Real Life Crime and Murder #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m sure this has been mentioned already as I’m late to the party but what’s everyone’s thoughts on the John O’keef / Karen Reed case in Boston? An accident, a cover up?
I hadn’t heard of this so just had a read….first thoughts are an accident and she panicked as she was drunk and didn’t want to get in trouble, then regretted it later and went to look for him. But how would he have cuts on his face and arms?! And swollen eyes?! Need to see the doorbell footage I guess. What do you think?!

Reactions: 3
I still can’t make head nor tail of this one 😫😫

I'm from Edinburgh and at the time there were so many rumours about what had happened and everyone was like "no way, that's too brutal" but turns out it was all true! I don't know why they inflicted such brutality, it's just absolutely awful.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
I still can’t make head nor tail of this one 😫😫

That’s horrific. But I couldn’t stop myself from reading to the end!
Glad they’ve got appropriate sentences.

Also - absolutely not victim-blaming in the slightest - it says that one had previously said the father was planning to kill him. I can’t see any reason you’d agree to go to the home of someone you were worried would do that to you.

Reactions: 3
I read this article this morning, another man killing his wife, poor woman was only 26. The details are quite upsetting.

He’s 28 and he’s been sentenced to “life” with a minimum of just under 20 years. Wtaf. I know it’s a minimum but how the hell does dismembering your wife into over 200 pieces not warrant a whole life order?! Plenty of time to think “hang on, what I’m doing here is wrong” and to stop. The sentencing guidelines really need a huge overhaul.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 34
  • Sad
Reactions: 19
He’s 28 and he’s been sentenced to “life” with a minimum of just under 20 years. Wtaf. I know it’s a minimum but how the hell does dismembering your wife into over 200 pieces not warrant a whole life order?! Plenty of time to think “hang on, what I’m doing here is wrong” and to stop. The sentencing guidelines really need a huge overhaul.
Plead guilty so got time knocked off

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 7
I saw the sentence, minimum of 19 years. Wtf??

Reactions: 4
I'm from Edinburgh and at the time there were so many rumours about what had happened and everyone was like "no way, that's too brutal" but turns out it was all true! I don't know why they inflicted such brutality, it's just absolutely awful.
I’m from Edinburgh also, unbelievable to read all the rumours were true! . Any idea on motive?

I’m from Edinburgh also, unbelievable to read all the rumours were true! . Any idea on motive?
No idea on motives, I think I read somewhere that they were bullying the victims for months, taking their money etc. Not sure why they decided to kill them. They bought gloves, forensic suits and shoes so it was very premeditated. Hopefully that will be them away for the rest of their days.

In regards to the "man" who was sentenced for murdering Holly, 20 years is ridiculous. He gets out in his 50s? I truly believe if you murder someone brutally and then dismember then and don't stop then you should get a whole life order. The friend should've got 20 years alone. Sentencing in this country needs to change to protect others.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I hadn’t heard of this so just had a read….first thoughts are an accident and she panicked as she was drunk and didn’t want to get in trouble, then regretted it later and went to look for him. But how would he have cuts on his face and arms?! And swollen eyes?! Need to see the doorbell footage I guess. What do you think?!
That was my first thought too. An accident, she maybe half knew she hit him but left anyway then sobered up and realised what she’d maybe done. But then again the cover up story of therw being a fight in the house and they dumped him setting her up. But I don’t know I don’t think there would have been time for them to come up with it?!

Reactions: 1
I am astonished at the 19 year minimum sentence for the Holly Bramley murder. Even with a reduction for a guilty plea I feel that this crime was so abhorrent it deserves far longer. His guilty plea is completely irrelevant- he should not be rewarded for this. I hope it is referred as being unduly lenient.
---
I don’t know if anyone remembers the prolific rapist The Fox from the mid-1980’s. He’s eligible for parole this year.

You’d like to think it would be a resounding no. But well, stupider things have happened.
yes I do, I was living in his ‘triangle’ at the time and people were terrified.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.