Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lanavalentine

VIP Member
Please consider buying a second hand designer bag rather than a replica. Plenty of reliable re-sale sites that verify products out there.

As a previous poster mentioned, fake designer goods are heavily linked to child labour, child abuse and sex trafficking. Plus, you run the very real risk of being scammed.

I don’t personally understand being so desperate for a designer bag etc that you’d be happy with a fake one, but I hope people at least think twice before buying them.

• Heart
Reactions: 45

openbook1

VIP Member
Hmm. I don't condone buying replica designer pieces. The people who sell or make them are often linked to drugs/child trafficking/terrorism. It is very dodgy. You are essentially funding organised crime.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

KINGAA

VIP Member
So many people coming in here on their high horses calling people out for buying a fake bag as if they’ve just killed someone and are now the leader in a child trafficking ring 🤣

As if you’re all so perfect, buying a cheap bag from Primark, Top Shop etc, is literally no different to buying a fake. Most of these brands even designers have workers in dire conditions the fashion industry is awful to the world!

Sorry to everyone reading that I went to Turkey and got tempted like many other thousands walking on the streets there. I will hand myself into the police for handing awful stolen goods. I also was given Shrek 2 on VHS years ago filmed in the cinema, so will let them know of that awful crime I committed while I’m there!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33

MayfairAA

What people choose to spend their money on is their own business. Everyone is different.

I think fair play that she is being honest about it. I’m sure there are many people you see on Instagram or around you that have replica items and are passing them off to you as real.

Reactions: 29

Fitnessbunny2020

Chatty Member
I have a lot of designer bags and shoes- mainly because I’ll wear Primark everything else and figure accessories make the outfit. I’d personally never own a replica, what’s the point. Save for the real deal you’ll have such an appreciation for it rather than a throw away fake which funds all manner of criminal activity
I don’t owe throw away fakes. I own 1:1 replicas which are made with the same craftsmanship as an authentic bag. I also have authentic bags and near enough every single one of my replica bags trumps the quality of the authentic. I don’t think people realise these aren’t knock offs from a market in Dubai, these are seriously skilled people making 1:1 copies.

I agree with you on how a lot of fast fashion & high street retail manufacturers are corrupt and also have scandals. (Boohoo, PLT, Primark ..etc the list is endless) I studied a fashion business degree at university so have done lots of research into child labour, sweatshops, working conditions, treatment of workers for a range of companies from all market sectors.

There isn’t much transparency in ethics and sustainability for most brands due to manufacturing overseas, mostly from poorer countries such as Pakistan, Bangladesh, India. They have different laws and regulations in those type of counties surrounding workers rights and working conditions.

Buying fake designer items is unethical (and you could argue more unethically so than buying from high street, fast fashion and middle market brands) due to the craftsmanship that goes behind luxury goods. (Care, materials, attention to detail) You’re not paying for a label. You’re paying for the hours of craftsmanship that goes into a product, compared to something that has been mass produced in minutes in China. The fake market cheapens the image of luxury brands.

They indirectly fund terror groups, an example of this is the Paris Charlie Hebdo arttacks. The terrorists claimed allegiance to a branch of Al-qaeda who funded their weapons from the sales of fake goods in Paris. There are so many other examples online on how corrupt the fake market is.

Also there are no regulations in place for manufacturing of fake goods, which means any material could be used including toxic dyes which can be very harmful.

Once you go down the rabbit hole into this market it’s very sad and eye opening. I can safely say I will never purchase a fake bag again. (I owe most of this from studying fashion) & I will always think twice before having a browse on Boohoo and PLT.

Sorry for the long post guys 😂 But seriously if you’re bored or want some late night reading there’s hundreds of articles and documentaries on this topic.
I’m not talking about market stall fake Gucci handbags. When you buy authentic, you aren’t paying for better construction or materials or labour, you’re paying for marketing and this ‘aspirational brand’. Super fakes are constructed in the same way, for example a Chanel CF and one bought from a top tier factory are 1;1.

