Recipes and "go to" dishes

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hey guys, does anyone happen to have a recipe for homemade bbq chicken?? Have been looking for one that’s sweeter rather than smoky? TIA x

So I made this today. It's quite time consuming because of caramelising the onion but not hard. I followed the recipe but did add 1/2 teaspoon of garam masala and some spinach at the end. I'd make it again but add an extra tin of butter beans and a bit more chicken.
Made it again but substituted the butter beans for new potatoes and added a tsp of garam masala. Bloody lovely. Used a half chicken from M&S and about 400gr new potatoes and it made 3 decent size portions.

Do any of you use the ‘copy me that’ app? I’m finding it’s brilliant because when you find recipes online you can capture them instantly and then it’s all there in your phone. I’ve just copied the sausage and spinach pasta one (page 1 of the thread) and I plan to shop for that this weekend, though I might substitute meat sausages and real cream (yes I’m a bit over-upholstered🤣)

Reactions: 1
My lazy go-to veggie/vegan dish if I'm certain I can't be arsed with anything but my body needs something better than cheese and toast:

Canned cannellini or butter beans
Spinach (I usually go for frozen and chuck it in as is)
Olive oil
Seasoning
Lemon juice

I just put a bunch of spinach in a pot and sauté them in olive oil, when they are softer/no longer frozen, I add the beans. (If I have a piece of pepper or some sad looking tomatoes lying around, I cube them and add them in too.) I add some water to keep the mixture from becoming a dry paste, season it (I also add some garlic powder), leave it to bubble for a bit on medium heat until the beans are soft and the mixture looks creamy. Before I eat, I drizzle some lemon juice for freshness.

I always have the ingredients on hand so the whole process doesn't take longer than 10-15 minutes, it's healthy and it keeps me full. Tasty when cold too but I like it most when it's piping hot. You could add more water, blend it up and turn it into bean soup as well.

Reactions: 1