Real Life Crime and Murder #4 goss

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The case in Greece with Caroline Crouch sounds so bad. Why wasn't her husband killed? If you kill one wouldn't you kill the other to stop them talking about what happened? It doesn't make sense.

How long had they been together? I ask as it is very creepy a guy in his mid 30s married a teenager and got her pregnant.
I think he’s 30, so not mid 30s but it doesn’t really change that his wife was a pregnant teen. Did feel a bit odd about the story as I read first Caroline was sleeping in a different room, then he was tied up and couldn’t see anything, then his blindfold slipped and he saw the attacker and called for help with his nose (which granted does work on touch screen) on the phone. I’m hoping it’s the translation which is making the story change and sound a bit jarring. The poor woman though, didn’t even get to see her child’s first birthday.

• Sad
Reactions: 9

He loves the press attention doesn't he? If my wife the mother of my kid had just been murdered in an horrific way, talking to the press on a daily basis wouldn't be top of my agenda. I would be grieving in private.
It is quite peculiar! I have a feeling he is involved somehow, maybe he hired someone to kill her? Was she planning on leaving him and taking the baby? He seems quite happy to stand in front of a camera.

Reactions: 11
It is quite peculiar! I have a feeling he is involved somehow, maybe he hired someone to kill her? Was she planning on leaving him and taking the baby? He seems quite happy to stand in front of a camera.
I totally agree, strangulation is a very “up close and personal“ kind of murder and it’s usually a partner.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I totally agree, strangulation is a very “up close and personal“ kind of murder and it’s usually a partner.
Exactly my thoughts, it's a very passionate way to kill someone. I hope to god they dont rule him out... Its simply not adding up.

Reactions: 4
I don't think I've read a news article and been so definite I was reading about a hit before. It's obvious.

Guilty for sure. How would a three year old girl be able to describe such things to her parents if it wasn't true and what was seen on the 250 hours of CCTV footage obviously showed enough for it to get this far. He will be looking at a very long sentence.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
The attempted murder shooting trial in Kesgrave (teenage victim & defendant) has got underway at Ipswich Crown Court.

Lucy Letby's trial has been delayed until July 2022.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7

Guilty for sure. How would a three year old girl be able to describe such things to her parents if it wasn't true and what was seen on the 250 hours of CCTV footage obviously showed enough for it to get this far. He will be looking at a very long sentence.
Heart breaking. What a smart abs brave little girl who never ever should have been put in that position.

Nearly a decade ago I worked in a call centre during uni. We knew all our calls were recorded & that 3 random calls a day would be assessed for QA / compliance (we took a lot of government agency jobs subcontracted out to us). Which meant you conducted every single call properly / well. Why on earth did this nursery not spot check 3 nappy changes per day remotely? What is the point in CCTV if no one is monitoring it until he’s got a double digit victim count?!

This fills me with dread as a mummy. I know this is vile of me but I hope he’s killed in prison tbh.

• Angry
Reactions: 17
Honestly, it's not odd at all - that is absolutely what should happen. No details should come out until the trial. You get a victim name, cause of death (although not always) where and when it happened and then, when the person is charged, their name, age and address. And that's it. I'm not really sure about the rules on photographs - the media take them from Facebook and print them a lot of the time now upon charging but the police don't release their mugshot until they are convicted.

The victims were named early on in the court proceedings but the attempted murder victim's names can't be reported (for obvious reasons)

The media, on the other hand, had a field day when she was first arrested - they named her (not the police, who, quite rightly, didn't name her until she was charged two years later) and trawled her Facebook account, printing photographs of her, her house, her road name and even printed photographs of her reporting for bail back in her home town.

And whether she is found guilty or not guilty, because of them, her life as she knew it was over the first second they did that. Absolute bleeping scum they are 😡

I will keep saying it. Everyone is entitled to a fair trial in this county. Everyone, no matter what they have allegedly done.

Yes, releasing information, apart from the basics, before a trial is considered highly prejudicial here in the UK (unlike the USA)

And I wouldn't necessarily agree with your second point in her case. It took two years to charge her so I think it's unlikely there is a 'smoking gun' - as I've already said, I'm willing to bet it's more likely to be a circumstantial case based on ruling everyone else out. But sometimes, circumstantial cases can be just as compelling as a case with forensics, DNA, etc. I've watched every episode of Cold Justice! 😂
I agree entirely, the press must ruin lives on a daily basis with the shite they write, the bastards not only illegally got details of milly dowlings phone which caused distress to her family but they nearly tipped belifield off that he was due to be arrested , the police planned to arrest him on the monday but the NOTW threatened to print the details about his upcoming arrest, so the police had to allow them to be there when he was arrested so they didn't print , I would have arrested them there and then.

