Real life crime and murder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is a new series on crime and investigation channel hosted by Kym Marsh,these are true life murders,it’s called ‘Murder at my Door’

Reactions: 4
Starts tonight 9pm,well started last week second episode.I believe all british murders re abuse etc.

Reactions: 3
I do not believe she lied about that. Grooming gangs are a huge problem and they’re just trying to cover it up. If she is perverting the court of justice are they suggesting she abused herself???
This is a tricky one. Its my home town so I probably know more than most due to how its panned out across Facebook!

I don't think anyone thinks she has done it to herself, there is just more to the case than initially was put out there. She has accused six-seven men over the last 4/5 years of rape (not the grooming gang she now speaks of) and was found to have fabricated those accusations. There was evidence of sending messages to herself etc. This is where a lot of the doubt is coming from, all those false claims and now a grooming gang. Some people in the town are very upset because one of the accused was a young lad and it nearly ruined his life.

But, there is a possibility she is telling the truth, a lot of abused girls do lie and make false claims when they are first exposed to sexual abuse - its entirely normal and common.

There's been rumours that the injuries are from county lines drug running, not sexual abuse but at the moment, no one knows what the truth is. She's been held in custody since she spoke out but that is due to the false accusations and that is where the perverting the court of justice comes in.

Her family have probably not handled it great on social media either. They have received a lot of backlash as did a big fundraiser for her and then it all came out about the false accusations. People understandably wanted to know what the money would be spent on. They have since addressed this by saying the money will be for the case against the alleged grooming gang, whenever that one gets raised. Its certainly not what she is going through the courts for at the moment and she has just had a trial date set of 21st Aug 2021.

Either way, the poor girl needs all the help and support she can get.

• Sad
Beverly Allitt was convicted of four murders and three attempted ones. Letby is accused of twice as many murders and three times the number of unsuccessful killings.

Nurse Lucy Letby has been charged with murdering eight babies. I remember when she was first arrested in summer 2018. She was arrested again nearly a year-and-a-half ago and has only now been charged.

https://thesun.co.uk/news/13173034/nurse-charged-murder-investigation-baby-deaths/
Came on to say this. There's a lack of information in the reporting, probably given the sensitivity of it. Its a strange one, usually and I think was the case with Beverly Allet, there's at least one or two people who say "yeah, they were an odd fish" or something along those lines. Not one person in this case, everyone including colleagues appear to be shocked and in disbelief. If she really is responsible, that kind of makes it worse!

Reactions: 8
Came on to say this. There's a lack of information in the reporting, probably given the sensitivity of it. Its a strange one, usually and I think was the case with Beverly Allet, there's at least one or two people who say "yeah, they were an odd fish" or something along those lines. Not one person in this case, everyone including colleagues appear to be shocked and in disbelief. If she really is responsible, that kind of makes it worse!
And if she isn’t responsible she’ll never recover from this.

Reactions: 14
I can assure you that everyone who works in maternity care at the hospital was in complete shock and absolutely devastated when she was first arrested. It's my home town, I was born at that hospital and my mother worked in maternity care there for over 35 years so you can trust me on this.

She didn't know her by the way as they worked in completely different areas.

And there should be NO information in the public domain about the case except her details and what she is charged with. The press now need to shut the duck up and stop reporting on this case until the trial because they are at serious risk of prejudicing it. I am still totally disgusted that they named her (the police never did until she was charged which is how it should be) and printed her address and photographs of her house. The Sun even stalked her back to Hereford to take photographs of her reporting for bail.

If she is innocent, her life is ruined. Seems our delightful media learnt nothing from Christopher Jefferies.

On a side note, her old house isn't in Blacon either. I can imagine all the residents of Westbourne Road fuming about that 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
I can assure you that everyone who works in maternity care at the hospital was in complete shock and absolutely devastated when she was first arrested. It's my home town, I was born at that hospital and my mother worked in maternity care there for over 35 years so you can trust me on this.

She didn't know her by the way as they worked in completely different areas.

And there should be NO information in the public domain about the case except her details and what she is charged with. The press now need to shut the duck up and stop reporting on this case until the trial because they are at serious risk of prejudicing it. I am still totally disgusted that they named her (the police never did until she was charged which is how it should be) and printed her address and photographs of her house. The Sun even stalked her back to Hereford to take photographs of her reporting for bail.

