Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Meringue22

VIP Member
Reddit has what I assume Meringe22 is alluding to. Have a nosy over there for the curious amongst us.
I wasn’t alluding to anything as there isn’t anything to report! She was found in Birmingham safe and well. The urgency in regards to finding her was due to her being very vulnerable

Notredamn

VIP Member
I don't think I've read a news article and been so definite I was reading about a hit before. It's obvious.

quinzel

VIP Member
Sorry because I know this has been touched on before but I am working my way through The Lady Vanishes podcast, and wow, what a strange case that literally spans worldwide. What’s everyone’s thoughts on what happened to Marion/Florabella?

Papparazzo

He keeps very unfortunate company. He delayed his wedding because his best man (Andrew Taylor) was jailed for killing a Liverpool police officer on a night out. Dreadful thugs they are.

I remember this too. Another lad who got done for that murder, Timmy Donovan, has just seen nicked for drugs!

Fairyqueen

VIP Member
There’s a thread on this if you want to come on over! The Netflix documentary is biased in my opinion.. it was made by Sophie’s family, there’s another documentary “murder at the cottage” and a podcast “west cork” they give more details.. the guards are a lot more corrupt than is shown in the Netflix one
Can you post the link to the thread or give me the name I can't find it!! I'm obsessed with this case!!

HaloGirl

VIP Member
Where did you read the diary entry?
It’s in Greek but some of the entries are in this article. I used google translate.

quinzel

VIP Member
tw: multi infanticide

I just came to Tattle and was surprised nobody was talking about the profoundly tragic case of Deirdre Morley - who was just acquitted of smothering her 3 little children on the grounds of insanity (she was diagnosed bipolar type 2 after the incident). I mention it because it's so very rare that the grounds of insanity are accepted, and apparently even the prosecution were open to that verdict throughout? That's a new one, I thought prosecution always aimed for the most negative interpretation of the facts, but then I'm just some uneducated dolt on the internet.

I was just wondering if anybody else knew or had heard any more about this almost unbelievably sad case? I personally can't quite get my head round that at the time she "didn't understand that killing her children was wrong" and "couldn't stop herself from doing it". She will only be held in a mental hospital until the end of May. I mean, I've known people with bipolar - actually diagnosed with it (not that you have to be diagnosed to actually have a bipolar brain, but) and at no point do they become so detached from reality, even at emotionally pressured breaking points. I have my own collection of mental maladies and while I've been in some messed up states, I never failed to understand that hurting and killing other sentient beings was a big no-no. And we're quite certain that someone who we maintain could lose their grip with reality so utterly that she would smother her 3 children she adored to death is definitely not a danger to herself or anyone else? She can just go free now? I mean, I'm guessing she'll be receiving close care and monitoring etc?

I don't know I have just so many questions about this and really thought I'd find no end of forums, threads, news comment sections discussing it. Perhaps I'm missing some key fact that makes the whole thing uncontroversial. And I don't even believe in punitive "justice", I just... wow. The poor father. The poor kids and yes, if the stated facts of the case are to be believed, the poor mother.
There is a Louis Theroux doc (may be on iPlayer?) all about cases where the person was found NGRI (not guilty by reason of insanity.). Really interesting.

MissTeddy

VIP Member
I don’t know what made me think of this today but does anyone else remember this sad case? I think it was about twenty years ago; maybe longer.
A woman stabbed her neighbour’s husband when he came to her house to pay his wife’s Avon money. He barged in and tried to rape her so she stabbed him to death. They were all middle aged and I think they were teachers. They had been neighbours/friends for years. I don’t know why this has stayed with me.
She was never charged/prosecuted and hopefully she got on with her life.
definitely don’t recall this but would like to know more- can you find a link?

The murder of Anthony Walker is one that I will never ever forget. Had friends of friends related to one of the killers (he was scum, the friends of friends weren't and are still decent people) and Anthony was in the year under me doing a-levels at the time. Didn't know him before the murder, only his face, but had never spoken to him or knew his name.

Awful, shocking, vile murder.
Joey Barton’s brother wasn’t it?

Peakyblinders

VIP Member
Hi guys I have just come across the case of munir edais. Have a look at the Instagram @justicee4muniredais for more information. Very interesting. Thoughts?

Its_Me

VIP Member
god i hope not. i’d assume when she turns 18 she’d have a choice but until then it would be the families choice right? he’s a vile man and doesn’t deserve to see her ever again, couldn’t even imagine growing up and reading all of the articles 💔
I would hope it’s her families choice but I really don’t know how it works in those circumstances. Horrific for her parents as well now having to deal with all of this kind of stuff going forward bless them.