Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
On poor Noah - I don't understand why there'd be a conspiracy though. Which is not to say the investigation has been stellar as evidently not, but I don't know why any police would want to cover up the murder of a child.

Reactions: 5
Totally off topic, but I am so pleased to come across another Murder, She Wrote fan :D Jessica Flecther is my heroine, I've seen every episode a million times!
My gf is a massive fan too, but I've come to conclusion that Jessica Fletcher is a mass murderer and hypnotises people into confessing what she has done.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Totally off topic, but I am so pleased to come across another Murder, She Wrote fan :D Jessica Flecther is my heroine, I've seen every episode a million times!
Ah, so you'll know the episode I'm talking about - Trial By Error, season 2, episode 13 😬 I have it saved on my Sky planner so I can watch it whenever I feel like 🙈 I haven't seen every episode but I do still watch if I'm flicking through the TV listings and catch it on. But I really should put more effort in to complete the mammoth endeavour of watching every episode like yourself! 😂 Not forgetting the film episodes!!

I ♥ Angela Lansbury. It will be a sad day when she goes. And Dick Van Dyke. Absolute ledges, the pair of them.

My gf is a massive fan too, but I've come to conclusion that Jessica Fletcher is a mass murderer and hypnotises people into confessing what she has done.
My boyfriend thinks the same - that she's a serial killer who got away with murder for twelve seasons 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
New to post but I have been following for some time.

For anyone who wants to read the police copy of the Bibaa Henry and Nicole Smallman case:

Wow, what a detailed and disturbing report.

This article contains a photo of the letter he wrote to the demon. Incredible.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Me too! My ringtone is the theme tune and I dressed up as her for a party once 🤣

I grew up in this town and knew a few of the kids she’d abused, one of them was the surviving twin you mentioned. What she did was horrific.
There are quite a few interesting articles about her childhood and give some small insight into how she ended up the way she did (not excusable AT ALL, I just find crime psychology very interesting)
I grew up there too, and lived near the twins. The internet is a very small place! 👀

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but has anybody been following the Manchester Arena Inquiry? They’ve just released the first report looking at security, and more recently they’ve been covering the emergency services response. Absolutely no one comes out of it well. Not the police (who weren’t even where they’d been told to patrol as the concert ended… and had taken excessively long meal breaks), not the ambulance service (most of whom didn’t go anywhere near the bomb scene) and not the fire service (who didn’t attend at all for the first two hours). It’s so shocking to see what a mess it was.

John Atkinson bled to death, and I think the inquiry will eventually conclude that his injuries were survivable, if only he’d been extricated from the scene earlier.

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but has anybody been following the Manchester Arena Inquiry? They’ve just released the first report looking at security, and more recently they’ve been covering the emergency services response. Absolutely no one comes out of it well. Not the police (who weren’t even where they’d been told to patrol as the concert ended… and had taken excessively long meal breaks), not the ambulance service (most of whom didn’t go anywhere near the bomb scene) and not the fire service (who didn’t attend at all for the first two hours). It’s so shocking to see what a mess it was.

John Atkinson bled to death, and I think the inquiry will eventually conclude that his injuries were survivable, if only he’d been extricated from the scene earlier.
Others would have died too if it wasn't for that guy using his first aid knowledge from his army days, because the ambulance people didn't enter.

On a similar note, I wonder if first aid courses should be updated to include such trauma. I did a civilian first aid course after several military first aid courses and they were like night and day. The civilian one wouldn't have prepared me for dealing with such casualties, which would also apply to things like train and car accidents.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Others would have died too if it wasn't for that guy using his first aid knowledge from his army days, because the ambulance people didn't enter.

On a similar note, I wonder if first aid courses should be updated to include such trauma. I did a civilian first aid course after several military first aid courses and they were like night and day. The civilian one wouldn't have prepared me for dealing with such casualties, which would also apply to things like train and car accidents.
Oh definitely. Tourniquets are key. I think the public (myself included) were under the impression that they’re to be avoided, or do more harm than good, but one thing that’s arisen from this inquiry is that tourniquets saved people (and other people may have died for the lack of one).

• Heart
Oh goodness, possibly! Can see I'm going to fall into a rabbit hole with this one!
Indeed! I’ve been down more rabbit holes off the back of this thread than the local population of rabbits in my rural area!

• Haha
Oh definitely. Tourniquets are key. I think the public (myself included) were under the impression that they’re to be avoided, or do more harm than good, but one thing that’s arisen from this inquiry is that tourniquets saved people (and other people may have died for the lack of one).
I think a lot of police are now voluntarily carrying tourniquets that they have purchased themselves as it can make such a difference. And they’re campaigning for them to be a part of standard kit. There was a Police officer that was run over by an offender, he lost a leg, but I believe he survived because he directed people to apply a tourniquet.

ETA: found an article that mentions it

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
This would be brilliant tbh, completely agree, and would pay to attend such a thing! They should cover what to do in the event of a stabbing too tbh, where I used to live it was quite bad and I have walked past the remnants of a scene a few times, and wondered what you’d even be able to do to help if you were there at the time? It would also apply to terror attacks as most of them have been stabbings recently iirc?

On poor Noah - I don't understand why there'd be a conspiracy though. Which is not to say the investigation has been stellar as evidently not, but I don't know why any police would want to cover up the murder of a child.
There's alot of speculation surrounding the why, regardless of any of that a little boy went missing for 6 days, his body was found in extremely suspicious circumstances and all the inconsistencies surrounding the case and lack of investigation is mind blowing. If that was my child I would not be silenced, just like the family now.

Did you watch it? A crossbow?! Those things look horrific
I didn't recognise the case from the description on the Sky listings but I watched the opening scene of the 999 call and realised right away what it was as I followed that trial. Not watched the full episode yet.

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.