Reborn dolls

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Last year when I was in the depths of depression, I found a cabbage patch doll in a charity shop and used to hug it and try and mother it a little. However, this didn’t last long and I dealt with the real feelings. I find it incredibly sad.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
It’s a difficult one. It is a form of therapy for some people but I don’t think it is always useful. Many of the women I’ve watched on tik tok with them become obsessed and compulsive looking after these dolls, buying things for these dolls, it comes across as though it’s distracting from the root of their issue that they need therapy for and putting a block in the way of it.

My granny went through baby loss and back then it was even more taboo to talk about. She never even got to say bye to her baby or hold her baby, they just took him away and told her it would be best not to. Her baby was stillborn at full term and my heart breaks for her going through all that so alone. About 10 years ago she bought one of those reborn dolls and overnight got very obsessive. No word of a lie she had 24 dolls in the end. She had one personally handcrafted to resemble what she imagined her baby boy to look like from using photos of her other children as babies. Our family all intervened and in time she let go of all the dolls except the one she had specially made and now she just keeps him in her room and doesn’t fuss over it. I’m so glad we were able to get her away from it all because it’s almost like an addiction!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
It’s a difficult one. It is a form of therapy for some people but I don’t think it is always useful. Many of the women I’ve watched on tik tok with them become obsessed and compulsive looking after these dolls, buying things for these dolls, it comes across as though it’s distracting from the root of their issue that they need therapy for and putting a block in the way of it.

My granny went through baby loss and back then it was even more taboo to talk about. She never even got to say bye to her baby or hold her baby, they just took him away and told her it would be best not to. Her baby was stillborn at full term and my heart breaks for her going through all that so alone. About 10 years ago she bought one of those reborn dolls and overnight got very obsessive. No word of a lie she had 24 dolls in the end. She had one personally handcrafted to resemble what she imagined her baby boy to look like from using photos of her other children as babies. Our family all intervened and in time she let go of all the dolls except the one she had specially made and now she just keeps him in her room and doesn’t fuss over it. I’m so glad we were able to get her away from it all because it’s almost like an addiction!
that’s so sad, your poor Granny. i can imagine for some women who have been through baby loss and have perhaps PTSD from it all, could really rely on these dolls and get addicted. it’s so incredibly sad really if you think about it, their just desperate for a real baby.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I was about to start a thread before I found this one. I’ve been scrolling through ATN tiktok account for a good hour (I have time to kill don’t judge me😂) and my jaw is on the floor. When she says stuff like ‘his nappy was soaked’ and ‘he woke up at 7:30am’ I’m sorry what the actual duck

How has that mummy of 2 reborns got milk to express?! duck me I had a baby a few weeks ago and I haven’t even got any milk now I am formula feeding

I don’t mean to sound so judgemental I am just absolutely in shock I need to know more 😂

Reactions: 9
I was about to start a thread before I found this one. I’ve been scrolling through ATN tiktok account for a good hour (I have time to kill don’t judge me😂) and my jaw is on the floor. When she says stuff like ‘his nappy was soaked’ and ‘he woke up at 7:30am’ I’m sorry what the actual duck

How has that mummy of 2 reborns got milk to express?! duck me I had a baby a few weeks ago and I haven’t even got any milk now I am formula feeding

I don’t mean to sound so judgemental I am just absolutely in shock I need to know more 😂
She is wild!!!! She said she paid privately to get medicine to help with lactation, I personally don’t believe any doctor would prescribe medicine for the purpose of someone to lactate for a doll. I reckon she just pours the formula into the breastmilk bags to get views up I do believe she does a lot of it for attention she’s off the scale. When she says they’ve been up the night etc it’s crazy.

• Wow
Reactions: 7
It is lies. It wouldn't be prescribed in these circumstances, even privately
On a limb here but possibly this is seen as some psychiatric or psychological disorder and maybe at a huge stretch they'd prescibe but I really really really really hugely doubt it.
If this was a real delusion this girl wouldn't stick the babies somewhere whenever it was inconvenient, I think its a bit of fantasy, a money making exercise and attention seeking. She's beyond weird making up illness for the babies though.

Reactions: 6
I really try to be open-minded when it comes to life in general and harmless things consenting adults do but these things creep me the duck out and have since I first heard of them years ago. I don't think I'd know how to act around the more extreme "reborners" who treat them like real babies.

Reactions: 5
No one will ever convince me it’s a healthy outlet for depression or distress. I don’t think it’s harmless. I think ultimately it’s harmful for the women living a sad fantasy life with a doll.

