remaining_hopeful

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 10 years in. 3 kids and we’re only discussing it now. Everyone is diff but she’s gagging for it it’s slightly embarrassing
It's definitely embarrassing how desperate she is for it and the hinting is just cringey to see ...

Myself and the husband just decided between us to get engaged, we had planned the wedding and everything before he surprised me with a ring.

Reactions: 5
She’s going to need content after the baby arrives so I’d say he’s under orders to do a proposal when things quieten down!! It’s such a weird relationship although I wouldn’t blame him working away a lot she’s very intense and that’s only seeing a tiny bit of her on Instagram imagine what’s she’s like IRL??!!

Reactions: 3
When she realises that babies cost money she will be back publicly begging for stuff.

Reactions: 2
When she realises that babies cost money she will be back publicly begging for stuff.
Hence the baby shower 😂 seems like they’ve actually bought nothing at all yet, except the baby elegance bundle. No clothes, nappies, bottles, breastfeeding bits or even blankets. It’s very strange to me 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m 19 weeks and I’ve the bare essentials needed for a new baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Hence the baby shower 😂 seems like they’ve actually bought nothing at all yet, except the baby elegance bundle. No clothes, nappies, bottles, breastfeeding bits or even blankets. It’s very strange to me 🤷🏻‍♀️ I’m 19 weeks and I’ve the bare essentials needed for a new baby.
She will get some land if she doesn't get lots of presents 😅😅😅

Reactions: 1
I’d say she’s holding off until after the baby shower to see what she gets and go from there

Possibly, but that’ll be an expensive day out of that’s the case! 😬
To be fair the cost is the same whether she buys it now or after 🥴😂

I left buying until after 30 weeks. I don't see the problem, anything needed is always in stock and easily bought and it built up the excitement of the last 2/3 months.

Bulk buying nappies and the likes. They're always there and always on offer somewhere. Baby inky wears one at a time so the need for having 100 in a press somewhere, I don't get?

My 3rd didn't have s bouncer until they were 6 weeks or a buggy until they were 3. Newborns are pretty simple

Reactions: 2
This is so petty but the way she's using that coundown thing is so annoying. Surely youd put all the numbers on and take them off as the weeks go down so you don't have a pile of loose numbers somewhere else???

To be fair the cost is the same whether she buys it now or after 🥴😂

I left buying until after 30 weeks. I don't see the problem, anything needed is always in stock and easily bought and it built up the excitement of the last 2/3 months.

Bulk buying nappies and the likes. They're always there and always on offer somewhere. Baby inky wears one at a time so the need for having 100 in a press somewhere, I don't get?

My 3rd didn't have s bouncer until they were 6 weeks or a buggy until they were 3. Newborns are pretty simple
If you spread the cost it’s not too bad. I couldn’t imagine forking out a few hundred in one day on bits when you can get them over weeks/months 🤪 but there’s basic bits, I think one vest is all they bought? I pick up bits in the sales as I go. I just can’t understand it, especially with their first baby. I was so excited to buy for baby, maybe that’s just me 😂

Omg is she hosting her own shower??
Jesus my mam is hosting mine (and I only want the BARE min of people there) cos I was so reluctant to have one.
Hosting your own is so cringe.

If you spread the cost it’s not too bad. I couldn’t imagine forking out a few hundred in one day on bits when you can get them over weeks/months 🤪 but there’s basic bits, I think one vest is all they bought? I pick up bits in the sales as I go. I just can’t understand it, especially with their first baby. I was so excited to buy for baby, maybe that’s just me 😂
I didnt do much before I was 30 weeks either, var the big stuff which I paid off as a went! To be fair u get so many gifts I would recommend any mother to try and hold off buying so much! The clothes I did buy, I waited for sales! Who knows if she has bought clothes etc, she might just not have shown them! In sure they baby won't be without!

So they are renting? Are they planning to buy somewhere?

Nor judging by the way, just surprised! I imagine the cost of fertility treatments etc maybe made the prospect of getting a house further down the linel

So they are renting? Are they planning to buy somewhere?

Nor judging by the way, just surprised! I imagine the cost of fertility treatments etc maybe made the prospect of getting a house further down the linel
Maybe I’m having a brain fart but did she not say before that they were buying the house they were in?? Didn’t they decorate the sitting room?? I thought they knew or were related to the landlord and were renting it for cheap as it was in a state!!

Sure they probably couldn't afford to buy if she's not working. You can only get 3.5 times the income of the couple so unless his wages stretched to it.

Maybe I’m having a brain fart but did she not say before that they were buying the house they were in?? Didn’t they decorate the sitting room?? I thought they knew or were related to the landlord and were renting it for cheap as it was in a state!!
I've no clue, do u mean the house she is moving to this weekend? Maybe it's like a rent to buy? (Although I don't think those exist anymore really

Sure they probably couldn't afford to buy if she's not working. You can only get 3.5 times the income of the couple so unless his wages stretched to it.
That's true, and the housing market is crazy! I just thought they would be more settled (married, having a home etc) maybe before they had their kid?

Not judging, I'm a single mam renting myself 🤣 I think I just had different expectations about where she was in her life!

It would be hard to do on one wage, we applied for one on just my husband's wage because they wouldn't accept me because I wasn't permanent in my job yet and even with him on a decent wage we could afford nowhere. Luckily I was made permanent and we got the approval right when I found out I was pregnant 😂 got a house by the skin of our teeth.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.