Red, White and Royal Blue, Amazon Prime

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm screaming, crying, lusting for Taylor and and Nicholas, and loving it and all I've seen so far is trailers and gifs of Taylor's amazing bare arse. 😆😆

Can't wait to watch this later.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
It starts out quite cringe, like a hallmark movie. The American view of royalty doesn't help, especially when they clearly influenced by current royals.

But once you get passed that I really enjoyed it. Its genuinely funny at times, the two leads have great chemistry and avoid the gay stereotypes and clichés. The central relationship is believable. Like Heartstopper it's just a story of two people who fall in love and just happen to be two men. It's romantic, has heart and a bit sexy.

Last edited:
  • Heart
It starts out quite cringe, like a hallmark movie. The American view of royalty doesn't help, especially when they clearly influenced by current royals.

But once you get passed that I really enjoyed it. Its genuinely funny at times, the two leads have great chemistry and avoid the gay stereotypes and clichés. The central relationship is believable. Like Heartstopper it's just a story of two people who fall in love and just happen to be two men. It's romantic, has hearrlt and a bit sexy.
I read the book, and the American authors obvious anti-royalty bias was my biggest criticism of the book. It was too extreme in its bias. But otherwise I loved the book. So I just want cute, romantic gay love. It's just nice to see gay stories sometimes.

Reactions: 2
I read the book, and the American authors obvious anti-royalty bias was my biggest criticism of the book. It was too extreme in its bias. But otherwise I loved the book. So I just want cute, romantic gay love. It's just nice to see gay stories sometimes.
Yeah the anti royal bias is definitely there. Although it does at times point out the hypocrisy with the US president and how they live.

Yeah that's what you'll get, it's cute and just like any other romantic comedy, it just happens to be two guys.

I think why heartstopper and this are so refreshing is its a gay story that's not serious/tragic/depressing or overly sexy and frivolous

I don't think I've smiled so much watching a film.

Laughed. Cried. Got a little bit aroused because the chemistry between Taylor and Nicholas was insane. 😆

What a beautiful film. Truly beautiful! Loved every second of it!

❤🤍💙

So excited to watch this tonight but the mixed reviews are making me nervous 😭 I'll be back when I've finished it!

Reactions: 3
It doesn't quite have the rewatachability of say Heartstopper , but I'd love a sequel.

Also, loved Uma Thurman in this.

Its quite sweet and I recognised the guy playing Henry - then I found out he was in 'handsome devil' (which is a great film) and 'purple hearts' which I'd seen.

It was a bit cheesy but overall very enjoyable.

Heartstopper and this have made me realise how little romance there is in gay media/culture

Reactions: 5
Heartstopper and this have made me realise how little romance there is in gay media/culture
I didn't want to be the person who posted about how nice it is to sometimes be represented in media.

But it is nice to see sometimes gay relationships and gay love in media.

Reactions: 6
I didn't want to be the person who posted about how nice it is to sometimes be represented in media.

But it is nice to see sometimes gay relationships and gay love in media.

Yeah I don't generally worry too much about representation as it's usually not great or very one note. So often gay representation is either how terrible and hard it is being gay, or it's just about sex. Both of which can make if difficult if you can't relate to that aspect.

I liked that one of the characters was bisexual as well (Like Heartstopper). It's great to have more bisexual representation on TV. I'm pan, myself, rather than bi, and we don't have a lot of representation (but it's improving, we had David on Shitt's Creek for example) but I thought it was good that that the characters weren't just both gay, we were getting a bit more of a different queer representation.

I was expecting it to be awful from the reviews but I enjoyed it! Wish it had a better soundtrack. And I’m so sad we didn’t get the Wimbledon scene 😭 but Alex would get my vote 🥵 I loved Zahra too
---
Did everyone catch the post-credits scene?

Last edited:
I was expecting it to be awful from the reviews but I enjoyed it! Wish it had a better soundtrack. And I’m so sad we didn’t get the Wimbledon scene 😭 but Alex would get my vote 🥵 I loved Zahra too
---
Did everyone catch the post-credits scene?
Yeah I did, although hoped for something else rather than that scene again

i really enjoyed it but i do wish it had been a series! they missed so much from the books and i wasn’t a huge fan of what they did with beatrice in particular. removing the whole rafael subplot was a mistake imo too.

but the two lead guys saved it for me. they had wonderful chemistry and i completely bought into all of their scenes. it made it quite an emotional watch in places 😭

i really enjoyed it but i do wish it had been a series! they missed so much from the books and i wasn’t a huge fan of what they did with beatrice in particular. removing the whole rafael subplot was a mistake imo too.

but the two lead guys saved it for me. they had wonderful chemistry and i completely bought into all of their scenes. it made it quite an emotional watch in places 😭
I agree there was so much more they could've done as a series, but as a film, I liked that it stripped it all back to just keep the focus on Alex and Henry no side plots and other people really. They were so good.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Its quite sweet and I recognised the guy playing Henry - then I found out he was in 'handsome devil' (which is a great film) and 'purple hearts' which I'd seen.

It was a bit cheesy but overall very enjoyable.
i only registered it was the same actor from handsome devil halfway through! he’s wonderful in both films - henry is maybe the more difficult character to play but he was so good in this.