A really long time ago there was a documentary (Channel 4 I think?) about reborn dolls, and the women who buy them. They would frequent reborn forums which normalised the idea of taking them out in prams etc. I remember thinking back then that those forums gave a false sense of security, and that if those forums didn’t exist then these women wouldn’t be happily strolling around with a doll in public (and - let’s face it - having people gawp and laugh at them).

This Tiktok craze is no different, just way more extreme.

• Sad
Reactions: 13
I'm good with people using them for therapy, e.g. people who've lost babies or can't have babies, or people with dementia having something to cuddle to bring them some comfort.

I must admit it weirds me out when adults of sound mind push them around the shops in prams and "feed" them and change their nappies. That's where they're blurring the lines between reality and fantasy and it becomes worrying, I feel.

Reactions: 5
I have mixed feelings about them. I find them slightly weird, but if they give comfort to the people who own them, they are a good thing.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1

The lass behind ATN is so weird isn't she and she's got a terrible attitude.

The lass behind ATN is so weird isn't she and she's got a terrible attitude.
So bleeping weird, just saw her latest video baby vinny, I can’t believe she gets up in the night to ‘feed him’
When she said he had a poo explosion I died 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I wouldn’t buy one for myself but to each their own. They can be used as doll therapy for Alzheimer’s/dementia patients, so if it helps someone to cope then that can’t be a bad thing in my book.
My Nan bought one and we all thought it was strange she even bought a pram she is no longer with us but turns out it was the early stages of dementia and my dad is convinced she had a miscarriage or still born but never spoke about it and for some reason she found comfort in the doll. I actually feel really sad for these women who have them to deal with a loss because as a mother if that’s how they want to cope then each to their own it must be heart breaking.

However this is wild af

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
One of my girls told me she saw a ameican women on TikTok, who had bought formula , was making up up and everything then pouringit down the sink, telling everyone her baby (doll ) had been so hungry and drank most of a bottle. Mums were being really angry and saying they were struggling to find formula and she was pouring it away, she was well my baby needs it .I found that really wrong, she had loads of tins too

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
One of my girls told me she saw a ameican women on TikTok, who had bought formula , was making up up and everything then pouringit down the sink, telling everyone her baby (doll ) had been so hungry and drank most of a bottle. Mums were being really angry and saying they were struggling to find formula and she was pouring it away, she was well my baby needs it .I found that really wrong, she had loads of tins too
There’s been formula shortages too which adds to all of this, it’s ridiculous. There is no reason any of these people need to buy real formula when they know real babies need it. I also don’t understand why they buy nappies regularly either it’s not like they get dirty from the doll!

Reactions: 4
Just come across some YT channels about people with them, I was trying to look for some tutorials to see if I could manage to make one since my 2yo neice absolutely adores baby's an looking after them, but they are too expensive since we don't know if she will either love it or get a bit freaked out since it's all just the cheap dolls she has, an some of them have actual full blown nursarys, all the furniture, wardrobes full of clothes, changing tables etc, it cost my brother a fortune to do a nursary for his kid an they do them for dolls, it just so insane to think about

There’s a thread on here regarding Millie on tiktok who has two reborns, although they’re either a knock off version or just a standard baby doll. She spends so much on them, new clothes, for Christmas she’s gone and got about 10 packs of dummies for them, nappies, formula etc and now she makes out she can produce breast milk. She’s only 19 and her ex is in his late 60s and was her uncle (through marriage) and she’s now with another guy who’s in his late 40s and both men went along with feeding the babies and holding them as if they’re real which I found strange.

I’ve also came across another young girl, she’s very well put together, beautiful house, nice fashion and she has a couple reborns and they’re actually beautiful and look real. She meets up with other reborn owners, not sure on why she has them though.

I remember visiting my grandad in his home he was at for people with dementia and all the women had a baby doll in their arms which seemed to bring them comfort

• Wow
Reactions: 3
There’s a thread on here regarding Millie on tiktok who has two reborns, although they’re either a knock off version or just a standard baby doll. She spends so much on them, new clothes, for Christmas she’s gone and got about 10 packs of dummies for them, nappies, formula etc and now she makes out she can produce breast milk. She’s only 19 and her ex is in his late 60s and was her uncle (through marriage) and she’s now with another guy who’s in his late 40s and both men went along with feeding the babies and holding them as if they’re real which I found strange.

I’ve also came across another young girl, she’s very well put together, beautiful house, nice fashion and she has a couple reborns and they’re actually beautiful and look real. She meets up with other reborn owners, not sure on why she has them though.

I remember visiting my grandad in his home he was at for people with dementia and all the women had a baby doll in their arms which seemed to bring them comfort
Who's Millie? What's her account?