Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

greenglasgrass

Omg was anyone at an event in Galway about a year n half ago. Connacht Gold “have it all” or something it was called. Retro Flame was guest of honour and they made a big hoohaa promoting her (I’d never heard of her). She got flown home, put up in the swanky galmont hotel, spa treatments the lot. She was absolute cringe tho at the event! She is a terrible public speaker everything was “like” “am”. She kept promoting some second hand website and tried to flog her own stuff on there. She was to give Christmas outfit ideas and had models with outfits on and she couldn’t remember where any of the dresses were from or the price ... turns out they were mostly her second hand ones! She was cringe loads of people got up and left towards the end. The Skin Nerd also was doing the event (although not the guest speaker) and she was amazing (again, I’d never heard of her). She was very clear and concise and gave practical advice, used her mic time wisely. Retro flame was like a little spoiled girl at a birthday party! It was so awful, raging I spent 40euro on a ticket! I remember she started with “I suppose everyone wants to know how I got where I am today” and most people didn’t know who she was. She never actually started with what she does. So we were left in the dark wondering who she was basically

• Haha
Reactions: 13

raryrary

VLOGMAS, walk on the beach, free food hawking around the kingdom with mom and dad, pics of the obese family dog, COCKTAILS, trip to cork, trip to Kildare village, driving into Killarney to get WiFi to upload those videos of the walk on the beach, NAILS. Trip to Europe with mom and dad to somewhere popular( this has always been on my list..), Aer lingus check in, NY skyline, ICED coffee, gym, Italian place, mexican place, Central Park, more ICED coffee, weekend away to <insert US state>, Lebanese place, Coachella, video of my capsule wardrobe, new lamp, new candles, pasta in jars. REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT.
This is one of the funniest and most apt posts I’ve read on tattle 😂😂😂

• Haha

Jackjack38

VIP Member
Lads could you imagine being a taxi driver in NYC and constantly seeing Erica stood in the middle of a crossing flicking the hair in her off white ensemble trying to get the shot!!! 😂😂

• Haha

Peppy23

god...her and kaelin are insufferable yet i still follow. would love to know what tommy and david do for work
I unfollowed Kaelin when she started posting stupid pictures with the hashtag #kreatewithkaelin. It seems like they never work and they are always “getting away from the city” for the weekend

Missheg

Had to unfollow during covid as retro was so monotone, dreary and boring...actually she’s always been like this but lockdown has made it very obvious how little personality she has
I checked out her stories yesterday and she continues to overuse the sentence “if that makes sense“ about basic concepts. It’s most overused phrase by these dumb bloggers.
Example.yesterdays stories about the new shampoo she’s using “my hair goes lighter in the summer, I like it more vibrant....if that makes sense.”🤬....Jee does that make sense....wow such a deep thought, let me think about that...

• Haha
  • Heart

shins

I think a lot of the 9/11 posts are very performative from everyone on social media, not just influencers. I'm fucking sick of people posting a picture of them at the memorial the one single time they were in NYC. If everyone who posted to remember 9/11 actually donated to the 9/11 fund which helps first responders and families of those killed, there would be millions raised but no, it's all about posting that one pic for the gram.
It was a horrific day and it's been horrific for the families of everyone involved for 19 years. There are so many atrocities that have happened since then and as a result of that day -- who is posting about those? No Irish influencer ( open to any corrections on this) posts pictures of Omagh every August to remember the bombing...and yet we go about our daily lives not complaining about it. Coronavirus is still rampant over here, so very unlikely there'll be the same level of remembrance ceremonies this year. People can remember in their own way, they don't need to be so public about it.
She posted about BLM when it was all over the news and now nothing -- that's disappointing, I'd prefer to see her really put some effort into education herself and her followers on that movement than just post a picture of the twin towers with #neverforget

It's Erika's birthday today and I do think she's entitled to celebrate that without being called out for not posting a stock photo that everyone posts.

• Heart

Mona86

VIP Member
Can’t cope with the drab nudes/black/white young got iced coffee/ look at my vlog 🙄/ snoozefest honestly I wouldn’t use a swipe up from her if she had the lotto numbers

• Haha

Scrk1994

She or the sister are reading here, anything to be ReLAtaBLe.

She's selling a false dream about New York. How many young ones have gone over thinking it'll be the gossip girl lifestyle, based on the shite she posts, and getting a land when they arrive?

Not everyone has mammy and daddy to prop up the iced coffee/tommyyyyyy?/ Just found the nicest place in the hamptonsssssss?/just popped in an uberrrrrr?/just went for a scan with my private health insuranceeeeeeee? lifestyle.

To add - Rosemary MacCabe explained how shit it is trying to get insurance in the states, but sure Retro pops into the doc when she has a fart she can't push out 🙄 she always struck me as a hypochondriac, she pulls out the being ill card a few times a year, Tommy is a slave for her, and then she miraculously is away and drinking rosé again 🙄 it's all for views

Last edited:
  • Haha

irishjen

VIP Member
Watching the beg of "This is 40" (hate the movie) but yer wan main female lead mentioning getting older & "I don't want to be an Anne Taylor.." basically saying it's for ole wans & there is yer wan not even 30 decked out in it.