These bags are bought directly from sellers in China who work closely with factories. Yes we don’t know the conditions of the factories or who they fund but we can say the exact same for brands like Chanel and LVMH. You could even argue that a more significant cut of the profit from the $600 paid for a super fake is more likely to be split with the sellers and labourers compared to$5000 lining an ~unethical millionaires pocket who are also exploiting people to make billions of pounds. Here’s some articles to read: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/...workers-who-assemble-designer-bags-in-tuscany

Another:https://www.thefashionlaw.com/the-less-than-transparent-realities-behind-made-in-italy-fashion/

Brands like Coach, Michael Kors, Anya Hindmarch, Tory Burch are also made in factories in China. Other brands near enough fully construct the bag in China then send over to Italy or France for minor details to get that ‘Made in France’ stamp. Chanel is allowed to raise its prices every year to keep it ‘exclusive’. Brands like Chanel burn excess stock to keep the brand ‘exclusive’.

I appreciate it’s a hard pill to swallow when you’ve had the idea of owning designer goods as something to feel proud of as you’ve worked hard for it. I get it, I used to buy authentic (sometimes still do) until I found out about how super fakes work.

Designer goods were made to separate the rich from the poor, they’re known as a marker of status and however most of us try to deny this isn’t what we buy designer clobber for - it literally is. As a society, we put designer clothes and accessories on a pedestal. It’s capitalism at its finest! When people say ‘if you don’t have the money don’t buy it!!!’ Its really condescending and sounds like you’re saying that people with less money than you aren’t allowed to have what you have. This also ignores the fact that many rich people also buy super fakes.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 28

Pot2PeeIn

I have a lot of designer bags and shoes- mainly because I’ll wear Primark everything else and figure accessories make the outfit. I’d personally never own a replica, what’s the point. Save for the real deal you’ll have such an appreciation for it rather than a throw away fake which funds all manner of criminal activity

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Readread

VIP Member
Eugh this thread 🤢 fakes are hideous. If you can’t afford the real thing, just buy a nice genuine leather bag. You can look nice without labels.

People always try and defend fakes. Talking shite about how the label “rejected it” and all that crap. Nonsense. Stop defending your plastic crap.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27

gingerteacup

Chatty Member
I don’t owe throw away fakes. I own 1:1 replicas which are made with the same craftsmanship as an authentic bag. I also have authentic bags and near enough every single one of my replica bags trumps the quality of the authentic. I don’t think people realise these aren’t knock offs from a market in Dubai, these are seriously skilled people making 1:1 copies.

I’m not talking about market stall fake Gucci handbags. When you buy authentic, you aren’t paying for better construction or materials or labour, you’re paying for marketing and this ‘aspirational brand’. Super fakes are constructed in the same way, for example a Chanel CF and one bought from a top tier factory are 1;1.

These bags are bought directly from sellers in China who work closely with factories. Yes we don’t know the conditions of the factories or who they fund but we can say the exact same for brands like Chanel and LVMH. You could even argue that a more significant cut of the profit from the $600 paid for a super fake is more likely to be split with the sellers and labourers compared to$5000 lining an ~unethical millionaires pocket who are also exploiting people to make billions of pounds. Here’s some articles to read: https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/...workers-who-assemble-designer-bags-in-tuscany

Another:https://www.thefashionlaw.com/the-less-than-transparent-realities-behind-made-in-italy-fashion/

Brands like Coach, Michael Kors, Anya Hindmarch, Tory Burch are also made in factories in China. Other brands near enough fully construct the bag in China then send over to Italy or France for minor details to get that ‘Made in France’ stamp. Chanel is allowed to raise its prices every year to keep it ‘exclusive’. Brands like Chanel burn excess stock to keep the brand ‘exclusive’.

I appreciate it’s a hard pill to swallow when you’ve had the idea of owning designer goods as something to feel proud of as you’ve worked hard for it. I get it, I used to buy authentic (sometimes still do) until I found out about how super fakes work.

