chicken steaks and “you wouldn’t believe he was married to a registered nutritionist” with a tut and an eye roll.

• Wow
What the hell is this real feed nonsense? Surely she’s not saying that breast feeding is real feeding (as opposed to bottle feeding)
It looks like an old Elvie campaign. Obviously not researched why she's sharing it because it first started going around in March.

He was eating a packet of mashed potato that was enough for 4 people apparentl and two breaded chicken steaks and “you wouldn’t believe he was married to a registered nutritionist” with a tut and an eye roll.
Her behaviour disgusts me. Urgh! If that’s her thoughts on her husband and she does that publicly, can you imagine the judgement when she speaks to clients of which most will be vulnerable? 🚩Red flag.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.