• Haha
Reactions: 12

LMJ

VIP Member
jumped on to say i also unfollowed her tonight. She is all about the money and nothing else. I actually thought she was quite cool and classy at one point but oh how my eyes have been opened. She bought her way into the influencer lifestyle, has mammy and daddy bank rolling her fake life and now just showed how low she will stoop. She is no influencer she doesn't even have much of a genuine audience really. can't see her and her sister lasting much longer to be honest....a year maybe two tops.

Rosielite

Chatty Member
Kaelin I heard actually works a bar job? Dunno if true though.

Not to mention that mammy and daddy were in the papers a few years ago 5m in unpaid debts....

• Wow

Heywhatssssup

I used to be a big fan of Retro Flame back in the day. I have unfollowed her as she’s just no longer relatable with her ridiculous amount of designer gear or ‘pieces’ as she likes to call them. There is no way she can afford the apt, full time staff, fancy holidays, fancy meals and all the designer gear from a following of 156k on Instagram. Doesn’t add up.

I feel like she’s lost herself, comes across too uptight, takes herself waaaay too seriously and the American lift at the end of every word is unbearable.

She used to be good pals with an American blogger LisaD, always seemed to be hanging out and then she dropped off the face of the earth. Found that odd. There was some cloak and dagger comment about not trusting ppl, but we will never know what happened there I guess. Ever since then it seems to be the Irish crew. I’d say she’s no craic anyway on a night out lol.

My pet peeve about her was she used to always wear white ankle socks with her black trainers. Every time. Always cracked me up. Does she know black socks exist, she’s supposed to work in fashion lol.

Scrk1994

Does anyone remember (last year I think?) when someone posted on an Instagram picture of hers. They were saying how they had been following her for years, since she lived in Ireland, and how unrelatable she had become. There was uproar over it, she made out that she was being cyber bullied or something. She can't take any form of criticism at all, and given the industry she is in she would want to get used to it. I bet she deletes all negative comments.
I messaged her when she came out with that bullshit statement about BPerfect - I wasn't aggressive or attacking, just said I was really disappointed with her response and keeping the BA role, and that I had to unfollow out of principle.
She messaged back straight away accusing me of being a bully 🤣

Her head is in the clouds, and God forbid anyone tries to question her bolloxology.
She'll be irrelevant very shortly so more fool her.

peachypoo

Hello! first post here so please be gentle with me :p Been lurking for a few weeks and I am LIVING! Retro has gone to pot in the last few years. I used to follow her avidly around Christmas 2017 and early 2018 but I just ended up feeling like shit about myself with all the wealth being flaunted everywhere and her curating her to life to absolute perfection all the time so I unfollowed.

Recently lurked her account after coming across this thread and my god the shite on it! ALso, is it just me or does anyone else not buy the stories from yesterday? "Oh I needed a desk to fit this corner and I just HAPPENED to find this one in the neighbourhood on Facebook Marketplace for $40 ... can you believe CB2 has an identical one I was eyeing!". Oh yeah Erika; mint condition, perfectly sized for your corner AND thrifted?Come on. We weren't born yesterday and we all know you are a brand-new-or-bust kinda gal. She definitely lurks here and this just struck me as an overt attempt to be more relatable and 'sustainable' when she's anything but.

Anybody know what actually happened between erika and niamh o sullivan, they used to be very close but now they don't even follow each other.

I feel for Tommy, he is a lovely lad I know him with years, his from a farming back round (his dad used to rent the farm beside my house). All his family are typical country people very genuine and very easy going. Can't imagine Erika having too much in common with them!

Also, look at this giant clown foot in the latest #summertoadtrip (sic) 🐸 post. What a weird camera angle / elongation effect...! :ROFLMAO:
I've met her in person and she is tiny, so petite also. There's no way her legs are that long ! She's l5'5" at a push I'd say. ( I'm 5'10 so to me she looked tiny anyway 😂)

Back with another $200 Ann Taylor outfit 🙄
Has anyone watched the very first episode of Selling Sunset ?! One of the first insults dished out by Christine was how she'd like to get Chrishelle out of her Anne Taylor outfit 😂 thought of retro and tattle straight away!

• Haha

KerryGirl2020

Defo not funded by parents, I think people under estimate how much money these people get for posts!! Also Retro mentioned in that past that her Irish audience is very appealing to US brands and her reach is greater than other US bloggers on same follower numbers. So I imagine she uses that angle to drive up her rates. Is she managed by any Irish agencies or exclussively US?
110% funded by their parents. The parents are as shady as feic-they have Erika & Kaelin listed as directors of a company and are paying them a wage for that title. Do you really think they are making enough on their own to fund that lifestyle, not a snowman's chance in hell.

• Wow