If she is innocent, her life is ruined. Seems our delightful media learnt nothing from Christopher Jefferies.

On a side note, her old house isn't in Blacon either. I can imagine all the residents of Westbourne Road fuming about that 😂
I think the DM have just named some of the babies!!!

The Sun is a bleeping rag, expect no less. They stoop lowest of low

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I think the DM have just named some of the babies!!!

The Sun is a bleeping rag, expect no less. They stoop lowest of low
Yes, the names of the alleged murder victims were revealed in court this morning so that's fine to be reported now. The alleged murder victims can't be named for legal reasons.

And I apologise - I've just reread your initial post. I thought you were saying that none of her colleagues were in shock or disbelief but I can see now that I misread it.

• Sad
Yes, the names of the alleged murder victims were revealed in court this morning so that's fine to be reported now. The alleged murder victims can't be named for legal reasons.

And I apologise - I've just reread your initial post. I thought you were saying that none of her colleagues were in shock or disbelief but I can see now that I misread it.
Yeah thats the bit that bugs me - there's not one person saying she might have been capable. So strange. Even with Hardold Shipman there was suspicion from relatives that things weren't right

Did anyone else follow the Becky Watts murder trial in 2015? She went missing the week my youngest was born and so I basically spent my nights when feeding on social media following the case. It was the first time I had ever deep delved into something so intimately via facebook - all her family had open facebook accounts (including her murderers) and it was quite vouyeristic. I am glad she got justice but I don't think we know the whole story. Poor girl. Horrible way to die.
Yes, me. I got quite invested in it too. It was reported that Shauna was pregnant with twins, but didn’t continue the pregnancy. Does anybody know if this is true?

Reactions: 2
Yeah thats the bit that bugs me - there's not one person saying she might have been capable. So strange. Even with Hardold Shipman there was suspicion from relatives that things weren't right
Maybe she was on some kind of 'angel of mercy' mission...? The babies she was looking after were very premature and/or very sick. Maybe in her own mind she was putting them out of their misery? I should say if she even did it of course.

I suspect this will be an absolute denial defence right from the start to the end. I mean, how strong is the evidence? It's very likely a completely circumstantial case given how long it took to charge her.

Yes, me. I got quite invested in it too. It was reported that Shauna was pregnant with twins, but didn’t continue the pregnancy. Does anybody know if this is true?
Yes, she was pregnant when she was arrested but she wasn't pregnant at trial. I think the overall assumption was she'd aborted the pregnancy although I don't think it was ever confirmed. I suspect a massive chunk of the sentencing remarks were redacted relating to it.

I was very invested in this case and followed it live every day on a truly awful pitchfork waving Facebook group. It was one of the most intense and emotional trials I've ever followed.

• Sad
Reactions: 1
I don’t know if it was twins but I believe she did continue with it.

Reactions: 1
How strange. This has just come up in my Facebook memories. Five years ago today, this is what I wrote....

39BEE8A5-A495-457B-9766-ADEE65C7487A.jpeg
A3FD63C5-833B-4E40-88BD-C6B02D4181E0.jpeg

Maybe she was on some kind of 'angel of mercy' mission...? The babies she was looking after were very premature and/or very sick. Maybe in her own mind she was putting them out of their misery? I should say if she even did it of course.

I suspect this will be an absolute denial defence right from the start to the end. I mean, how strong is the evidence? It's very likely a completely circumstantial case given how long it took to charge her.

Yes, she was pregnant when she was arrested but she wasn't pregnant at trial. I think the overall assumption was she'd aborted the pregnancy although I don't think it was ever confirmed. I suspect a massive chunk of the sentencing remarks were redacted relating to it.

I was very invested in this case and followed it live every day on a truly awful pitchfork waving Facebook group. It was one of the most intense and emotional trials I've ever followed.
Wasn't she was quite far along, (5 months ish) at the time she was arrested. I've always been under the impression that she had given birth but all details of the baby were kept private. Not really sure where I got that info from though. Perhaps it's just something I concluded from the way it was reported rather that anything that had specific details.

Has anyone seen the news in Grimsby a boy was spotted walking down the street in his pyjamas at midnight and a sight on cctv police had enough been looking all night but not found him and there’s been no reports of a missing child it’s very odd hopefully there’s a simple explanation and he is safe and well sorry if this the wrong place to post

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.