Designer goods were made to separate the rich from the poor, they’re known as a marker of status and however most of us try to deny this isn’t what we buy designer clobber for - it literally is. As a society, we put designer clothes and accessories on a pedestal. It’s capitalism at its finest! When people say ‘if you don’t have the money don’t buy it!!!’ Its really condescending and sounds like you’re saying that people with less money than you aren’t allowed to have what you have. This also ignores the fact that many rich people also buy super fakes.
A fake is a fake. Please stop trying to justify it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

Fitnessbunny2020

Chatty Member
I get why many people think replicas or fakes are unethical. But unfortunately, near enough every single thing we consume is unethical in some way or another (especially in the fashion sector) so I’m not sure why people focus specifically on reps. I have no idea of the conditions of the factories that I’ve bought from but I also have no clue where my pyjamas, bed sheets, Nike trainers or H&M coat were made either. Near enough every single fashion brand has had a scandal about its factory conditions, working conditions, safety hazards, animal cruelty, and so on. Please see Nike scandal on child labour, Boohoo for underpaid workers as examples.

I know people will say this is not the only reason why they’re ~unethical for reasons such as copyright, illegality and ‘pretending to be something you’re not’

Reactions: 23

Hunnaybadgerz

Fake bags are theft
Tacky and fake just like the owner
Funds criminals

How can you come on this site and slate social media twats for being fake then carry stolen designs and vulgar crap? 😂
are you so insecure you need a label? Maybe counselling would be better.

Just buy a cheaper well made leather pieces that not every tom dick and chavvy will have.
Or buy pre loved. Save up.

This thread is a new low. Don’t @ me idgaf

• Haha
  • Heart

KINGAA

VIP Member
Because there’s literally nothing positive that can be said about anything fake?

We’ll agree to disagree. 👍🏼
Yes please, move on. There’s no need to judge and be nasty to others on their decisions which literally do not effect you in any way. We get it you don’t agree with fake goods and you’ve never ever partaken in someone that isn’t 100% “legal”.

Good forbid all those times I’ve listened to music on YouTube that wasn’t uploaded by the artist but by a fan therefore illegal. I’m a right little sinner me.

• Heart
  • Haha

KINGAA

VIP Member
The fake is not offensive, it's the terrorism, human trafficking and pedophile rings the fake sales fund that is offensive.

Edit; Anyone purchasing fake goods, regardless of quality, is complicit in the crimes they fund. Never rail against human trafficking if you own a fake, it would be hypocritical, as you were no less than a donor, a supporter, given it is now common knowledge that the replica market funds those activities.
These crimes are also funded in many many other ways too there’s no exclusivity to a fake Gucci bag. You know governments around the world fund terrorism too... so if “Jane” who works all the hours would love a Gucci bag and that’s all she can afford, then so what?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

Fitnessbunny2020

Chatty Member
Omg I just can’t with these comments sorry 😂 people can afford to buy authentic but choose not to. My friend is a partner at a magic circle law firm, taking home 6 figures a year and has an entire collection of replica handbags 😂

I have over 20 authentic bags, 4 of which have broken or have deteriorated before their time so I decided to stop paying 1-3k for a bag and buy high tier replicas. Funnily enough, none of my replicas have ever broken nor are any of my replica bags plastic 😂😂

I don’t know why people feel the need to shame other people for what they choose to spend their money on and insulting people by suggesting they’re money poor because they don’t buy designer handbags 😂 and even if you are poor, what tf is this exclusivity that only rich people or those who save up are allowed designer items??

Can someone recommend me a nice bag? I’m currently carrying a LV alma BB, which is super cute and I love her, but it’s sometimes hard to carry bigger items with me like perfume or my sunglasses case and I have to sacrifice space!

so I’m looking for a larger bag (not too big), ideally with a cross body strap but I’m not too fussy! Authentic please 😂 I don’t have a specific budget, but something not too crazy expensive!
Would you go for another LV? I love my Speedy 25

Reactions: 21

fauxfreckle

Chatty Member
There’s a lot of privilege showing on this thread. If you have enough disposable income to buy designer good for you but don’t get angry that people are getting the exact same thing for cheaper? In my home country in Africa I can tell loads of peoples stuff are fake because I live in the U.K. For them it’s normal bc they want to have luxury but can’t afford it... it’s their choice. Nobody judges anyone for it or cares. Not everyone is rich enough or likes to spend theousands on little leather bags... some people need to or simply put that money else where on more important things. I don’t know how that can make anyone THIS upset🤣 it literally doesn’t affect you. You’re most definitely consuming something really unethical elsewhere because that’s how capitalism works.

