Real Life Crime and Murder #20

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was she looking at pictures of him as a kid when she called him a 'cheeky boy'?

Oh, perhaps - apologies if I’ve misunderstood.

Reactions: 1
The poor boy was Nigerian and went to a well known school n Woodford Green,it’s a beautiful Public school,that poor girl in Nottingham horror also went to that school.

Well,even if he hasn’t MH problems it will be used no doubt.He must have previous.
The police in their statement yesterday late afternoon confirmed that despite checks there were no previous records for him or being known to the police. However, she did say they were still searching.

I’m currently following the murder trial for Simon Shotton in Bournemouth as I’m quite local.

One for the defendants couldn’t give evidence today because the prison van had to drop someone else off at a another court and the poor defendant needed some rest after the long journey 🤪

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Two charged with criminal damage for cutting down tree and damaging Hadrian's wall...

So the two that have been charged this week are completely different people to the two that were arrested and talked about back when it happened, this article makes that clear.

Another initially rushed shitshow by the police then, but hopefully now they have the right people and given the time that has passed have taken the time to make sure the charges stick.

Reactions: 6
I’m currently following the murder trial for Simon Shotton in Bournemouth as I’m quite local.

One for the defendants couldn’t give evidence today because the prison van had to drop someone else off at a another court and the poor defendant needed some rest after the long journey 🤪

I'm following too - I don't see how she couldn't know what had happened or why she didn't call the police!

The police in their statement yesterday late afternoon confirmed that despite checks there were no previous records for him or being known to the police. However, she did say they were still searching.
He is Dual Spanish-Brazilian apparently.

Reactions: 5
Well, clearly he wasn't!

The poor farmer must have been absolutely petrified.

Reactions: 17
It's like Tony Martin all over again but he did shoot someone in the back who was outside running AWAY from him. That is NOT self defence in opinion.

Killing someone who has broken into your home and is still inside is fair game as far as I'm concerned. Hence why there's a big knife in my bedside drawer because there are certain cases that haunt me. He'll get done if the firearm isn't legally held though.

There was a case a few years ago where two members of a certain community (much like the Tony Martin case) broke into an old couple's home - think it was somewhere in London or the outskirts - and the old boy got the better of one of them and killed him (inside) The CPS never pressed charges in that case but the community decided to have the funeral procession or a march (can't remember which) right past the house where it happened. I am willing to bet money that couple had to move away from that home they'd lived in for many years and go into witness protection because, to my knowledge, we've never heard anything about it since.

EDIT - here's the case I'm talking about:

Last edited:
Reactions: 22
Why insane? He was protecting himself. You should be allowed to defend your home.
Insane was probably the wrong word, I would imagine he probably panicked and what happened would've been so fast. Like the poster below said I hope the gun was legal.
It's like Tony Martin all over again but he did shoot someone in the back who was outside running AWAY from him. That is NOT self defence in opinion.

Killing someone who has broken into your home and is still inside is fair game as far as I'm concerned. Hence why there's a big knife in my bedside drawer because there are certain cases that haunt me. He'll get done if the firearm isn't legally held though.

There was a case a few years ago where two members of a certain community (much like the Tony Martin case) broke into an old couple's home - think it was somewhere in London or the outskirts - and the old boy got the better of one of them and killed him (inside) The CPS never pressed charges in that case but the community decided to have the funeral procession or a march (can't remember which) right past the house where it happened. I am willing to bet money that couple had to move away from that home they'd lived in for many years and go into witness protection because, to my knowledge, we've never heard anything about it since.

EDIT - here's the case I'm talking about:

I have a baseball bat beside my bedroom door and I would use it if needed. I remember that case, he had to leave his house as the house was attacked and the funeral procession went past where he lived.

Reactions: 8
It’s being reported to the police were called to the property earlier in the week. The statistics show that the police do not to respond to or solve burglary crimes. they seem to be a non-priority. It’s terrifying for rural and isolated residents. It’s no wonder that people take the law into their own hands. You have to be able to defend yourself and then if the police can’t do it people do it for themselves. I see the homeowner has been arrested for attempted murder. It will be for the investigation to determine whether the shots fired count as self defence.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This is fairly near me.
The guy who's died was a dj at the local pub and they posted that he was a nice lad who'll be missed. So nice that he was in someone's farm in the middle of the night with 2 other who've been arrested for aggregated burglery....
---
It’s being reported to the police were called to the property earlier in the week. The statistics show that the police do not to respond to or solve burglary crimes. they seem to be a non-priority. It’s terrifying for rural and isolated residents. It’s no wonder that people take the law into their own hands. You have to be able to defend yourself and then if the police can’t do it people do it for themselves. I see the homeowner has been arrested for attempted murder. It will be for the investigation to determine whether the shots fired count as self defence.
Farm crime round there is bad, Derbyshire police are asking about cattle being stolen the same night. There's no police station nearby so it's no wonder farmers are getting frustrated.

• Heart
EBC5AC77-6251-4D0D-811B-61C7025A643B.png

front page of the sun today. What were they thinking? A small left hand column. Referring to the victim Daniel Anjorin as ‘sword lad’. The child was 14, walking to school and was murdered. A hard working family have lost their child.

loathe this paper.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 70
This is fairly near me.
The guy who's died was a dj at the local pub and they posted that he was a nice lad who'll be missed. So nice that he was in someone's farm in the middle of the night with 2 other who've been arrested for aggregated burglery....
---

Farm crime round there is bad, Derbyshire police are asking about cattle being stolen the same night. There's no police station nearby so it's no wonder farmers are getting frustrated.
Is it Travellers responsible in your area? Where I am travellers are responsible for a huge amount of rural crime from burglaries to hare coursing. And the police seem unwilling or unable to control it.

Reactions: 13
Is it Travellers responsible in your area? Where I am travellers are responsible for a huge amount of rural crime from burglaries to hare coursing. And the police seem unwilling or unable to control it.
I think it's the proximity to Manchester and Sheffield for the most part. That and the police are covering a large, rural area with little resources.
Although having said that it appears the lads involved here are also local to the farm.

Reactions: 5
As the subject of travelers has come up, I notice The Mail describes Dan Graham, the chap charged with cutting down the tree, as...

" He lives in a caravan by a field with horses and has a number of dogs on his land in the countryside near the city. "

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.