Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have been reading the sentencing remarks in the case of Olga Freeman who killed her disabled son. The whole situation is heartbreaking.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I’ve found them before just by googling. But @MissTeddy may know
The judiciary site lists all published sentencing remarks and associated publications.

As @Meringue22 says you will end up down a very deep rabbit hole.

SCRs are different. Each local council has a safe guarding board which will undertake the review. So you’d need to check the local authority where the incident occurred.

The NCPCC is a good place to start if you want to read a selection. There are some extremely sad and disturbing reports, poor little mites. Very insightful but caution advised.

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
The judiciary site lists all published sentencing remarks and associated publications.

SCRs are different. Each local council has a safe guarding board which will undertake the review. So you’d need to check the local authority where the incident occurred.

The NCPCC is a good place to start if you want to read a selection. There are some extremely sad and disturbing reports, poor little mites. Very insightful but caution advised.

I need an intervention. I can’t stop reading them!

Reactions: 4

Thankyou xx

Ah these are so sad. It’s also mind blowing just how many cases like this happen and never make it to the news.

It reminded me of another case actually, the little girl who died and they suspected her dad of sexual abuse? She was very young, and the police hadn’t taken vital evidence like her nappy or the bedding. I think her name was Poppy? But I don’t think the dad was charged.

• Sad
Reactions: 8
It reminded me of another case actually, the little girl who died and they suspected her dad of sexual abuse? She was very young, and the police hadn’t taken vital evidence like her nappy or the bedding. I think her name was Poppy? But I don’t think the dad was charged.
Poppi Worthington. And no, he wasn't.

To be honest, there was a report I read - might have been a case review - and it did all made sense as to why not as there was no agreement by renowned pathologists/coroners about how the injuries were caused, plus the mistakes the police made, although a judge did go on record to say he thought he'd done it I believe. It's a while ago, sorry - I'm a bit hazy on the details.

Let me see if I can find it. Hang on.

Edit: I think this is it. From memory, it is incredibly complex and hard going. Just warning everyone.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 7

To be honest, there was a report I read - might have been a case review - and it did all made sense as to why not as there was no agreement by renowned pathologists/coroners about how the injuries were caused, plus the mistakes the police made, although a judge did go on record to say he thought he'd done it I believe. It's a while ago, sorry - I'm a bit hazy on the details.

Edit: I think this is it. From memory, it is incredibly complex and hard going. Just warning everyone.

Thank you - awful reading but yes you can see why they couldn’t reach an agreement about the definite cause of the injuries.

My gut feeling from what I’ve just read in that report and online is that he did do it and if that is the case, it’s devastating that he won’t be held accountable.

Reactions: 2

Gosh that’s hard to read. So bad that evidence wasn’t preserved. Poor baby girl.

This case really shocks me. That poor little girl. He absolutely seems to have attacked her 😥😥

• Sad
That investigation was a complete cock up from start to finish, I’m sure in thinking he went on this morning as well

That investigation was a complete cock up from start to finish, I’m sure in thinking he went on this morning as well
I don't remember Poppy's father going on This Morning (but I dont watch it often at all) but I do remember this asshole going on.

I remember this so clearly as her grand parents were beyond devastated and if I remember rightly spent thousands trying to get custody of Ellie, I remember her grandad getting interviewed and his heart break was so raw.

• Sad
Reactions: 14
I don't remember Poppy's father going on This Morning (but I dont watch it often at all) but I do remember this asshole going on.

I remember this so clearly as her grand parents were beyond devastated and if I remember rightly spent thousands trying to get custody of Ellie, I remember her grandad getting interviewed and his heart break was so raw.
ah right wrong monster

ah right wrong monster
Monster is right. Ugh make me sick creatures like this.

The cases that have always stuck with me are

Sian O'Callaghan - something so cruel about a young woman that was enjoying a night out coming into contact with a monster.

Alesha McPhail - kept me up at night and the fact that he was a teenager is horrific.

Paige Doherty - honestly shocks me that a seemingly normal family man can do that.

Rachel Moran - similar to Sian in some ways. Just a series of really unfortunate events led to her coming in to contact with someone so vile.

Becky Watts - Should have just shot them both straight after trial and I do not advocate the death penalty but these two needed it.

Soham murders - a school caretaker ffs. We all know all too well the mistakes that were made that led to him getting that job but still shocks me. Also shocks me that one juror did not think he was guilty WTF! How could anyone have believed his story that one of them had a nosebleed and somehow managed to drown in his bath!

Libby Squire - obviously much more recent but this one bothers me so much. Again another young female that should have made it home safely that night. The evidence was a bit sketchy against Relowicz as no definitive cause of death and the timings of the witness screams was a bit dodgy. However I do think he was responsible!. Scary to think if he had not been found guilty that he would have been eligible for parole within the next year.

True crime is my favourite subject (hubby hates it and thinks I am a weirdo).

Last edited:
Reactions: 10
The Ellie Butler case is a case i can hardly bear to think about. At the time I went far far too deeply down the rabbit hole of involvement - i was tracking social media, past conviction reports, live trial reporting, web sleuths.

I had a personal connection in that we lived in the local area and my stepdaughter went to the same primary school as Ellie.

Such a beautiful sweet girl.

Other crimes that have stayed with me over the years are Daniel Pelka, which is a case i can't think too deeply about - I cried nearly a whole weekend thinking about that poor boy.

One particularly crime that isn't very well known was the murder of a poor little girl called Tiffney Wright who was starved to death above the pub where her parents lived. I honestly cannot bear to think about how many hundreds of abused and neglected children there are right now - especially in lockdown, they are hidden away.

I find real crime and the causes of it fascinating so often it begins with the criminal themselves having had the very worst possible childhood.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
The Ellie Butler case is a case i can hardly bear to think about. At the time I went far far too deeply down the rabbit hole of involvement - i was tracking social media, past conviction reports, live trial reporting, web sleuths.

I had a personal connection in that we lived in the local area and my stepdaughter went to the same primary school as Ellie.

Such a beautiful sweet girl.

Other crimes that have stayed with me over the years are Daniel Pelka, which is a case i can't think too deeply about - I cried nearly a whole weekend thinking about that poor boy.

One particularly crime that isn't very well known was the murder of a poor little girl called Tiffney Wright who was starved to death above the pub where her parents lived. I honestly cannot bear to think about how many hundreds of abused and neglected children there are right now - especially in lockdown, they are hidden away.

I find real crime and the causes of it fascinating so often it begins with the criminal themselves having had the very worst possible childhood.

I’d not heard of little Tiffany, what an awful existence for her and her baby brother. So many people failed her

• Sad
I’ve just read the article about Tiffany Wright, how the hell did her mother and stepfather not get longer sentences especially with the damming cctv evidence

Sorry it’s a bleak read isn’t it. The mother is out, remarried and living her best life. 😞

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Sorry it’s a bleak read isn’t it. The mother is out, remarried and living her best life. 😞
I've just read this and cried. Eating the wallpaper, wow, I cannot imagine.

I cannot believe anyone could marry someone who could do that to a child!!!!!!

• Sad
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.