• Heart

mermaidexoxo

I get why many people think replicas or fakes are unethical. But unfortunately, near enough every single thing we consume is unethical in some way or another (especially in the fashion sector) so I’m not sure why people focus specifically on reps. I have no idea of the conditions of the factories that I’ve bought from but I also have no clue where my pyjamas, bed sheets, Nike trainers or H&M coat were made either. Near enough every single fashion brand has had a scandal about its factory conditions, working conditions, safety hazards, animal cruelty, and so on. Please see Nike scandal on child labour, Boohoo for underpaid workers as examples.

I know people will say this is not the only reason why they’re ~unethical for reasons such as copyright, illegality and ‘pretending to be something you’re not’
I agree with you on how a lot of fast fashion & high street retail manufacturers are corrupt and also have scandals. (Boohoo, PLT, Primark ..etc the list is endless) I studied a fashion business degree at university so have done lots of research into child labour, sweatshops, working conditions, treatment of workers for a range of companies from all market sectors.

There isn’t much transparency in ethics and sustainability for most brands due to manufacturing overseas, mostly from poorer countries such as Pakistan, Bangladesh, India. They have different laws and regulations in those type of counties surrounding workers rights and working conditions.

Buying fake designer items is unethical (and you could argue more unethically so than buying from high street, fast fashion and middle market brands) due to the craftsmanship that goes behind luxury goods. (Care, materials, attention to detail) You’re not paying for a label. You’re paying for the hours of craftsmanship that goes into a product, compared to something that has been mass produced in minutes in China. The fake market cheapens the image of luxury brands.

They indirectly fund terror groups, an example of this is the Paris Charlie Hebdo arttacks. The terrorists claimed allegiance to a branch of Al-qaeda who funded their weapons from the sales of fake goods in Paris. There are so many other examples online on how corrupt the fake market is.

Also there are no regulations in place for manufacturing of fake goods, which means any material could be used including toxic dyes which can be very harmful.

Once you go down the rabbit hole into this market it’s very sad and eye opening. I can safely say I will never purchase a fake bag again. (I owe most of this from studying fashion) & I will always think twice before having a browse on Boohoo and PLT.

Sorry for the long post guys 😂 But seriously if you’re bored or want some late night reading there’s hundreds of articles and documentaries on this topic.

• Heart

Scorpihoe

VIP Member
I totally agree with the other ladies. When you’ve worked hard for something and buy a bag you’ve been loving for ages, the love and accomplishment you will feel is totally unmatched to getting a fake.

I will never buy fakes, because I don’t really see the point. If I can’t afford something, I’ll get something within my budget. But saving for Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada feels like I’ve reached my goals, and they’re things I can pass down.

If you buy a cheap knockoff bag, you won’t care about it - whether it gets a drink spilled on it, or ruined etc. How’s it any different to a primark bag then? You might as well save for something you really love and cherish!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Fitnessbunny2020

Chatty Member
These crimes are also funded in many many other ways too there’s no exclusivity to a fake Gucci bag. You know governments around the world fund terrorism too... so if “Jane” who works all the hours would love a Gucci bag and that’s all she can afford, then so what?!
Also lets stop acting like fake bags *cause* child trafficking or whatever when they *may* (I say ‘May’ as not every fake bought funds terrorism or trafficking) be interlinked. Fakes don’t cause these things, these crimes would still happen, even if Jane didn’t buy that fake Gucci handbag. Maybe instead we need to focus on why child trafficking, terrorism is rife instead of blaming Jane???

• Heart
Reactions: 20

KINGAA

VIP Member
I’ve had fake and real bags and my fakes have lasted longer than my real designer bags.

Also, quite often “fakes” are made in the same factory using the exact same material as the real goods or they buy one bag, take it a part and use it as a template, again using the material from the factories where the real bags are made. Most designer brands these days are not ethical, there’s a reason why the moved the factories out to China, India, Turkey etc from the U.K.

So if you wanna buy a fake go for it, if you wanna buy a real go for it... it’s your life, no judgement! More likely than not, it’s probably 90% real!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19