Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

dco1987

I literally came back for the Retro content. I’m actually surprisingly happy for her. Like yeah, she wants to be a Charlotte, not a Carrie. But they’ve been together since school, broke up, got back together and have done the whole thing. I’m getting married in 4 weeks, so maybe I’m overly sentimental. I’m actually getting married in Kerry and yes, it will sicken me if she gets a sponsored deal with a 5* when we are paying ourselves with no sponsor from parents or the local Indian takeaway. Saying that- I think they’re happy. I think he might have a lot to do with none of the apartment on show anymore, she probably did get a job. Just wish she’d be honest about it. Now I know finance earns the big bucks- but I doubt he’s on Mr Big money. God the mother will be insufferable. I think Kaelin was probably the only way they were going to keep this a secret and out of her controlling ways. She was tagging Loulerie before the proposal so really do think it was a surprise. Fuck it- god speed. There’s worse out there- at least she doesn’t pretend to wear Primark when she’s actually rocking Prada. Retrozilla content on the way!!

Reactions: 19

dee_mc

VIP Member
Ah happy for her in fairness - and if Tammy really did set all that up (obviously with Ketamine's help) then fair play to him, very well played!

• Haha
Reactions: 18

New-Yark

Any chance she’d tell us where Tammy had the hair transplant? I need to send my fella for one …

Can we have a discount code? #retro30

• Haha
4 away again together. Nothing more romantic than coming in from a day in the snow, sitting down beside the fire with a warm drink.... And looking at your sister and her BF for the 14th holiday this year.

(disclaimer I didn't actually count how many trips away they've had together this year 😜)

• Haha

dco1987

When we got our engagement rings (two ladies that we are), I was shocked at how gawdy some of them were. We are normal people- fortunate to have good jobs etc but our choice of ring had nothing to do with price (obviously only so high we can afford) but all on appearance and personal taste. Some people love that big Kardashian rock type thing. And I mean some of them were like costume jewellery but big sellers.

No, her ring is not what I’d call classic- it looks like a “status” ring to me. Bigger the rock/more loaded we are kinda vine. I’m surprised- thought it would be a solid Tiffany rock. Simple but clearly quite a few months/years salary. But it’s not a proposal ring- so it must be to her taste. I can’t help but think of Samantha in SATC helping Aidan pick the ring. Kaelin probably helped him pick it- based on the hundreds Retro had tried in the background. Retro obviously wanted a “rock” and a rock she got.

I really just wish she’d open up and tell the fucking truth. Love or loathe her- Louise said how hard NYC was- especially with a small following compared to the big dogs. Retro doesn’t do Primark- she’s a high end lover- it’s going to be impossible for her to break into that market- no matter how much she tags Tiffany sunglasses. So just say look- “I’m doing this now too to pay the bills- It’s why I don’t post so much anymore”. Now unless she’s using her “extraordinary ability” to work for a firm and do their socials and it’s all visa related. Like she did some decent internships- go get a copy job for a fashion magazine and work your way up. Like someone said- she’s making out like she’s doing the hussle. I’d imagine Tommy is low to mid 6 figures- but the rent and lifestyle- if they ever want to buy, they’ll need two incomes. She’d be so much more relatable and would probably gain followers and have good content if she was just honest- instead of presenting the curated life that is obviously not paying for itself. I don’t see her settling in Glenbeigh and Dublin/Ireland is definitely oversaturated with influencers. Be a Carrie Retro- not a Charlotte! She has knowledge of the fashion industry/interiors(expert in beige) so use it and try and make a name that way.

As for #freekaelin, she’s obviously tied until she gets an independent visa but she has a whole different kind of potential.( I hope David can get her on his visa if he gets a Green Card.) I believe they do get on really well but it’d be so nice (couldn’t resist) to see her get work within the fashion industry for real- like go the Fashion Institute for Design and Merchandising. Do a Lauren Conrad esque thing- she has infinite potential and is the lens behind all the campaigns and has an edgy look and is tall enough for modelling. She could do so well on her own.

Jackjack38

VIP Member
OMG cannot believe the mother is now there. They literally only said goodbye to her the other week, why don't they just move back home.
The two lads must feel like they're dating the girls and their Ma!🤣
And the Celine glasses upside down on the table getting scratched just to get the logo in, deceased!!!!!

• Haha

Pinksy33

A “ so stressed this video took 15 days to upload with the internet” story

Spa and afternoon tea in the europe

sunset in Ross beigh, with comment “ so good to be back”

a couple days off social media to re Charge the batteries

• Haha
Reactions: 17

a2343

Yeah was just gonna say Helena won't be booking or paying for anything. Aer Lingus will no doubt fly them across for free😡
Wonder how retro is pitching it to Aer Lingus?
“Fly my parents over for free and I’ll do some beige content on families reuniting for Christmas abroad because it’s not like I don’t see them every other month!”

I regularly fly Aer Lingus to and from the states, and I highly rate their service but it pisses me off to no end when I see these idiots being gifted flights. I’d much rather see Aer Lingus gift flights to the grandparents that haven’t met their grandkids, emigrants who haven’t been home in years.
I don’t see how the partnership with retro pays off, it’s not like many of her followers are going to go out and drop 4 - 6k on a business class flight just because she’s doing it.

• Heart

oac

WHERE DOES THE MONEY COME FROM???? To rent a house with pool in the hamptons over July 4th for a few weeks is like $25-$40k minimum.

Another identical weekend to the last. iced coffee, lunch out, wine, Joey, central park. her contint is the exact same as when I started following her 5 years ago. in fact I think I wrote this exact comment this time last year, creeping around UES looking at the Halloween decorations in people's front steps, central park is my favourite at this time of year. then we all know how December goes(vlogmassssss) January is a whole pile of obnoxious wishes(goals set for the year and yet nothing changes🙄). how do her and kaelin stick hanging out so much it's actually weird how glued they are.

• Heart

a2343

What’s the betting that we see only generic pictures of sand and sunsets (‘of dreams’), a photo of the fox ladies sitting on the pool edge (‘the best’), a picture of a glass of wine with basic pasta (‘so so good’) and no insight into the cultural offerings there. Guessing we will also get a promo for whatever tan it is that she shills.

Her brand is, apparently, fashion and interiors. She could highlight local designers where she goes, learn about the local culture through fashion/interiors. It would make her far more interesting. Yet, all she shows is basic, generic, overpriced fashion and delusions/illusions of grandeur.

Last edited:

Tilli467

The ring is more than likely a lab diamond. It’s at least 4 carats and if it was a natural diamond you would be looking at around 200k. Im surprised she didn’t go for something a bit more classic. It’s very kardashian.