Retro Flame #2 Making New York look bland, iced coffee in hand, beige everything on brand.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm with @Jackjack38 on the Tommy thing, he's a big boy and also - she doesn't need to be joined at his hip, time enough for that for years to come!

I'm more intrigued about 2 girls from the back end of Kerry calling their mother "mom"
Mom is totally normal in kerry, mam would be unusual around my home friends

Reactions: 19
She's 30 odd and should start behaving like it and in my opinion should have stayed in nyc with her long term partner who I imagine she sees herself marrying at some point. I just think it would be nice to spend it with him if it was me. I'm sure he's had a tough year you know holding down an actual job in pandemic ridden nyc. There will be plenty other years for the coleslaw lol. The uncertainty about returning would have been my ultimate reason not to go but it shows where her loyalty lies anyway.

Reactions: 9
Ah catch yourself on!!! Unless your a 15 year old addicted to YouTube there’s no way ‘Mom’ is used in Kerry !
I don’t need to catch myself in thanks very much. I’ll call my mom “mom” as I have since I could talk.

Kerry native born and bred - grew up with RTÉ 1 and network two. No fancy bbc, or American tv and you tube didn’t exist but she’s mom and always will be. I’m not changing who I am to suit some randomer on the net who doesn’t like how I talk

• Heart
Reactions: 32
I don’t need to catch myself in thanks very much. I’ll call my mom “mom” as I have since I could talk.

Kerry native born and bred - grew up with RTÉ 1 and network two. No fancy bbc, or American tv and you tube didn’t exist but she’s mom and always will be. I’m not changing who I am to suit some randomer on the net who doesn’t like how I talk
Totally agree with you. I’m from Kerry too and everyone here says Mom. Exactly, why change to “suit” other people 🙌🏼

Reactions: 23
I'm astounded people in Kerry say mom! Sounds very American to my ear. In the midlands we say Mammy!

Reactions: 3
Ah catch yourself on!!!
I don’t use this phrase enough 😂😂 I’m bringing this back into circulation.

you know she’s taking those pictures of herself in isolation then heading straight over to mammy... or mom... or mam. 😬

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I'm astounded people in Kerry say mom! Sounds very American to my ear. In the midlands we say Mammy!
It originates from the Irish language 'A Mham' is more like mom than mam is... i say mam but mom can come from an Irish backgroud without any american influences

Reactions: 9
Jesus this comes up often on this thread!
Mom is the anglicised version of the Irish language word Mamaì (I'm sure that fada is backwards! Never mind!) and it's a coincidence that Americans and some D4 teens and various wannabes also call their mothers that.
My grandfather's mom was from Kerry so that's what he called her, 100-odd years ago.

Reactions: 12
you know she’s taking those pictures of herself in isolation then heading straight over to mammy... or mom... or mam. 😬
Deffo. No way is Fox Mom dropping at the door and stepping back 2 metres.

I’d love to know who collected them and drove them to where they are “isolating”, according to the insta stories they were exhausted waiting for dept of ag to open but seemingly fine to drive home.

Deffo. No way is Fox Mom dropping at the door and stepping back 2 metres.

I’d love to know who collected them and drove them to where they are “isolating”, according to the insta stories they were exhausted waiting for dept of ag to open but seemingly fine to drive home.
I know, the drama!
I'm sure they hired a car. Mustn't have got discount or a freebie though or it would have been tagged 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It is very common for long term partners/married couples to be parted for a long time due to work commitments.
You see it here with American companies and work commitments do take them to the USA for assignments months/years.
By all accounts there was nothing essential for them all to travel home so was it necessary to leave the chap on his own for Christmas? They obviously had many discussions about it.
Both sisters were brought up a privileged lifestyle and to be fair to her I really think there are way worse Irish bloggers/influencers out there. She seems harmless. I wonder though is she happy in NYC really she does come across very much a homebird.

Reactions: 2
Lc closet going home too so we should be equally mad at her. I expected it from the Foxes. Not from LC Close

The Dorgans are staying put.

Reactions: 3
Louise brought the dog to New York in cargo but when she came home she brought him in the cabin as a “support animal
I'm going to send aer lingus a message about it saying i saw erika fox brought her dog on board,I'm wondering how I can
She had to come home to mom didn't she?! To let mom do her thing... Feed them shite. Its not like she would have been in new york alone, her boyfriend and sister are there for god sake. And the rehash of the same trip home to kerry begins, from both of them, kaelins stories and even captions are identical to erikas. Bore off girls seriously. What a crazy year but i still love this city🙄
feed them shite ! Don’t diss the food please 😂

Reactions: 1
I think she deludes herself that she is this worldly person, but in reality, I'm not sure she could survive being away from home for a year or more without the constant visits back or visits over from her parents. Most people I know who move abroad don't come home every year, much less twice or three times a year and most don't even have half the support network she has in the States what with her sister and boyfriend with her.

I had a feeling Lorna would be going home, she seems like a huge homebird as well!

I've family in Cork cousins in their 40'S they call their mother 'MOM' they always have. I'd say tommy is sick looking at Erica and kaelin and will be glad of the free time. He might even get to put his feet on the sofa

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Tara (TarMar) is going back to Ireland too, she’s staying until March, so that’s nearly all of the NY bloggers.
They all come across as self entitled but ultimately it’s the governments fault for allowing them to do it. If every country followed Australia’s restrictions the situation wouldn’t be so bad now.
When you live abroad you choose to live in that country, the time difference between NY and Ireland isn’t even that bad. They should’ve just stayed in NY and ate their Christmas dinner over Zoom.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.