Not only that but they ruined Christopher jefferies life by daily laying into him just because they saw him as odd, the police were right to suspect him and arrest him , but the press had no rights to make him guilty , especially as we know the truth. John Leslie's life was ruined by the press with no guilty verdict , I dare say there are many other victims of the press, Noel Clark whether guilty or not has been hung drawn and quartered before any kind of trial has been spoken about , you could argue there is no smoke without fire with Clark, I dont doubt the women speaking out , but the press should be made by law to stay away.

As for letby this is the first I've read properly , if true its sickening , I just can't even think what she did its too upsetting, but I wonder if her defence will be munchausen by proxy, was she there to try and save the babies to make her seem like a hero , a bit like firemen starting fires in the hope they look a hero, in a way I hope it is as it means she is very ill and explains somewhat why , otherwise I'm at a loss, usually I can get my head around murderers and why and what they get from it , but this one has me stumped its too upsetting.

Reactions: 6

These type of groups that take matters in to their own hands don't help matters. This guy will always be seen as dodgy because mud sticks and others will still think there is no smoke without fire.

The attempted murder shooting trial in Kesgrave (teenage victim & defendant) has got underway at Ipswich Crown Court.

Lucy Letby's trial has been delayed until July 2022.

Gosh that’s such a long way away, I wonder why it’s been delayed until then?

Reactions: 3
Gosh that’s such a long way away, I wonder why it’s been delayed until then?
I'm wondering if there may be a mental health defence - they normally take much longer to come to trial - but it could just simply be because there are so many victims.

These type of groups that take matters in to their own hands don't help matters. This guy will always be seen as dodgy because mud sticks and others will still think there is no smoke without fire.
Any type of vigilantism is abhorrent in my opinion.

Its weird that i probably know more into the court system in America than our own , obviously i watch court TV and things like that , but it just shows that we dont have the same info the have over there as to why trials are put back etc..., although i would say with all the coverage BEFORE a trial how the hell America can get a proper jury together to give a fair trial i dont know, anyone interested will have had all the info from the news and court TV and probably have a biased view already, so while i know more about the court system in america and its all very interesting watching the build up to trials, in a way i actually think our country needs a complete blackout of pre trial info from media aside from the basic news about a death and an arrest

Its weird that i probably know more into the court system in America than our own , obviously i watch court TV and things like that , but it just shows that we dont have the same info the have over there as to why trials are put back etc..., although i would say with all the coverage BEFORE a trial how the hell America can get a proper jury together to give a fair trial i dont know, anyone interested will have had all the info from the news and court TV and probably have a biased view already, so while i know more about the court system in america and its all very interesting watching the build up to trials, in a way i actually think our country needs a complete blackout of pre trial info from media aside from the basic news about a death and an arrest
Their system is just all wrong. I have banged on about it enough 😂

However, I watched a 48 Hours last night involving a young man in his twenties, with Aspergers/ASD, who was accused of killing his parents. I was shocked but unsurprised to see that he was interrogated for hours (nine and a half the first time) apparently without an appropriate adult (as he would have here) and the detectives also lied to him about what his co-accused was saying. This was seemingly all perfectly fine and he was convicted. I'm sure he was guilty (of the planning not the actual murder) but their system is all kinds of fucked up to still allow that kind of crap to go on. I know they are allowed to lie to suspects - which is entrapment on any level to my mind - but lying to a highly suggestive person with autism and without anyone there supporting him is just appalling. In saying all of that though, he never confessed.

Court backlogs due to Covid are enormous unfortunately.
I agree but pretty sure it's not because of that in this case because a trial date had already been set for January 2022 plus any cases on my calendar for both Manchester courts have been going ahead more or less when scheduled. However, the article I linked stated that both the prosecution and defence have agreed that the January date "cannot be met" but the reason for this was unspecified.

A new trial date has been set today for 4th July 2022. The trial is scheduled to last six months so maybe that's the reason why the original January trial date has been vacated?

More information in this report:

"Mr Justice Dove set the July 2022 date after hearing and reading submissions from both prosecution and defence.

He told the hearing that July 4, 2022, would be a realistic starting date for a trial 'of this magnitude and complexity'.

The estimated length of the trial, to be held at Manchester Crown Court, is six months. A trial judge has yet to be selected.

Mr Justice Dove noted that there were aspects of the prosecution case that had yet to be served on the defence.

A provisional date for the trial had originally been set as January 11 next year, but that was abandoned because of the volume of work required by both sets of lawyers."

Last edited:
Wow just read this. How horrific. So many questions.
bit more info in this story. very complex family background.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.